Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:39:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best jokes in classic Simpsons.

Started by dead-ced-dead, June 04, 2021, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

^ That's got a really great throwaway cut scene bit that comes afterwards, Homer's imaginary amusement park made up of old shite.

Milhouse: It smelly funny in there.

Homer: No it doesn't!

retsuza

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 05, 2021, 01:08:35 AM
Mr. Burns handling Homer's loan from the nuclear plant credit union so that he can buy Lisa a pony.

"Now, are you familiar with our state's strict usury laws?"

"You-zur-ee?"

"Oh, silly me! I must have just made up a word that doesn't exist. ...Now, sign here, and the money will be yours..." (maniacal laughter) "Sorry, I was just thinking of something funny Smithers did this morning."

"I didn't do anything funny, sir."

"Shut. Up."

Reminds me of Mr. Burns in hysterics, "now what was I laughing about again? Ah yes, that crippled Irishman"

As an Irish person this is one of my favourite Irish jokes on the show, along with Milhouse "watch out Itchy, he's Irish!"

Kankurette

The Mollusk

"SEEEeexxxx! What's so unappealing about hearing your old man talk about seeeex? I had seeexxx."

chveik

it sure was a funny little series.

The Crumb

The increasingly absurd tour of Flanders' rebuilt house

Homer's attempts to insult Ned

The Mollusk

Fuckin absolutely love the scene with the two fighter pilots, where the onboard system mistakes Willie for an Iraqi fighter jet and the missiles they fire off end up swerving back and blowing up their own planes. As they're parachuting down they have an argument:

Pilot 1: This is what happens when you cut money out of the military and put it into health care!

Pilot 2: It's a good program! Just give it a chance, that's all I ask!

Both their parachutes tear apart and they fall and land in a bush, emerging in a fist fight.

Pauline Walnuts

I've had that sugar pile scene stuck in my head for the last week, 'In America, first we get de Sugar...' to the

Sebastian Cobb

It's the noise the whale makes that gets me every time.

mikeyg27

Pauline Walnuts

BJBMK2

They used to love blowing things up arbitarially in the Classic years, it never stopped being funny. The best example being the bus in the Pta Disbands episode.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BJBMK2 on June 05, 2021, 02:21:50 PM
They used to love blowing things up arbitarially in the Classic years, it never stopped being funny. The best example being the bus in the Pta Disbands episode.

"I just made my last payment!"

BJBMK2

When attempting to save Springfield from the impending comet:

The Perverted Arts would make a great fansite name.

JamesTC

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 05, 2021, 01:14:27 PM
Fuckin absolutely love the scene with the two fighter pilots, where the onboard system mistakes Willie for an Iraqi fighter jet and the missiles they fire off end up swerving back and blowing up their own planes. As they're parachuting down they have an argument:

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 05, 2021, 02:21:36 PM

Don Mattingly manages the Marlins these days and still gets people yelling at him to trim his sideburns.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 05, 2021, 03:33:28 PM
Don Mattingly manages the Marlins these days and still gets people yelling at him to trim his sideburns.

Ha!

Apparently Marge Versus the Monorail did a fair bit of damage to the Monorail industry, something Greoning issued a sort of non-apology for:
QuoteIt was first shown in 1993, but became so popular with fans that it's been blamed for the fact single-railed trains aren't always taken as seriously as their double-railed cousins.

"You're up off the ground and you're above traffic. Monorails are great," Matt says.

"So it makes me sad, but at the same time if something's going to happen in The Simpsons, it's going to go wrong, right?"

DrGreggles

"You have selected POWER DRIVE."

"Would you like to play again? You have selected NO."

JamesTC

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 05, 2021, 04:15:06 PM
Hey, that looks like Princess Di!
I love how this can be read two different ways:

1) Princess Di is such a mess that she looks like a pile of rags

2) Barney's so pissed up that he mistakes a pile of rags for Princess Di

JamesTC

Leej88

I think your taking advantage of my generous offer.
Shut up

markburgle

Homer in the back of Chief Wiggum's car hearing a description of the fugitive they're tailing. The fugitive is Marge, but Homer fails to clock this and pictures a hideous monster with blue hair, red pearls and green dress. Then says "Heh heh. What a freak!"

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 05, 2021, 11:13:37 AM
^ That's got a really great throwaway cut scene bit that comes afterwards, Homer's imaginary amusement park made up of old shite.

Milhouse: It smelly funny in there.

Homer: No it doesn't!

I love that bit. Not least because the idea that even in Homer's imagination, the park is still shit and kids are complaining. I'm sure that was a running theme but can't think of other examples off the top of my head. I could probably do with a full rewatch of the season 1-9 box sets I have...