Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the word I'm looking for

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, October 13, 2009, 11:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: An tSaoi on October 15, 2009, 02:03:28 PM
That was relevant to the thread because you mentioned "tedious 4chan shit".

I don't see the difference, really.  You were asking me to justify decisions I'd made long before you even signed up, and which I couldn't even fully remember the reasoning behind anymore.  Which is fine, but it seems a bit odd of you to be defensive about YOUR choices being brought up in other threads.  I can empathise, though.

QuoteI get defensive of people mentioning me in every fucking poll, mangling my username and now starting threads about things I've said and suddenly I'm the bad guy.

Your obvious annoyance perpetuates some of that, and I don't think much of it is intended to be malicious.  Also, it's seemingly what you were after a while back...

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 18, 2009, 03:03:49 PM
I know. But I'd be somewhat amused and maybe even flattered if "An tSaoi makes another shit post" became as popular as "[banned troll] mentions the Goodies", "Del Boy falls through the bar" or "Frank Spencer rollerskates through _____". I'd be a mini-legend.

An tSaoi

I was young(er) and foolish(er) then.

The 4chan thing was my annoyance at you tolerating one type of 4chan memetics, and not another type. And that was more a moderation issue than an issue with your personal opinion.

ziggy starbucks

ant soil, please stop moaning all the time about shit and post up more of your excellent mongs.

and that goes for the rest of you!

You're all holding me back and stopping me from reaching my sexiness potential with lonely ladies looking for life-long love.

Spoiler alert
stop moaning about getting a wife, ziggy
[close]

Spoiler alert
We're all old women nowadays. Remember when we were young? Remember those long lost days? Remember those lost weekends in Blackpool with Deidre and Lil? I do. I was young in those days. So young.
[close]

Pedro_Bear

Contortuplicate contradictional contentiousness consequentially consubstantiates contributions, conceiving controversial conversation.

Conclusion: conscious conceptual concessions concertise convocations.

mook

I agree with ziggy. In fact I nearly always agree with ziggy except when he turns up at my house claiming to be my husband. It was tolerable the first dozen times, but now it's beginning to annoy my girlfriend a tad.

Neil

Quote from: An tSaoi on October 15, 2009, 02:20:00 PM
And that was more a moderation issue than an issue with your personal opinion.

Hehe, I wasn't going to reply to this post at all, but your final edit means I must clarify, even though I realise how unbelievably futile it is.  No, it was you CONFUSING moderation with my personal opinion.  And the distinction is meaningless anyway.  Regardless, the point is that you moan about people bringing things up in other, unrelated threads, but do the same yourself.  Ditto tags.

I suggest you study the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi: "Be the change you want to see in the world."  Alternatively, stop eating and be assassinated before you slowly starve yourself to death.

hpmons

Quote from: mook on October 15, 2009, 02:34:12 PM
I agree with ziggy. In fact I nearly always agree with ziggy except when he turns up at my house claiming to be my husband. It was tolerable the first dozen times, but now it's beginning to annoy my girlfriend a tad.

You know what you need mook? Another girlfriend. 

One that lives...vaguely near you, but not too near.  Say...Eastbourne.

The Widow of Brid

I think we need some kind of montage sequence at this point, with nagsworth as Mr. Miyagi utilising a pair of unlaundered jeans and a broken pint glass to teach Antules to accept and embrace the way of the board and thus find his strength. Then he goes on to win a karate competition against waspy's wife by fingering a dog wearing a Carry on Henry t-shirt or something. I've not really thought that far.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: mook on October 15, 2009, 02:34:12 PM

someone in mook's house is my wife. Its either him, his girlfriend or his dog. I just assumed that Mook would want to do the decent thing by his family. Ensuring their freedom by willingly throwing himself into the life long bonds of a stifling, oppressive marriage with me.

In fact, all 3 mook householders may be my wife. An interesting Ménage à quatre as the french might say!

mook

^ It could have been a Ménage à cinq until recently, but I had the cat put down because, well, it was an annoying ancient deaf cunt of a thing. Mind, it appears mons is up for anything, so you know where I live, just send her my address - when she turns up (me, the missus and the dog will be out) you've just snagged yourself a wife. What can go wrong?

EDIT... Fuck this was meant to be a PM.

thepuffpastryhangman

1 new...un...

Rictony Monoldsoybean - do I not recall an entirely unprovoked, unwarranted, and indeed inaccurate attack by yourself relating to putting words in the mouths of Mitchell and Webb? (I can't easily search/quote/link right now, so should I be wrong I'll alter this post accordingly) And the thread wasn't about you -  "Who are you, Warren Beatty or something?" - twas about a word.

[EDIT - "Fucking hell, Groucho Marx really is in the room!"]

the midnight watch baboon

This thread has put the jaunty tune to the Stone Roses' "What The world's Been Waiting For" ever since its broadcast.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: mook on October 15, 2009, 02:59:23 PM
^ It could have been a Ménage à cinq until recently, but I had the cat put down because, well, it was an annoying ancient deaf cunt of a thing. Mind, it appears mons is up for anything, so you know where I live, just send her my address - when she turns up (me, the missus and the dog will be out) you've just snagged yourself a wife. What can go wrong?

EDIT... Fuck this was meant to be a PM.

Its a brilliant idea. Poor old hpmons would be none the wiser and I'm well capable of living a lie. I'd need to make a few compromises though. First, I'd need to wear crocs all the time even though they look very silly. Second, I'd have to acquire lots of carpentry knowledge. Third, I'd have to develop "workman's hands", calloused and scarred, in order to pull off the illusion. I think I'll just spend a day smashing my hands with a hammer for that one. A chance of marriage would be worth the suffering.

I marry hpmons. She becomes fulfilled having finally found a husband for her to care for. I get my rocks off by deceiving her into thinking I'm an honest man and that our relationship is based on honesty and love. Its a win win situation.

thepuffpastryhangman

Quote from: thepuffpastryhangman on October 15, 2009, 03:02:35 PM
1 new...un...

Rictony Monoldsoybean - do I not recall an entirely unprovoked, unwarranted, and indeed inaccurate attack by yourself relating to putting words in the mouths of Mitchell and Webb? (I can't easily search/quote/link right now, so should I be wrong I'll alter this post accordingly) And the thread wasn't about you -  "Who are you, Warren Beatty or something?" - twas about a word.

[EDIT - "Fucking hell, Groucho Marx really is in the room!"]

An tSaoi - Having tried several key words, I'm unable to find the thing I'm accusing you of. Whether this is because it wasn't you (it was someone else) or I haven't searched in the right place I dunno. Either way I came to edit the quoted post, it appears I arrived too late to do so(I think I've worked out you get ten mkinutes to edit a post without it being classed as an edit, but, (I assumed it was 12 hours for no reason at all) dunno how long you get to edit a post.
Anyway, as Josie says "I tried."

As for the name thing, I seem to recall you being a wee bit precious about your name, and only then (maybe that was relatively early in your extensive posting 'career') did folks start using Tony Soy etc. I've no idea who did it first. Yours is quite an awkward name to pick though.
As for the poll thing( people adding your name(s)) I noticed eluc55 taking exception to that on your behalf, though I assumed people did it because of your omniprescence. ie. people add your name to polls (maybe it's one person I dunno) because if anyone spends five minutes checking the forum without seeing your name something must be up. I personally wondered if you ever sleep/leave the house/you know, do other stuff.
You clearly like it here, and probably don't need reminding you've come to the right place.
But it's not for free.

Suttonpubcrawl

I see that An tSaoi wanted to be a meme and was then uncomfortable with the reality when it happened. I can empathise with you on this An tSaoi, as my experience was similar. I wanted to become a meme, and indeed I did become one and I still am. But like a celebrity dealing with vicious stories in the papers and paparazzi on their doorstep, I was unprepared for the bad side of being a meme. People started saying I wasn't a meme, and then as a result of being a meme people started accusing me of being the BAMLEM tagger. It's ok An tSaoi, I understand your pain, as you can see. I think the posters on this forum who have become memes should form a secret clique forum to discuss the pain of being a meme.

mook

We have - you ain't getting in yet though weird eyes.

hpmons

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on October 15, 2009, 04:20:31 PM
Its a brilliant idea. Poor old hpmons would be none the wiser and I'm well capable of living a lie. I'd need to make a few compromises though. First, I'd need to wear crocs all the time even though they look very silly. Second, I'd have to acquire lots of carpentry knowledge. Third, I'd have to develop "workman's hands", calloused and scarred, in order to pull off the illusion. I think I'll just spend a day smashing my hands with a hammer for that one. A chance of marriage would be worth the suffering.

I marry hpmons. She becomes fulfilled having finally found a husband for her to care for. I get my rocks off by deceiving her into thinking I'm an honest man and that our relationship is based on honesty and love. Its a win win situation.

Surely I've offered my hand in marriage to you before, ziggy? If I haven't: marry me.

Ok, it does mean you won't be deceiving me, but...you can deceive me some other way. You can deceive me in any way you choose.  You can have me every which way and how.

Ambient Sheep

Y'know, the more I've thought about this, the more I'm convinced it would be the perfect match.  ziggy & hpmons ftw!

I'm not even entirely sure whether I'm joking.

rudi

Bloody hell, are we leaving messages in microdots now? Definite signs there's a war coming, right there...

Ginyard

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on October 16, 2009, 10:30:18 AM
Y'know, the more I've thought about this, the more I'm convinced it would be the perfect match.  ziggy & hpmons ftw!

I'm not even entirely sure whether I'm joking.

There is a large degree of YES about it, isn't there? CaB wedding? I want to fling handfulls of confetti. Or maybe m&ms.

rudi

You just want to write a Wedding limerick. Admit it...