Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CONFESS! WHAT HAVE YOU NEVR SEEN?

Started by Dr Rock, December 24, 2023, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Ive never seen Home Alone, any Lethal Weapons, any Bruce Lee films, or Citizen Kane even.

Have you never seen Die Hard? Jaws The Shark? Taxi Driver? You get the picture. Confess your omissions here.

Small Man Big Horse

I just counted and I've only seen 198 of the IMDB Top 250, but out of those Das Boot and The Deer Hunter are the only ones I can't explain and really must get round to watching soon.

Glebe

BeardFaceMan

I've never been a fan of Mafia stuff so I've never seen any of The Godfather fillums, despite lots of people insisting they're alright.

Sonny_Jim

another Mr. Lizard

LA DOLCE VITA.

I did finally get to a screening of it at my local arthouse a couple of years back, settled down for three hours of primo Fellini - only to find that the audio wasn't working in the cinema. The few folk making up the audience stayed seated for about twenty minutes while we were assured that the projectionist was attempting to fix the problem. But no dice, and refunds all round was the outcome. It's a film I really would prefer to see theatrically, so I suppose I'll have to wait for the next Fellini revival/season.

Another 'must' that I've never caught yet is the ironically-named-in-the-circumstances COME AND SEE.

And ELF. I've never seen ELF.

selectivememory

Never have watched, and almost certainly never will watch a comic book film.

edit: I mean, there's so much I haven't seen nor have much interest in seeing... none of the modern Bond films, none of the modern Star Wars, the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Basically I'm just not that into big blockbuster action movies, with one or two exceptions.

I also realised recently that I very rarely enjoy horror films all that much, in spite of how well-made they are etc. So probably loads of those that I'll never get around to seeing.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on December 24, 2023, 10:55:51 PMLA DOLCE VITA.

I did finally get to a screening of it at my local arthouse a couple of years back, settled down for three hours of primo Fellini - only to find that the audio wasn't working in the cinema. The few folk making up the audience stayed seated for about twenty minutes while we were assured that the projectionist was attempting to fix the problem. But no dice, and refunds all round was the outcome. It's a film I really would prefer to see theatrically, so I suppose I'll have to wait for the next Fellini revival/season.

Another 'must' that I've never caught yet is the ironically-named-in-the-circumstances COME AND SEE.

And ELF. I've never seen ELF.

We watched ELF for the first time yesterday.

Meh.

Have no inclination to watch any of the Fast N' Furious fillums.

Shaxberd

Never seen a Clint Eastwood film, a Charlie Chaplin film or any of the famous gangster films.

Oh wait, I tell a lie, I have seen one movie with Eastwood in - Every Which Way But Loose. Maybe if the Dollars trilogy had an orangutan in, I might have got around to them already.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Shaxberd on December 24, 2023, 11:05:53 PMMaybe if the Dollars trilogy had an orangutan in, I might have got around to them already.
There are plenty of other apes in them.

Sonny_Jim

My penis from a standing position ever since I passed 40

Gurke and Hare

Blumf

The Exorcist (1973) I mean to watch it, but never get around to it.

On the other hand, any of the Mission Impossible films, which I refuse to watch out of petty stubbornness and a general dislike of Simon Pegg.

Toki

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 24, 2023, 10:51:05 PMI've never been a fan of Mafia stuff so I've never seen any of The Godfather fillums, despite lots of people insisting they're alright.

Same, and for the same reason. At least half of Scorsese's catalogue I'm not arsed by because I just don't want to watch mafia gunk. Also the Sopranos, which is apparently the greatest TV show ever made.

I've never seen The Exorcist either. Just not bothered.

I've seen everything else mentioned in this thread, but I had to cheat with Sonny_Jim's.

Edit - I forgot, I've only seen the Mission Impossible one (boring) and the Mission Impossible three (boring).

And now to get on with delivering the presents.

Cloud

Honestly, probably most famous movies. 

Godfather? Hmm one day
Inception? Nah I only know to do the -ception thing to describe something inside something else inside something else or whatever.

Anything black and white

I tried to watch 2001 and fell asleep.  Literally.  Maybe I was genuinely too tired to appreciate it but my lingering thought was "how is this so revered, it's the slowest, weirdest, most boring thing I've sat through for years".  But to be fair, as it put me to sleep, I was unconscious for maybe half of it.   

thenoise

Taxi Driver, since you mentioned it. I'm sure it's great and all. I do find that grim depressing looking films tend to make their way to the back of my watchlist nowadays. I used to be all about the grim, grimmer the better.

Streaming has led me to finally cut down many of my never seens. I had never seen Jaws either until year before last, put it on Prime. It was fine. Probably would have scared me a lot if I was a child. Matrix too. Yeah, it's fine. What I expected.

Red82

Das Boot is great for the person that was wondering. I saw it for the first time this year.

I haven't seen anything by Kurosawa or Tarkovsky yet.  Will try and get around to them this coming year.

turnstyle

Despite being the prime audience when it came out, I have never seen E.T.

Not arsed mate, cigs.

Papa Wheelie

Quote from: Red82 on December 25, 2023, 07:06:11 AMI haven't seen anything by Kurosawa or Tarkovsky yet.  Will try and get around to them this coming year.

Tarkovsky is a bit you need to be in the mood, bit cold and existential for me but KUROSAWA.

Almost all of his big films are incredible romps, pure entertainment if you just want to switch off your brain. And when you go back and rewatch them with a more analytical eye, you'll be like m8888888888888!

Boxing Day marathon: Yojimbo, High and Low, The Hidden Fortress, Seven Samurai, Ikiru. Best day ever.

dontpaintyourteeth

I've never seen any Jean Rollin Rollin Rollin What

Dr Rock

We're talking blockbusters that have been on telly loads, that 95%of people have seen, like PULP Fiction, that you managed to miss, not flaming Kurosawa.

George White

Top Gun, to the point I'm probably deliberately avoiding it.
I have seen the first 3 Iron Eagles.

The Pink Panther films with Peter Sellers.  What do you reckon to them if you've seen them?

Papa Wheelie

My apologies, in my mind Kurosawa is a bigger gap than most of these names but I understand.

For me, it's all Marvel films, all new Star Wars and all Christopher Nolan besides the Batman films. I just know these films are bad.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Shaxberd

Yeah, I haven't seen a Christopher Nolan film more recent than whichever Batman one had Heath Ledger's Joker in. Whatever he's doing works for a lot of people but I find his stuff overlong and turgid.

On a festive note, I've never been able to see The Sound of Music all the way through. I've seen bits, and it's charming and all that, but it would benefit from being shorter.

BlodwynPig

Home Alone
Marvel film
Reservoir Dugs
Any film made in last 7 years

Jockice

Quote from: turnstyle on December 25, 2023, 08:33:15 AMDespite being the prime audience when it came out, I have never seen E.T.

Not arsed mate, cigs.

First thing that came to mind for me. Also Close Encounters or any non-Daniel Craig Bond film. I've seen two of those but only because (two different) people wouldn't believe me when I said I'd never been interested in Bond and practically dragged me into the cinema to watch them. They were okay for what they were but I wouldn't go out of my way to see another.

There are several others - in fact most of them - on this list I have either never seen or  if I have have totally forgotten them. I did see Top Gun twice in the same week in different cities though. Not that I liked it, it was just a strange set of circumstances.

Red82

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 25, 2023, 09:48:06 AMWe're talking blockbusters that have been on telly loads, that 95%of people have seen, like PULP Fiction, that you managed to miss, not flaming Kurosawa.

kalowski

Quote from: George White on December 25, 2023, 09:53:58 AMTop Gun, to the point I'm probably deliberately avoiding it.
I have seen the first 3 Iron Eagles.
I've also not seen Top Gun. And I don't want to.