Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:34:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Matthew Perry - Could I BE any more drowned at the age of 54?

Started by Rizla, October 29, 2023, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

good times

Did "The One With Chandler in a Box" ever get suggested as a better thread title by the way?

Fun fact, about ten years ago there was a band called Sex Hands from Manchester who had a song called Chandler in a Box.

Icehaven

Quote from: good times on January 23, 2024, 12:16:08 PMFun fact, about ten years ago there was a band called Sex Hands from Manchester who had a song called Chandler in a Box.

Was this their album cover?

Twilkes

I'm surprised the spoof episode The One Where Chandler Died hasn't been posted yet, although it is a little long.

Been watching a lot of episodes recently, could there BE a stronger mainstream sitcom cast?

madhair60

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Still can't believe we lost bloke from Friends last year.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Twilkes on January 23, 2024, 08:09:43 PMBeen watching a lot of episodes recently, could there BE a stronger mainstream sitcom cast?
Seinfeld, Frasier, Parks and Recreation, Taxi, 30 Rock, Cheers, M*A*S*H

kalowski

Icehaven

Just started the book, and bloody hell Lisa Kudrow's foreword and then literally the first three sentences of the book are so bitterly ironic, she says how she's glad he's here, which is then immediately followed by him saying he should be dead, so to take the book as message from beyond. Ooof.

markburgle

It's very hard-going. The further irony is that - taken in isolation - it reads like a book written too soon. He didn't have enough distance from all the horrible shit he went through to write about it in an engaging, balanced way. Even the attempts at self-deprecation come off like self-pity. 

Icehaven

Quote from: markburgle on February 22, 2024, 01:01:17 PMIt's very hard-going. The further irony is that - taken in isolation - it reads like a book written too soon. He didn't have enough distance from all the horrible shit he went through to write about it in an engaging, balanced way. 

And it's quite possible that even if he'd lived decades longer he still never would have done, although granted that's with the 20/20 of hindsight knowing he actually died so shortly after it was published.

ObsoleteFormat92

Weirdly a copy of his book turned up randomly on my front garden wall on 25th October, 3 days before he died. I took a pic but can't upload it here, really freaked me out when he died

phantom_power

Quick, put a copy of Tough Crowd on your front garden wall

Icehaven

I've nearly finished reading it now and there's a bit near the end where he describes how he would go to house viewings and steal prescription medication from the bathroom cabinets, then speculates if the homeowners ever noticed some of their pills were missing whether they'd even entertain the idea that Chandler took them. If they read the papers then yes, they probably would. 

ObsoleteFormat92

Quote from: phantom_power on March 04, 2024, 01:03:37 PMQuick, put a copy of Tough Crowd on your front garden wall
If I can source one without any money/metrics going to that creep then I might well try it. I like the idea of my wall having this much power

phantom_power

Just buy the book by Andi Osho of the same name and hope that the supernatural power within your wall has the same attention to detail as its target