Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'The Life & Times of Tim'... The Best Show That You've Never Seen

Started by St_Eddie, November 06, 2017, 02:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Do you like South Park?

Do you like Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Well, good for you, fella.

Now watch The Life and Times of Tim and thank me later.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qj8mk

Seriously, watch all 3 seasons.  It's brilliant.

Bye bye.

Mr Banlon

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 06, 2017, 02:20:10 AM
...Stuballs

Hehehe... "Stuballs".  Quite honestly, I try to model myself on Tim.  I look up to him.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  Probably not.

Also, it must be said; Keith is not a good boy.

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 06, 2017, 02:20:10 AM
...Love Debbie

I was blown away to learn that the voice actor for Debbie is a man.

Mr Banlon

Tim is a genuinely nice fella. 99% of the trouble he gets into is him being made to do stuff he doesn't want to do. Or him trying to do the right thing, but going about it the wrong way.
And no, Keith is not a good boy.

itsfredtitmus

I'll put it on the list
The artstyle looks like Charlie and Lola

ASFTSN

Totally forgot about this. Yep, it's very funny once you get past the horrendous art style.

St_Eddie

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on November 06, 2017, 08:25:48 AM
I'll put it on the list

Please do.  If I manage to get even just one person to watch this underappreciated gem, then my mission is complete.

Quote from: ASFTSN on November 06, 2017, 08:27:32 AM
Totally forgot about this. Yep, it's very funny once you get past the horrendous art style.

I kind of love the crappy MS Paint art style.  There's a certain charm to it.  I also find it inordinately humorous that whenever a character is required to walk, they cut to a close up of a stationary character and lay some footstep sound effects over it.  It's wonderfully shite.

Ron Superior

I bloody loved Life and Times of Tim. It's how I got to know about Nick Kroll in the first place.

Steve the creator did a very similar pilot for Amazon recently, which was decent. Don't know if anything came of it.

magval

My two favourite Tim bits are this great innocuous moment when someone approaches Tim with bad news or the impending story catalyst and he really tentatively goes "what's this?". No idea what episode it's from but it's stuck with me forever. I also love the episode that has the line "um...let me just begin... by saying all of you women in this room...have ABNORMALLY attractive rear ends" followed by a jump cut to the next scene, leaving the awkwardness of that conversation to fester in our imaginations. It is perfect.

Great show.

olliebean

Quote from: St_Eddie on November 06, 2017, 02:12:42 AMhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qj8mk

Episode 6 is missing. (Haven't checked beyond that.) Also download from DailyMotion is painfully slow. Anywhere else I can get it from?

<edit> Never mind, it's on YouTube. (That episode is, anyway. Not sure about the whole thing.)

<edit²> Bloody hell, what's with people putting up playlists called "Full Season" and only half the season is there?

<edit³> Also, the fuck is this shit?

brat-sampson

Prevents copyright strikes, same as why sometimes you'll find scenes with horizontal flips. I watched the Latino Tim one over lunch, loved it. I'd +1 you if that was still a thing, but yeah, now I'll have to seek out the lot.

Shit Good Nose

I wouldn't say we've never seen it - quite a few of us watched it when it was first on (although I can't remember what the general consensus was - I liked it, and I don't particularly remember anyone being excessively negative about it, but other than that...).

EDIT - didn't realise it had finished ages ago.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 06, 2017, 12:16:50 PM
I wouldn't say we've never seen it - quite a few of us watched it when it was first on (although I can't remember what the general consensus was - I liked it, and I don't particularly remember anyone being excessively negative about it, but other than that...).

EDIT - didn't realise it had finished ages ago.

Most of us liked it a fair bit: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=24935.0 - there was the odd patchy episode but as a whole I really enjoyed it.

SteveDave

I've got 2 series of it on DVD but I don't think it's got the first episode I saw where (for some reason) he takes Debbie to church and she's wearing an arseless dress.

yeah_cheers

Two things that absolutely floored me from this show.

Aimee's father's interview at the sausage factory.
The priest's realisation that Tim has placed his money on women's basketball game: "Dear Lord, what has this fuck face done?".

Leej88

I used to like watching this show, especially for the awkwardness.

C_Larence

Love it. The way Tim softly says "noooo" whenever things are going tits up makes me laugh every time. Favourite bit is probably when he has to pretend to be "latino" and gets up on stage to receive an award, then delivers a thank you speech in broken spanish. "Hola, hola, hola"

Beagle 2

Love this show and I do actually employ the aforementioned Tim tactic of gently saying "no" as undeniable truths are put to me in real life.

Should have run for much longer than it did.

Magnum Valentino

I really need to watch this again. Biggest laugh it ever got from me was for a tiny subtle reaction for Tim where someone essentially brought a troublesome situation in the workplace and he quietly says "what's this?", like he's saying 'what's happening?' rather than 'what is this thing?'.

This is a shit post but a brilliant series. Yes, going to watch it again (as I have ever seen it, as have a rake of people I know).

Liberosis

Really loved this,so we'll written and acted.
So many quotable lines and all brilliantly timed and delivered
Latino Tim/The Priest Is Drunk is one of my favorites
Criminally underrated, hilarious and original.

Ja'moke

I've been rewatching this over the past couple of weeks, still holds up. I also completely forgot about Stan, the perpetually pissed off Omincorp employee, he's only a side character but always hilarious.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 02, 2021, 11:16:33 PM
I also completely forgot about Stan, the perpetually pissed off Omincorp employee, he's only a side character but always hilarious.

The real star of the show is Keith.

Look at him there.  Such a good boy!