Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Feel Good Series 2

Started by Largely Babble, June 11, 2021, 12:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: thundarrshirt on June 16, 2021, 03:27:50 PM
he's actually pretty well-rounded as a character?

no one in the real world talks like that, and you could say for the majority of the secondary characters. they chose to make a broad sitcom, a soap opera and a dramatized autobiography at the same time and it doesn't work.

olliebean

He was deliberately telling Mae to do stuff that he knew George would hate, in the hope of breaking them up so that George would rebound onto him. If that doesn't make him a creep I don't know what does.

Quote from: chveik on June 16, 2021, 04:34:50 PM
a broad sitcom
Not even close. How does "lesbian drug addict stand up tries to deal with
Spoiler alert
child abuse
[close]
" have a broad appeal? You're not going to see it at 8pm on a Sunday on BBC1.

chveik

Quote from: Largely Babble on June 16, 2021, 05:13:08 PM
Not even close. How does "lesbian drug addict stand up tries to deal with
Spoiler alert
child abuse
[close]
" have a broad appeal? You're not going to see it at 8pm on a Sunday on BBC1.

not really what i meant, there are elements of a broad sitcom like jokes about piss and farts

paruses

I thought the general shape of the characters fitted in pretty well with something that's based loosely around elements of a standup's life filtered through routines.

Anthony Head has a nice turn in it and made me laugh a few times. Glad that him looking an absolute wreck in Motherland S3 was down to 6 hours in makeup to play the part rather than him having aged terribly in the last two years.

Fambo Number Mive

Just discovered this on Netflix. Two main characters are very likeable and funny, always like comedy about comedians as well.

Captain Z

Just watched all of S1 on All4 before realising that S2 is only on Netfux. Anywhere else where I might be able to 'obtain' it?