Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:28:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would I Lie To You? (Series 17)

Started by The Lurker, December 15, 2023, 02:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggles

Quote from: neveragain on February 24, 2024, 09:38:53 PMYeah, I also thought that. Lee probably got him.

By the way, does anyone know the joke that got cut?
Quote from: Captain Z on February 24, 2024, 09:00:44 PMNo, I got the impression that nobody except perhaps Rob was tuned to his persona and they found him a bit weird. I'm also sure he wouldn't have minded that at all.

I suspect none of them really had a clue who he was, other than "award winning stand-up comedian". I think it was filmed just after they taped Taskmaster, so it was great work by his management to get him on as such an unknown quantity.

It's obvious that they are all appropriately baffled by him - he deliberately creates uncertainty - but I do think you can see the moment when David and Will at least fall in love with him a bit. He's like one of those cats that you long to stroke but are uncertain if they'll randomly bite you.

I would be surprised if he doesn't become a regular while he is living in the UK, almost everything he ever says is utterly implausible.

GazzoftheGreen

My wife is unsure about whether he's funny or it's the way people react to him that makes her laugh. But he's had me creased up in everything I've seen him in so far. He was the best thing about the latest episode.

Papercut

I'm guessing the cut bit was probably something about Charles' sausage fingers, relating to the stuck ring story at the start.

"Joshua Tree" really made me laugh, as did asking whether being a popstar was "a real rollercoaster".

Agree with the idea that only Rob knew what they were in for at the start, all the more entertaining for it. David was charmed by the end of it, but I suspect the other guests were still not entirely sure how to take it.

Clearly what we need is Sam and Bob Mortimer on opposing teams.

GazzoftheGreen

Quote from: Papercut on February 25, 2024, 02:04:49 AMClearly what we need is Sam and Bob Mortimer on opposing teams.

Oh, what potential an episode like this could have.