Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Drop Dead Thread 2009

Started by Tokyo Sexwhale, December 31, 2008, 10:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill 'em all and let God sort it out?

I strongly agree
0 (0%)
I agree
1 (5.6%)
I disagree
1 (5.6%)
I strongly disagree
0 (0%)
Brucie?
0 (0%)
Brucie!
4 (22.2%)
Brucie.
8 (44.4%)
Chris Evans
2 (11.1%)
No.
1 (5.6%)
ban em all
1 (5.6%)
only if I get first dibs on Maggie's freshly expired corpse
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Tokyo Sexwhale

There's an extra second in 2008, which gives Brucie just that little longer to cling to this mortal coil.  This thread prepares us for either eventuality.

Predictions for the forthcoming year:

If his 12-year old son's expert diagnosis is right, then Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne could be a surprise casualty.

I'm now convinced that Amy Whitehouse will live to a ripe-old age, but someone will do away with Blake Fielder-Civil.

Maggie Thatcher as the hopeful punt, and of course, Barack Obama as the banker.

biggytitbo

I predict I'll die in 2009, probably either of annoyance or baldness.

I wanted to start this thread you cunt.

My prediction is that Tokyo Sexwhale will die in 2009 if he comes to a meet at which I'm present.

Still Not George

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 31, 2008, 10:59:32 PM
I predict I'll die in 2009, probably either of annoyance or baldness.
Nah, They will blatantly get you first. My Rothschild/Bilderberg masters told me so.

I predict Forsyth will die on the 12th of a month. Not sure which one.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Come into the chatroom and say that to my text!

You too biggy, it's New Year!

Tokyo Sexwhale

It's alright - you can do the New Year prediction thread instead!

biggytitbo

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on December 31, 2008, 11:17:40 PM
Come into the chatroom and say that to my text!

You too biggy, it's New Year!

I don't know what the chat room is. And I'm off to bed, I'm taking advantage of my window of opportunity.

Brucewatch - hour 0, 2009

Bruce is still alive

Tokyo Sexwhale

It may take some time for it to be reported.

Braintree

I reckon Rod Blagojevich will kill himself this year based on lots of "Dying to prove my innocence" "I will fight this to my DEATH" comments he made a press conference so expect a live Budd Dwyer style suicide.

I also think John Williams will die as he is a old but I need more time to make my Death Wish List 2009.

sproggy

I predict Shoulders!Stomach? will die in a horrific bed-sit fire thanks to his chip-pan being spiked with lighter fluid and an old thesaurus by some oinky working class chavs.

ziggy starbucks

2009 will be a freak year. Only one person in the whole world will die this year. That person will be....

Spoiler alert
bruce forsyth
[close]

morgs

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Rupert Murdoch

My outside bet would be Tom Baker, as all my childhood heroes seem to have snuffed it recently.  I hope I am wrong on this one, forever...

Quote from: Still Not George on December 31, 2008, 11:16:20 PMI predict Forsyth will die on the 12th of a month. Not sure which one.

If it's March, that'll be my birthday and I'd feel uber-guilty I'd made it happen somehow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: sproggy on January 01, 2009, 01:48:09 AM
I predict Shoulders!Stomach? will die in a horrific bed-sit fire thanks to his chip-pan being spiked with lighter fluid and an old thesaurus by some oinky working class chavs.

fixed

Braintree

The man who wrote No Woman No Cry has died but he might have died yesterday so *wavy hand*

Howj Begg

Well i guess i'll dog the man in this thread too: Elliot Carter.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Anti-apartheid campaigner, Helen Suzman is the first official famousish person to meet Reaper 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7807070.stm

Emma Raducanu

She was an absolute legend and I for one will miss her, every day.

VegaLA

Quote from: morgs on January 01, 2009, 02:03:35 AM

My outside bet would be Tom Baker, as all my childhood heroes seem to have snuffed it recently.  I hope I am wrong on this one, forever...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Yeah fingers crossed your'e wrong on this too. Besides he needs to make an appearance on Who before he passes. Hartnell died the following year after his last performance as the Doctor on BBC TV as did Troughton. Pertwee hung in there for three years after his last BBC TV showing as The Doctor so I predict Baker will be around for four years after his last BBC TV appearance as the Doctor.

morgs

Well Vega, I was working on the basis that :

Hartnell died in the 70s
Troughton in the 80s
Pertwee in the 90s

No dead Doctors yet this decade... and they seem to be going in order, so far.  I REALLY hope this doesn't come to pass for years to come - Baker is such an entertaining eccentric that we deserve to see more of him.  I'd love to see him back in his 'spiritual home' at least once, even as a different character. 

biggytitbo

Quote from: morgs on January 01, 2009, 06:59:41 PM
Well Vega, I was working on the basis that :

Hartnell died in the 70s
Troughton in the 80s
Pertwee in the 90s

No dead Doctors yet this decade... and they seem to be going in order, so far.  I REALLY hope this doesn't come to pass for years to come - Baker is such an entertaining eccentric that we deserve to see more of him.  I'd love to see him back in his 'spiritual home' at least once, even as a different character. 

On his recent Have I got News For you appearance he looked full of beans to say the least. He's got years left in him yet! He'll probably outlive the other Baker anyway, whose 65 and really fat. You don't get many fat old men...

morgs

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 01, 2009, 07:03:02 PM
On his recent Have I got News For you appearance he looked full of beans to say the least. He's got years left in him yet! He'll probably outlive the other Baker anyway, whose 65 and really fat. You don't get many fat old men...

Good point.  I am not sure there will quite as many tears if THE Colin Baker was to pass on.

Cerys

Ah, crap.  Sylvester McCoy's going to cark it unexpectedly in April.

biggytitbo

Tom is 74
Col is 65
Sylv is 65
Pete is 57
Paul is 49
Eccles is 44

Lets face it, since Tom is immortal, Col's as good as dead.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Patrick Swayze will genuinely die, since he's got pancreatic cancer.  At least he's had the time of his life.

Still Not George

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 01, 2009, 07:03:02 PM
On his recent Have I got News For you appearance he looked full of beans to say the least. He's got years left in him yet!
I dunno. Tom Baker's the kind of old guy who remains sprightly and full of beans right up until the heart attack gets him or whatever. Which could be any time, really.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: trotsky assortment on January 01, 2009, 10:42:23 AMIf it's March, that'll be my birthday and I'd feel uber-guilty I'd made it happen somehow.

If it's October it'll be my birthday and I will celebrate as I usually do, with CHAMPAGNE FOR MY REAL FRIENDS REAL PAIN FOR MY SHAM FRIENDS.

boki

Quote from: Suttonpubcrawl on January 02, 2009, 01:44:01 AM
If it's October it'll be my birthday and I will celebrate as I usually do, with CANS OF TENNENTS FUCKING SUPER.

fxt.