Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Keith Office dead

Started by Utter Shit, February 21, 2024, 09:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
R.I.P.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 21, 2024, 12:41:58 PMHis appraisal scene made him an antihero and role model to me.

It's pretty much how I've engaged with any bullshit process since.

"I thought that you filled that in" is one of those quotes/line deliveries that rattles around in my head on a regular basis

Paul Calf

I know someone who had a brief fling with him and she said he was an exceptionally nasty bastard.

Keebleman

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 22, 2024, 01:34:45 AMWhy don't you check? It's on youtube.

I had a look and the scene I remember shooting doesn't seem to be there, but I pop up in a bit I have no recollection of filming!  But it's so bloody awful I couldn't watch it right through.  Beware the film where the most professional aspect is the production company ident!

Geoffrey

Was wondering why he was trending on Google then read the news. Very sorry to hear this, listened to him in recent years on podcasts about The Office and really enjoyed hearing his stories and experience.

He'd done other work but always seemed happy to talk about Big Keith and The Office to fans. Rest in peace Mr Macintosh.

madhair60

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 22, 2024, 12:46:15 PMI know someone who had a brief fling with him and she said he was an exceptionally nasty bastard.

in that case I am glad he's dead.

prelektric

Oh, that's a shame. He was a funny bloke.

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 21, 2024, 09:39:40 PMBack when I used to do people's appraisals, I used to kick that time of the year off by emailing everyone the clip of that on YouTube. Unbeatable. Cheers Ewen, I'll probably remember you the whole of my working life.

I also used to conduct other's appraisals and hated it. That scene in The Office was brilliant.

"Under 'Strengths', you've put 'Accounts'" - His sheer nonchalance after this was spot on.

dr beat

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 22, 2024, 12:46:15 PMI know someone who had a brief fling with him and she said he was an exceptionally nasty bastard.

Classy

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: prelektric on February 22, 2024, 07:23:58 PM"Under 'Strengths', you've put 'Accounts'" - His sheer nonchalance after this was spot on.

I had something like this where some bellend refused some objective for the upcoming year because it was in my 'terms of reference'.

They even went on to explain what a SMART objective was while I silently wished one of us would die so it would stop.

I was taken aback because up until then I had bosses who'd just smirk and go 'ok' when I've written project demands prevented me from going to a lunchtime seminar for the whole year.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 21, 2024, 04:23:03 PMis this the scene where he finishes that quote by biting into a scotch egg?  absolutely perfect

Wasn't it this scene?

It's both, the raising of the scotch egg is like a Keith mic drop.

thenoise

Jesus, was that a fresh scotched egg each time?

tdurbo

Better use of a scotch egg than Coogan managed in IAP1

Catalogue Trousers

He also turned up as a Celebrity Bungalow Head on Dick And Dom In Da Bungalow. Where Rachel Stevens behaved like a snotty little diva and stormed off at the first sight of Creamy Muck Muck, Keith played along and enjoyed it like a boss.

All the best, Keith.

popcorn

Quote from: thenoise on February 23, 2024, 02:58:40 PMJesus, was that a fresh scotched egg each time?

QuoteAfter a string of "takes", MacIntosh would have to reuse the eggs – "turning them around to hide the bites," he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/21/ewen-macintosh-obituary

neveragain

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on February 23, 2024, 10:29:41 PMCreamy Muck Muck

I've no idea what this means and want to leave it that way.

thr0b

Quote from: neveragain on February 27, 2024, 11:01:41 AMI've no idea what this means and want to leave it that way.

He got creamy muck muck and dirty Norris in his face.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Captain Z on February 27, 2024, 11:25:17 AMPedantic, I know, but surely he wouldn't have had to turn them around to hide the bites.

I was thinking that, too. Surely turning it around would reveal the bite, not hide it. Surely you can only take one big chomp out of a scotch egg otherwise it will resemble an apple that's been bitten to the core.

Twilkes

It's maybe more that at the start of the take he had to turn the used egg to ensure the bite wasn't seen, whereas with a fresh Scotch egg he could let it orientate however it wished.

I'm just remembering now that whenever I've finished eating something and people ask me how it was, I always say "S'alright".

Uncle TechTip

Just spit it out after the take. No need to sit there swallowing Scotch egg all the while.

Menu

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on February 27, 2024, 10:43:10 PMJust spit it out after the take. No need to sit there swallowing Scotch egg all the while.

Lovely end to the thread that.

TommyTurnips

"I very tenderly explain to them that I will guarantee them at least one orgasm" *bites scotch egg*.

Glebe

gotmilk

Quote from: Twilkes on February 28, 2024, 10:36:20 AMHe did a Just Eat ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUghN3FliZs

Wow, the makers of the advert really misjudged MacIntosh's strengths. His talent lies in dry understatement, not hammy facial expressions and line-readings. How did that ending even make the edit?

George White

Quote from: thr0b on February 27, 2024, 11:21:17 AMHe got creamy muck muck and dirty Norris in his face.
That is literally what I know him from most.