Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You've got to think of your future, you're 7 years old!

Started by boxofslice, October 26, 2009, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxofslice

Career advice for seven-year-olds

Good thing? Bad thing? New Labour thing?

What did you want to be when you were 7 and what do you do now? How do they compare?

When I was 7 apart from wanting to be a member of the A-Team and building spaceships in my back garden, I wanted to be a policeman. I now work in insurance.

purlieu

From a young age I wanted to be a magazine editor... hmm.
Or a train driver.

My actual job experience so far is retail management and office temping.  Doesn't seem to be going in quite the right direction...

ThickAndCreamy

Is there any point in future education if it's going to be like this? You won't actually learn anything other than rationality and how to benefit the economy the most in the future.

My secondary schooling experience made me realise just how little you actually learn even if you get all A*s. You can probably do it without even truly thinking in a few years time, just reiterating what teachers have told you over and over again.

Anyway, at 7 I didn't know what I wanted to be as I was 7. Maybe a footballer, although I did have quite the urge to become a lunatic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

At 7 I definitely wanted to be a formula 1 driver. I think that hasn't happened because my parents thought 'hmm 7, bit late really, if he'd asked us two years ago he might have stood a chance'.