Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:55:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heideckers the trip parody and some other stuff

Started by RickyGerbail, November 27, 2011, 05:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Nehamkin

I quite like Heidecker but I find his Brand X obsession a bit confusing. For the record, I'm something of a Brand sympathizer and find the show quite enjoyable if unspectacular, but like the guy or not I really don't get what it is about it that winds Heidecker up so much. I mean, It's a low budget, relatively low-key half hour of stand-up on FX, it's essentially harmless and easily avoidable. The way he goes on about it on twitter you'd think he was making a daring attack on some comedy goliath. Just seems like an oddly misplaced target when there are so many other shows far more deserving of attack.

Also, however shit you think they are, going to a fellow comedian's show to disrupt their performance and basically heckle them is really dickish.

EDIT: I realise the above makes me look like a bit of a Brand fanboy. I obviously don't think he's beyond criticism, just that Heidecker's seemingly pathological hatred of him comes across as a bit weird.

up_the_hampipe

Yeah, I guess you're kind of right there. It's okay to take a shot at another comedian on Twitter, like Joe Mande did a hilarious Brand X related one that I can't find right now, it was really just a quick jab. I think Heidecker wants to be known as a guy who makes things uncomfortable or takes them too far. Quite a weird comedic turn-on but whatever.

edit: the Joe Mande tweet. Quite enjoyed it. Better on a first time surprise viewing - https://twitter.com/JoeMande/status/230105949715693568

up_the_hampipe

Watched a few minutes of Brand X just now and I completely understand Heidecker's motives.

Johnny Townmouse

This may have been brought up in a different thread, but Heidecker was on Marc Maron's WTF? podcast recently. It appears to be a completely straight interview, and he even talks about his Father and his background. It's weirdly flat at the start, but picks up as both of them relax.

There's some nice observations from Maron about being threatened by Heidecker's stand-up schtick which is rather typical of him.

Retinend

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on November 14, 2012, 12:14:31 PM
This may have been brought up in a different thread, but Heidecker was on Marc Maron's WTF? podcast recently. It appears to be a completely straight interview, and he even talks about his Father and his background. It's weirdly flat at the start, but picks up as both of them relax

This was a pleasure to listen to, thanks!

edit:
http://castroller.com/Podcasts/WtfWithMarc/3067251

Slaaaaabs

mcbpete

Quote from: Thursday on January 29, 2013, 05:08:28 PM
And the video livestream of that show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI&list=PL-LlLgk6wRmNR4ByIoQzSaIGJXZ7perdP&index=5
I flipping loved that - the combination of the 'political/satirical' type, the 'zany' guy and Heideker's Bill-Bob Thornton-esque character just worked beautifully. Definitely gonna have to watch that a few more times.

hedgehog90

Maybe this new Heidecker material might tempt RickyGerbail to post something. It's his thread after all.

I hope you're doing better, Ricky.

kitsofan34

This seems a rather appropriate place to post Beach House's new music video, directed by Eric Wareheim and starring the fantastic Ray Wise.

wheatgod

Petey Pate

The shots of the crowd in that video are hilarious.  Did you spot Eric?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Petey Pate on March 08, 2013, 11:29:54 AM
The shots of the crowd in that video are hilarious.  Did you spot Eric?

Aye, staring blank faced in the crowd.

I wasn't expecting it, but it's really quite an oddly beautiful little film, that sort of transcends the daftness to become rather hypnotic. I've always found Eric to be a far more limited performer than Tim, but maybe his real talents lie behind the camera.