Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:55:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Lewis dead

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, February 28, 2024, 08:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memorex MP3

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 29, 2024, 07:33:23 AMSo funny in Curb. Love that "turnips and blood" scene. I also love how furious he is with Larry for getting a job in a car dealership. You can tell they're old, close friends more than anyone else on Curb I think. Something about the way they really go for each other.
Found that bit in the recent episode where they were arguing who'd die first a bit awkward, with how venomous they could be you'd half expect Lewis looking like he was already dead to be open for attack

Proactive

I think this is my favourite scene with Richard and LD, especially the line about Galileo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-V8u551jZA

wrec

Quote from: TheMonk on February 29, 2024, 11:11:03 AMHe's taken it down now but I am glad I learned of this on Twitter with Ringo Starr posting a nice message about Richard Lewis then accidentally linking to a video to a friend apologising for deleting a message and talking about his brunch. Fitting somehow.
(Ringo's post is gone but someone has posted the video he put under his tribute:)
https://x.com/buttsechs1/status/1762969668619276548?s=46&t=2ZtgUt4oVsUcE0MT8HUMow

Saw this yesterday and it confused the hell out of me, it's like a recursive sequence of boomer tech confusion

Blue Jam

Amazing photo. It's RL's Christmas jumper and LD's smug expression that make it.

Mr Faineant

Lewis has always been a highlight of curb for me. Some really fantastic lines, as many have recalled already. Pat Buchanan's gym partner, I'm not the Kremlin, turnips and blood, Galileo, etc. lovely stuff.

In 2011 I went to see him perform at this weird rich person yacht club in Tampa, FL. It was such a fantastic and unique experience, in a weird setting. I recorded it and thought I'd lost it, but the person I went with sent it to me today. I listened to it, it was really funny, just all over the place random ramblings.

Poor old Richard, he was one of the greats.