Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Five millionth post

Started by shiftwork2, August 08, 2022, 10:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: madhair60 on August 09, 2022, 10:57:55 PMunfortunately it was a racial slur.

Yep, and it was aimed at Dr Who.

shiftwork2

4,999,271 however "msg= " on quoting is already over 5 million.  Even if we take the former number as gospel I'm not sure there's any way to identify post 5,000,000.

Tony Tony Tony

No I'm post 5 million and so is my wife.

Joe Qunt

It will be me. I'm going on the hop at work just to get it.

touchingcloth

The five millionth post has already been made, and linked to in this thread. The "Total Posts" figure in the stats will be lower due to merged and deleted posts, so I suspect we won't be able to identify which specific post tips that figure over to 5,000,000.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 10:56:12 AMThe five millionth post has already been made, and linked to in this thread. The "Total Posts" figure in the stats will be lower due to merged and deleted posts, so I suspect we won't be able to identify which specific post tips that figure over to 5,000,000.

shut up

Butchers Blind

Reading through the small print, the person who makes the 5 millionth post has to make a cash payment of £100 to every other member. Good luck.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Joe Qunt on August 10, 2022, 10:59:56 AMshut up

You shut your mouth. How can you say I analyse posts the wrong way?

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 11:52:34 AMYou shut your mouth. How can you say I analyse posts the wrong way?

Now boys let's not fight. With 5,000,000 posts there's enough for everyone.

madhair60

I think today is the day. Eyes open, CaB crew!!

Captain Z

Really not sure what @Tina Turner has done for so many people to have them on ignore.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 10:56:12 AMThe five millionth post has already been made, and linked to in this thread. The "Total Posts" figure in the stats will be lower due to merged and deleted posts, so I suspect we won't be able to identify which specific post tips that figure over to 5,000,000.

I think this post was #4,999,571 in the counter. The link to it is https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=96153.msg5005222#msg5005222

The difference is 5,651 posts. Therefore, provided Barry doesn't delete any posts between now and #5,000,000 on the counter, the post with msg5005651#msg5005651 in the url should be the 5 millionth surviving post.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Captain Z on August 10, 2022, 12:42:47 PMReally not sure what @Tina Turner has done for so many people to have them on ignore.
No-one needs another hero.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Midas on August 10, 2022, 08:04:17 PMIf posters feel like toddling along this side to shake hands until we meet again, they're very welcome to do so!

This was the five millionth post.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on August 10, 2022, 08:07:51 PMThis was the five millionth post.

Same by my calculations too (watching the numbers tick over). Midas should be crowned King of CaB.

King Midas eh?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 10, 2022, 01:57:45 PMI think this post was #4,999,571 in the counter. The link to it is https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=96153.msg5005222#msg5005222

The difference is 5,651 posts. Therefore, provided Barry doesn't delete any posts between now and #5,000,000 on the counter, the post with msg5005651#msg5005651 in the url should be the 5 millionth surviving post.

If he deletes one _after_ that moment, then the post before will become the five millionth surviving post. It's a pointless way of looking at things given we know the five millionth post made. POINTLESS

Ferris

According to my tracker thing on the home page, it has happened.

Gg everyone, back to work.

Midas

let everyone down, haven't i

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 08:45:57 PMIf he deletes one _after_ that moment, then the post before will become the five millionth surviving post. It's a pointless way of looking at things given we know the five millionth post made. POINTLESS

But pointless posting is what I live for.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Midas on August 10, 2022, 09:04:59 PMlet everyone down, haven't i

Yes. The i should be capitalised.

Tony Tony Tony

Zero Gravitas

with the 'missing' post offset (which is still the same) is it not this one https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?msg=5005651?

Quote from: Midas on August 10, 2022, 08:04:17 PMIf posters feel like toddling along this side to shake hands until we meet again, they're very welcome to do so!

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 09, 2022, 10:10:16 PMAnyone remember what the 4 million post was? Bet it was something about DrWho.

Hahaha... I was right.

Captain Z

This thread has made me realise we must be close to making the 5,000,000th post on CaB. Anybody know what that post was?

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Captain Z on August 11, 2022, 05:40:33 AMThis thread has made me realise we must be close to making the 5,000,000th post on CaB. Anybody know what that post was?

Quote from: Midas on August 10, 2022, 08:04:17 PM
ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ

┌─────────:*•. •✧☆✧• .•*:─────────┐
 5 MILLION REEKING GAPING ARSES
└─────────:*•. •✧✧• .•*:─────────┘

ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ ᕁ᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮᙮ᕁᕽᕽᕁ᙮ᕁ

Nice.

Quote from: Blumf on August 10, 2022, 09:08:44 PMHere's the 5000000 post, by post index (not forum count, however that's worked out)
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?msg=5000000

It's a fucking video games post, typical!

Just replying from this shitposting burner account as I'm away from home and don't have my old login details to hand, although I may not go back to the other one now tbh.

It's actually remarkably galling to put a bit of effort into starting a thread for once just to get one random out of context post from that thread singled out to be sneered at for lols, then on top of that to have fucking madhair sticking the boot in then trying to backtrack and pretend it's just harmless bants. It's enough to make a cablad question if they still need this shit and to conclude "probably not".

Still, well done everyone on seizing yet another opportunity to make someone else feel like shit.

Zero Gravitas

If it helps, Zelda has always made me feel a little panicky and uncomfortable.

Perhaps it's latent anxiety about potentially confusing which one is the princess and which one is the elf and being publicly mocked for it?