Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richie Sunak - The Decline and Fall

Started by Alberon, February 26, 2024, 11:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Banlon

The Millennium Drive private gated development in Tower Hamlets is definitely a no-go zone if you aren't from round there.

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: WhoMe on February 26, 2024, 06:02:34 PMIt's funny to hear about these 'no go zones' that turn out to be places you do, in fact, go to.
Sparkhill is only a no go zone in the sense that it's a shit hole where no one would want to go.

Alberon

The current Tory plan of saying Anderson was wrong but refusing to be drawn on why he was wrong or if he's anti-muslim is working as well as expected.

QuoteA minister's broadcast interview was cut short by the interviewer this morning after he repeatedly refused to say whether he believed Lee Anderson's comments about Sadiq Khan were Islamophobic.

Michael Tomlinson, the minister for illegal migration, was unable to explain why he thought Mr Anderson's comments about the Mayor of London were "wrong".

Asked six times by LBC host Nick Ferrari why it was necessary to withdraw the whip from Mr Anderson, Mr Tomlinson would only say: "It was wrong."

Mr Ferrari asked three times why Mr Anderson's comments were "wrong", and three times whether they were Islamophobic before stopping the interview, saying: "Michael Tomlinson is a minister of state for illegal migration, unable to answer a question."

Meanwhile Anderson says he will run for parliament again and seems to be talking to Reform. Braverman labels the whole row as 'hysteria' and demands Sunak deal with 'Islamic Extremism'.

idunnosomename

Return to Labour for Lee? He's a big racist pot of piss so exactly what Starmer needs to win back us incorrigible racists up north.

RottonRaddish

Whilst we are on the topic of scoring political points with Islam, can someone explain the centrist rehabilitation of Sayeeda Warsi?  She's now joined Campbell and that rubber faced Tory, whose name escapes me at the moment, as the voice of "reasonable" politicians from a few years ago.

Completely ignoring of course that like Cameron, she got her peerage so she could be in cabinet without getting elected. Also more damningly, her entire MO during the coalition years was to walk into areas with racial tension and say to the Muslim population "What the hell are you doing voting Labour? You should be voting Conservative because we hate gays just like you. If Labour get in they will remove Islam from schools and force your children to take drugs. Is that what you want?"

Senior Baiano

Think you've explained it pretty well yourself. What problem would a centrist have with any of that?

Anderson having his "and everyone clapped" moment on GB News:

QuoteI know I'm not everybody's cup of tea and I do speak in a different language to a lot of people in Parliament. When I went into pubs in Ashfield at the weekend, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, which I did, I got a round of applause and I went in. These are normal working class people.

Alberon

Also in the chinny-reckon stakes, Richard Tice of Reform says two Tory MPs wanted to join over the last thirteen months but he turned them down. Obviously, he was far too polite to name them.

phantom_power

Quote from: Senior Baiano on February 27, 2024, 09:52:10 AMThink you've explained it pretty well yourself. What problem would a centrist have with any of that?

Yeah she is one of those "nice" Tories like Cameron who knows not to be openly, actively evil and just does evil things and doesn't then brag about them on Twitter. She is less extreme than a lot of the current Tory party but that isn't saying much. She was also on an episode of Taskmaster so must be doing the PR reputation-washing thing that worked so well for Campbell and co. and was tried by Matt Hancock but didn't work for him because he is too much of a pathetic, spineless turd

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 27, 2024, 10:08:33 AMAnderson having his "and everyone clapped" moment on GB News:

I don't think I can trust people who go the pub on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Alberon

Sunak slightly, very slightly, increases his condemnation of Anderson's comments.

QuoteThe Prime Minister's official spokesperson told reporters: "The Prime Minister responded to these questions yesterday, he doesn't believe that the individual is a racist but ... the language he used was wrong and it's unacceptable obviously to conflate all Muslims with Islamist extremism or the extreme ideology of Islamism.

"That's why the PM regarded those comments as wrong and unacceptable."

In short, Anderson isn't racist, but the racist views he uttered are unacceptable.

That will, no doubt, be the end of the matter.

FeederFan500

Quote from: phantom_power on February 27, 2024, 10:40:09 AMYeah she is one of those "nice" Tories like Cameron who knows not to be openly, actively evil and just does evil things and doesn't then brag about them on Twitter. She is less extreme than a lot of the current Tory party but that isn't saying much. She was also on an episode of Taskmaster so must be doing the PR reputation-washing thing that worked so well for Campbell and co. and was tried by Matt Hancock but didn't work for him because he is too much of a pathetic, spineless turd

She also did a Stand Up to Cancer thing with an annoyed Nick Helm, she wants to be a TV personality I think. You have to be able to criticise the occasional thing your party does so you don't seem like a puppet but then you can keep going on TV like Portillo or Abbott used to.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FeederFan500 on February 26, 2024, 06:59:29 PMIf Street has gone to Sparkbrook for any reason other than political gain I would be shocked tbqh.

However there are much more unsafe areas so the original point is nonsense. Occasionally features in Man Like Mobeen.

no point going to Sparkbrook now Imrans has shut :(

Ferris

Quote from: Alberon on February 27, 2024, 01:11:48 PMSunak slightly, very slightly, increases his condemnation of Anderson's comments.

In short, Anderson isn't racist, but the racist views he uttered are unacceptable.

That will, no doubt, be the end of the matter.

Well, I'm convinced.

idunnosomename

the biggest red flag about Lee is that he was office manager for Gloria De Piero

RottonRaddish

Quote from: phantom_power on February 27, 2024, 10:40:09 AMYeah she is one of those "nice" Tories like Cameron who knows not to be openly, actively evil and just does evil things and doesn't then brag about them on Twitter. She is less extreme than a lot of the current Tory party but that isn't saying much. She was also on an episode of Taskmaster so must be doing the PR reputation-washing thing that worked so well for Campbell and co. and was tried by Matt Hancock but didn't work for him because he is too much of a pathetic, spineless turd

Like fucking clockwork.

David Baddiel and Sayeeda Warsi launch brand-new podcast

Staining my pants in excitement for this.

BlodwynPig

FeederFan500

Screams "We see eye to eye on many topics but we don't agree on everything!!"

Ferris

Quote from: RottonRaddish on February 29, 2024, 01:41:26 PMLike fucking clockwork.

David Baddiel and Sayeeda Warsi launch brand-new podcast

Staining my pants in excitement for this.

QuoteTopics featured will range from antisemitism in the Labour party and Islamophobia in the Conservative Party to debating concepts like "racism hierarchies", "non-visible minorities" and "victim olympics".

All the old hits. Must-listen stuff.

bgmnts

Keep confusing this guy with the spice Sumac.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Ferris on February 29, 2024, 04:41:15 PMAll the old hits. Must-listen stuff.

Private Eye has plenty of reports of antisemitism in the Conservative Party via Rotten Boroughs etc. Why isn't that being discussed?

Also, it's disgraceful how the media and the commentariat are largely supportive of further restricting the right to protest to silence people calling for an end to the killing in Gaza.

"Baroness, I wonder if, from your many years spent inside Westminster, you can give us an informed explanation as to why they are no longer any ugly pop stars?"

"What happened to the bald politicians Sayeeda? Where is our next William Hague coming from?!"

Senior Baiano

In fairness most people have an a priori assumption (a dishearteningly accurate one), that local councillors are all weird psychopaths regardless of party, so stuff from local government struggles to cut through.

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 29, 2024, 04:50:26 PMPrivate Eye has plenty of reports of antisemitism in the Conservative Party via Rotten Boroughs etc. Why isn't that being discussed?

bOtH sIdEs

Pink Gregory

this stuff might work if anyone didn't regard him as a little weed nerd

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 29, 2024, 04:50:26 PMPrivate Eye has plenty of reports of antisemitism in the Conservative Party via Rotten Boroughs etc. Why isn't that being discussed?

Also, it's disgraceful how the media and the commentariat are largely supportive of further restricting the right to protest to silence people calling for an end to the killing in Gaza.
Plenty of examples of labour plain not giving a shit about Islamophobia, and enacting a hierarchy of racism by actively sandbagging the complaints process for factional regions but I doubt that'll come up.