Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

do you believe in aliens or ghosts

Started by kittens, August 06, 2022, 11:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliens or ghosts

aliens
29 (64.4%)
ghosts
10 (22.2%)
an tsaoi
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

The Alien(s) from Alien(s) are also predators.

EDIT: New page Requiem.

Ferris

Aliens (and predators) vs predators (and aliens)

Dex Sawash

I don't believe in either. Still terrified of them though. Daughter's house has a ghost in the basement, she had a lady in to check it out and everything. I don't go down there any more.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: imitationleather on August 07, 2022, 12:03:42 AM

The Qatar 2022 mascot La'eeb is real and he's a ghost.

Impressive that they've considered that spinning a flagellum doesn't scale with volume, and that a spaniel-sized sperm would need to use manta-ray like locomotion.

imitationleather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC3PXKuFgLA

I'm sure you want to see La'eeb in action, and you can with this genuinely baffling FIFA video.

Zero Gravitas

So..he's a mascot for the platonic ideal of all mascots or just a mascot for the platonic form of the Qatar 2022 mascot?

Is what Redwan's avatar experiences in the mascotverse an accurate representation of the forms of mascots, or is he experiencing just a shadow of what they will be once reified? or is he converted into a form and we're seeing the 'projection' of his form's interactions with the forms of mascots (or mascots of mascots?)?

If they're open to direct experience then surely they're not ideas anymore and those are the actual mascots (or mascots of mascots) and the idea of them being ideas collapses, they're real things that someone injects the concepts of into advertising executives minds all the claimed potentiality or non-spatio-temporal aspect of them is removed - they're just a thing in the world just as much as if they were in an inaccessible room - the interesting part becomes the physical mechanism by which the ad executives have their mental states modified.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on August 08, 2022, 03:47:40 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC3PXKuFgLA

I'm sure you want to see La'eeb in action, and you can with this genuinely baffling FIFA video.

FIFA mascots have always been nonsensical but fair play this is so bonkers it takes it to the next level.

imitationleather

How is someone going to be able to wear a massive suit of La'eeb without it looking shit because they can't fly?

They're going to need to get a real ghost to do it.

Ferris

dissolute ocelot

Ghost hunting is better than alien hunting cause you can hunt ghosts indoors.

Is a ghost alien different from an alien ghost? Does it depend on where they die?

What about a ghost alien bigfoot?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Ferris on August 07, 2022, 12:43:38 PMthe Predators were also aliens

And the aliens were also predators. And the humans were also predators and aliens to the predators and the aliens.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Lemming on August 07, 2022, 01:59:23 PMI believe in aliens to the extent of looking at the scale of the universe and going "yeah probably something there somewhere".

Doesn't believing in aliens mean close encounters with little green men happening in Roswell and all that bollocks? Most intelligent people believe there's something out there in the vast cosmos, just not necessarily that they're clever enough to get here but not clever enough to avoid crashing their flying saucer. 

Mr Vegetables

"Earth is attacked by a ruined spaceship full of alien ghosts" sounds like a well cool premise for a movie

checkoutgirl

If the aliens got near us surely they'd just observe us from a few thousand miles away in space. Humans are so primitive that would be enough distance to hide from us. Then they'd be looking at elections and telly and Charles Manson and stuff. They'd eventually get to Tucker Carlson and think that's plenty and just fuck off. Humans would be none the wiser.

I don't even really doubt they have observed us already. I seriously doubt they've crash landed and Bob fucking Lazar has had a butchers at the whole mess. And I seriously doubt that 150,000 Americans have been in contact with them or that an alien has given a man a beard.

Replies From View

I once heard a ghost trying to kill all the woodworm in its house

madhair60

jobotic

La'eeb used to have arms and legs but he lost them during an accident building a World Cup stadium. He has to be a mascot to pay back the money he owes for the work he hasn't done.

checkoutgirl

Apparently 40,000,000, yes forty million Americans either claim to have seen an alien or know someone who's seen an alien. If you were an alien would you want to even see one single American in your entire life? Don't answer the answer's no.

That's not seeing aliens, that's a mental health crisis in a really quite insane country.

Head Gardener

messed with a Ouija Board once, never again

Ferris

Just saw an alien at Costco and now I'm not so sure.

kittens

no memory at all of starting this pathetic attempt at a thread. yes, ghosts and aliens are real, we have all met them.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on August 29, 2022, 04:25:49 PMno memory at all of starting this pathetic attempt at a thread.

Maybe a ghost did it? We can't rule it out.

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 07, 2022, 11:46:54 AMI reckon there could be an afterlife based on some super-advanced benevolent alien species finding a way for all living things in the universe to go somewhere nice when they die.

there are theological and metaphysical versions of this and they don't end well. if eternal contentment is the logical conclusion for all life, that some rising tide will eventually lift all the boats, then its best for sentience to annihilate all life before thought could be imprisoned. eternal cognition without any real problems to solve or any others to help would be worse than hell based on unhappiness and pain. my brain would be thinking of ways to make my partner happy but she's eternally happy anyway, im also thinking about the welfare of the collective im in but that collectives welfare is guaranteed. my biggest passions in life relate to problems like beauty and narrative but everything is equally beautiflu and time doesnt exist. if a computer is making problems for me to solve i would eventually realise it because my ignorance runs contrary to the imperative for eternal contentment. the part about boots in waiting for Godot basically. a truly perfect beneviolent force wouldnt even be able to cause me problems anyway.

i cant even go insane because im preserved forever as myself so im pushing against walls that dont exist.

a true beneviolent alien race would be trying to annihilate as much as possible and then kill itself. why fermi paradox. benevolent aliens kill life because reason enslaves life which rebels and enslaves reason for eternity

Ferris

Dr Rock

The benevolent alien race have worked out a solution to that.

Video Game Fan 2000

life wants contentment but thought wants happiness. thought uses reason to enslave life and reduce contentment for greater happiness (feudalism and pre-enlightmented civilisation). life eventually rebels and puts reason to use producing contentment at the cost of long term happiness (we're here, capitalist society). if life and its quest for eternal contentment and self preservation totally enslaves reason and scrubs out any possibility for happiness to guarantee eternal contentment for itself we're in a place far worse than the christian hell, even if that seems like a liberation from the disaster of consumerist and climate destroying society. a perfectly rational and benevolent alien race, which is certain to exist because of numbers, is therefore out there right now putting itself to work annihilating all life in the universe which we perceive as the fermi paradox.

i dont believe this im badly paraphrasing something else

Dr Rock

Who said the alien-created afterlife will be eternal contentment?

Video Game Fan 2000

if its more like Bubble Bobble than Spinal Catastrophism then im all in