Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best jokes in classic Simpsons.

Started by dead-ced-dead, June 04, 2021, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

I love the whole crippled Irishman:

And basically anything in Homer Goes to College:

JamesTC

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Leej88 on June 04, 2021, 05:40:01 PM
But she has a new hat.

(Wolf whistle) Hey jiggles! Grab a pad and back that beautiful butt in here!

Leej88

Bart getting punched for Homer's actions then the mailman who goes from brown to yellow in the same second.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Leej88 on June 04, 2021, 05:53:02 PM
Bart getting punched for Homer's actions then the mailman who goes from brown to yellow in the same second.

I love animation fuck ups like that. Early Simpsons sometimes has the charm of a b-movie where all the sets wobble.

Leej88

Apu appears yellow when they go over the hill after the Comet has hit.

BJBMK2

Homer Goes To College might be the funniest 22 or so minutes of animation ever. There's not one foot put wrong, even the  throwaway gags are the kind of thing any other show, animated or otherwise would kill for.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: BJBMK2 on June 04, 2021, 06:02:14 PM
Homer Goes To College might be the funniest 22 or so minutes of animation ever. There's not one foot put wrong, even the  throwaway gags are the kind of thing any other show, animated or otherwise would kill for.

It's easily my favourite episode.

"Hellooooooo that sounds like a pig fainting."

JamesTC

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 04, 2021, 05:57:56 PM
I love animation fuck ups like that. Early Simpsons sometimes has the charm of a b-movie where all the sets wobble.

I love how freakishly weird they look on the relatively rare occasions they show the characters head-on.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 04, 2021, 06:04:49 PM
It's easily my favourite episode.

"Hellooooooo that sounds like a pig fainting."

I've never expelled anyone before, but that pig had some powerful friends.

BJBMK2

Sebastian Cobb

Oh, if only we'd listened to that boy, instead of walling him up in the abandoned coke oven.

JamesTC

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 04, 2021, 05:38:34 PM
I love the whole crippled Irishman:

It's the fact that he laughs about it for a whole weekend.

The streetsweeper going down the subway steps in Bart Sells His Soul.

Leej88

Your Bra bomb better work nerdlinger

dead-ced-dead

It's also got some of the funniest, most fluid animation:

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 04, 2021, 06:15:17 PM

The streetsweeper going down the subway steps in Bart Sells His Soul.

I love that it's a triple-layered joke where every bit works:

Bart can't read a map - Chuckle worthy
The streetsweeper runs over Bart's bike and it looks shiny and new only for it to immediately break - Funnier
The streetsweeper driver cackling maniacally - Even funnier
Falling down the subway - Surrealist masterpiece of comedy.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 04, 2021, 06:06:26 PM
I love how freakishly weird they look on the relatively rare occasions they show the characters head-on.

i love that

JamesTC

The Mollusk

The "Prank?" bit above is one of my all time faves, it's such a fucking hilarious full stop on a situation you think couldn't get any more calamitous.

I think maybe the best bit of wordplay in the show is when Homer is teaching a marriage success class:

"What is a wedding? Webster's defines it as the process of removing weeds from one's garden."

That's classic goofball Homer shit there. Just a basic error of oversight that results in a simple but marvellous throwaway line.

BJBMK2

"Mr Hutz, this verdict is written on a cocktail napkin. And it still says guilty. And guilty is spelt wrong."

I love the little glimpses into the bizarre, off camera lives of Springfield. Such as the above scene, followed by "Next case, the National Council of Churches vs Lionel Hutz". "Oh right, that thing". What did Lionel do to piss off all major religions? How did that event come about?

Or in Homer vs Apu, "Yeesh, that sounds worse then that album Grandpa recorded". No Family Guy-esque cutaway, your imagation is left to do the work of what on earth that could possibly be like, which makes it a thousand times better. For an animated show, which can theoretically depict anything, budget be damned, they were so good at knowing when to show restraint, and leave things to the imagation.

Sebastian Cobb

DrGreggles

Quote from: Marge Simpson
Your father can be surprisingly sensitive. Remember when I giggled at his Sherlock Holmes hat? He sulked for a week and then closed his detective agency.

The Mollusk

Quote from: BJBMK2 on June 04, 2021, 06:29:42 PM
I love the little glimpses into the bizarre, off camera lives of Springfield.

The peanut factory manager going off on one about his daily training routine to prepare against a rampaging elephant is the best example of this.

BJBMK2

It feels almost redundant to quote Steamed Hams, but it's amazing how the original scene, despite being memed into the void, has lost none of it's original power and brilliance.

The little noise Chalmers makes just as Skinners climbing out of the window. "AAH-hmmm"

DrGreggles

Quote from: Lionel Hutz
Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog.

Quote from: Marge Simpson
You did?

Quote from: Lionel Hutz
Well, replace the word "kinda" with the word "repeatedly," and the word "dog" with "son."

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 04, 2021, 06:43:39 PM
The peanut factory manager going off on one about his daily training routine to prepare against a rampaging elephant is the best example of this.

I love that gag so much.