Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Great album covers

Started by saltysnacks, June 06, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 30, 2019, 11:45:05 PM

A fantastic EP and a rare example of an LP cover that killed a career stone dead.

Head Gardener

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Danger Man on January 08, 2020, 09:57:37 AM
a rare example of an LP cover that killed a career stone dead.

Load of fucking rubbish. You don't know what you're talking about.

Ferris

purlieu

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 17, 2020, 12:56:56 AM
Honkingly bad, sorry HG.
Yeah, I thought I'd entered the Terrible Album Covers thread by mistake. Looks like someone hand-painted a psydub album cover.

Ferris

BlodwynPig

Corbyn & McDonnell - Their Final Bow

Sinn Fein - The Disco Years

Glebe

Pauline Walnuts

Nurse with Wound's classic Soresucker ep.

Pauline Walnuts

Upgrade & Afterlife by Gastr Del Sol, although I've a feeling someone else used it too...

BlodwynPig

Second Hand's wonderful 'ahead of its time' Death May Be Your Santa Claus, 1971

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

Sometimes you can just tell an album is going to be your cup of tea from the cover.

(I guess looking at it again the detailed description on the front definitely helps too. But I didn't read that before I listened to it!)

Head Gardener

am pottering about taking pictures down to put in storage, this is my copy of Let It Bleed with it's brilliant sleeve that Delia Smith signed for me,
quite possibly the only signed copy in the world as she said no-one had ever asked her to do it before!

The Bumlord

I'm not surprised. Who puts a bike wheel in a cake ffs

Crabwalk

Was just reading about the sleeve for Tom Ze's Todos os Olhos, where he got one past the crushing Brazilian government censors of '73 by putting a green marble on a woman's anus and passing it off as an eye.

Hats off, sir.

Egyptian Feast

I already knew Tom Zé was cool as fuck, but I didn't know about that. Incredible work.

Pauline Walnuts

Unsure if this is terrible, or great, great I think.

lazyhour

lazyhour

Also, that Tom Ze album not only has a brilliant and subversive cover, it's also a fucking brilliant record!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on April 15, 2020, 07:22:43 AM

Unsure if this is terrible, or great, great I think.

Great Censored Film Scenes Of Our Time
#36: Mary Poppins.

Brundle-Fly

Dr Syntax Head

I love all the trail of dead album covers

alan nagsworth

These early Andy Jenkinson covers look exactly like the music sounds. A bit crap and quite amateurish but clearly having loads of fun with it. I hardly ever listen to this old stuff but I have a real soft spot for it because it reminds me of discovering the unbound joys of extremely stoned bedroom music making when I was in my late teens. He has a ridiculous way with words (evident in his song titles as well at that "Exidy Tours" cover) which I find hilarious.

sea moustache   ACID SELLECK
HARDCORE SELLECK