Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:08:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mysterious triangles

Started by biggytitbo, December 21, 2009, 12:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

With news of the mysterious triangular shaped UFO hovering over Moscow, it got me wandering, just what are the most mysterious triangles?
Russian News UFO Over Kremlin December 2009

The triangle from Chocky
Scared me as a child, was pretty mysterious

The Bermuda triangle
Boats keep getting lost here, which is very mysterious

Triangle (BBC 1980)

It's a mystery how this ever got commissioned.

rudi

Mine are failed triangles, falling into the 3d impossible to be a real triangle trap:

Wizbit: that dude was fucked up.

The triangle in that "We are a shape!" gang who do that same song and dance routine on kids TV, causing my girlfriend to fly into a rage due to their claims of 2 dimensions when they clearly suffer from depth.

The huge green triangle from the ghastly Quality Street Experimants of the Noughties. A sobering sign of our "I want it all and I want it now!" age.

boxofslice

Bermuda Triangle - Barry Manilow

QuoteBermuda Triangle It makes people disappear
Bermuda Triangle Don't go too near
But she Doesn't see my angle
And she thinks I'm being dumb
So Bermuda Triangle
Here we come!

massive bereavement

It's a fault in Google Earth's weather layer plug-in, surely.

Slaaaaabs

mook

Fuck triangles - uppity half quadrilateral cunts.

Goldentony

Disembodied pubes floating in the ice cold moscow winds. Some kind of western conspiracy. SPY PUBES.

George Oscar Bluth II

The triangle, as in the instrument. I mean, why?

mook

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 21, 2009, 02:05:28 PM
The triangle, as in the instrument. I mean, why?

That isn't even a fucking triangle anyway - it's got a gap in it, it's just a piece of tubular metal bent in such a way as to confuse percussionists and give the musically challenged something to hit. I hate triangles - sneaky bastards.

Gradual Decline

Of course, Jesus was triangular.

massive bereavement

PAGATRON

massive bereavement

If they come to your town, do this and they won't hurt you.....

Saucer51

Seriously though, why the frenzy in the Press? Everyone who isn't in denial knows it's bloody aircraft built on earth. It's probably the Ruskies version of a Stealth Bomber. The day it morphs into the shape of an ice cream cone and zooms off at twice the speed of light, then I might start peeing myself with paranoid fear.

Klaatu barada nikto my ass.

Could the makers of Dairylea be flashing a giant cheesy triangle in the sky for a publicity stunt?

purlieu

biggytitbo

The top ones slightly concave isnt it?

biggytitbo

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 21, 2009, 07:16:33 PM
The top ones slightly concave isnt it?

Yes - it's not really a triangle, as the gradient of the red is 3/8 whilst ther dark green is 2/5.

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 21, 2009, 12:06:11 PMTriangle (BBC 1980)
It's a mystery how this ever got commissioned.

Yeah, go on, recite the safety-in-numbers playing-to-the-gallery field-removed received opinion. At least it didn't have Simon Pegg or Ricky Gervias in it. The only thing wrong is it wasn't filmed in a trad studio set that opened directly on to the North Sea.

purlieu

biggytitbo

I have every episode of Triangle on betamax*, it was tedious shite.

*lie, although at least I've seen it.

purlieu

chand

Quote from: Saucer51 on December 21, 2009, 07:02:49 PM
Seriously though, why the frenzy in the Press? Everyone who isn't in denial knows it's bloody aircraft built on earth.

I'm pretty sure the video is just a fake; there are only two video clips of it, both from unidentified amateurs, despite the apparently "mile-wide" UFO hovering over a major capital city with a population of 10m people for several hours, day and night. It wasn't even reported to police. Witness the absolute avalanche of videos of a genuine event like the Norway failed missile launch, where there were hundreds of videos and pictures up within hours despite being a far less populated area, and compare it to that.

Cerys

Geraint