Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Bernard Cribbin's Birthday Today!

Started by Serge, December 29, 2009, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Also mine, which is how I know this fact. I also share my birthday with Jon Voight and Marianne Faithfull. Slightly embarrassingly, I was born on the exact same day as Aled Jones, which isn't something to shout about.

But sharing a birthday with the mighty Cribbins is something that cheers me up. I'm extremely glad that he's having something of a renaissance these days, largely down to 'Doctor Who' (which, as it's my favourite programme, makes it even better for me!), but also, quite frankly stealing the show on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' a couple of weeks ago. Not bad for an eighty-one year old.

So, use this thread to either tell us who you share a birthday with, or to eulogise the Cribbins.

mook

Well done on the Cribben's birthday matchup. I apparently share mine with Julius Caesar whoever the fuck he was.

Saucer51

Quote from: mook on December 29, 2009, 10:59:44 AM
Well done on the Cribben's birthday matchup. I apparently share mine with Julius Caesar whoever the fuck he was.

Whenever you have a drink of water, you're drinking some of his atoms. Julius, not Bernard.

boxofslice

'RIGHT SAID FRED' - BERNARD CRIBBINS 1960s Animated Video

Happy Birthday Mr Cribbins!  A great deal of my childhood viewing was caught up with the great man.

mook

23 Daves

I share my birthday with Amy Winehouse, Morten Harket out of A-Ha, John Power out of Cast and John Smith the ex-leader of the Labour Party.  If this proves anything, it proves that horoscopes are complete rubbish, unless any of you good people can spot any common links in the above.

rjd2

Frank Lampard, Juliette Lewis, Prince William, the lead singer of The Killers and David Morrissey all share my birthday, lucky fuckers.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Serge on December 29, 2009, 10:07:53 AMI'm extremely glad that he's having something of a renaissance these days, largely down to 'Doctor Who' (which, as it's my favourite programme, makes it even better for me!), but also, quite frankly stealing the show on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' a couple of weeks ago. Not bad for an eighty-one year old.

I've got nothing much to add to this, he's ace. Everyone bloody loved that cafe scene didn't they?

Looks like I share my birthday with James Gandolfini. Someone from In The Loop seems pretty fitting. Greta bloody Garbo less so.

An tSaoi

I share my birthday with Zac Cack Efron, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Martina Navrátilová, the black guy from Terminator 2, Howard Shore, Peter Boyle, George C. Scott, Klaus Kinski, Chuck Berry and best of all, Lee Harvey Oswald. Beat that.

The BBC was founded on my birthday, Hitler ordered the establishment of a German national militia, and the Soviets invaded Czechoslovakia. Interesting.

Jemble Fred

My birthday is D-Day, and the first day that The Beatles ever set foot in Abbey Road. That'll do me.

Now for a slap up feed at Pete & Bernie's Philosophy Steakhouse.

joeyzaza

These people have all drawn inspiration from sharing a birthday with me.

23 Daves

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 29, 2009, 01:01:01 PM

Looks like I share my birthday with James Gandolfini. Someone from In The Loop seems pretty fitting. Greta bloody Garbo less so.

I would love to share my birthday with somebody like Greta Garbo, purely for the sheer ridiculousness of it.  It's better than the motley crew I have representing my special day at present.

John Smith does represent a certain something in my personality, though - he never really pissed anyone off, because he never really let anybody down, because he was never really given the chance to...

Roy*Mallard

Quote from: joeyzaza on December 29, 2009, 02:07:01 PM
These people have all drawn inspiration from sharing a birthday with me.

Why's that guy - left hand side, middle block - banging himself over the head with a large toblerone?

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Jemble Fred on December 29, 2009, 01:39:34 PM
My birthday is D-Day, and the first day that The Beatles ever set foot in Abbey Road. That'll do me.

Slim pickings birthday-wise though – Mike Gatting, Robert Englund and Levi Stubbs. But then there's me.

Blue Jam

Quote from: 23 Daves on December 29, 2009, 02:13:30 PM
I would love to share my birthday with somebody like Greta Garbo, purely for the sheer ridiculousness of it.  It's better than the motley crew I have representing my special day at present.

"Greta bloody Garbo" was a Pete and Dud quote...

mook

Blue Jam

Ooops, looks like an aggressive ellipsis doesn't it? Would a ";)" have worked better there?

Oh, and happy birthday Serge. How very rude of me not to have said it before.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: joeyzaza on December 29, 2009, 02:07:01 PMThese people have all drawn inspiration from sharing a birthday with me.

The one in the middle of the top row looks naked without his sunglasses and guitar combo.

Melody Lee

Happy Birthday Serge & The Cribbins!

People who share my B-day - Mary Shelley, Cameron Diaz, Ernest Rutherford, John Peel and R. Crumb.

(And many more who either aren't particularly well known (I assume) or don't mean that much to me).

The Duck Man

Quote from: Roy*Mallard on December 29, 2009, 02:19:00 PM
Why's that guy - left hand side, middle block - banging himself over the head with a large toblerone?
Steve Waugh. That's his brother Mark next door.

Michael Foot, Charles Harrelson (murderer father of Woody), Myra Hindley, David Essex, Monica Lewinsky, Daniel Radcliffe. On the plus side: Raymond Chandler, Graham Gooch, Woody Harrelson.

hoverdonkey

Holy dull:
Shola Ameobi, Ledley King, Robin Askwith, Les Dennis, Angela Rippon, Rick Parfitt

What a dreadful list

Serge

Quote from: mook on December 29, 2009, 10:59:44 AM
Well done on the Cribben's birthday matchup.

Well, I didn't really have much to do with it, my mum put in all the hard work on making sure I had the same birthday, obviously.

Apparently, he hates it if you spell it 'Cribbens' - just a heads up in case you should ever need to spell his name in front of him!

Thanks to those who wished me a happy birthday, too. My first day back at work after christmas, though to be honest, birthdays aren't that big a deal to me. Other than celebrating The Cribbins, of course.

Gradual Decline

Thrillingly, I share my date of birth with the Buckfield twins. Yes, those towering giants of British acting, one of whom had it off with Dec from Ant and Dec.

I have no idea what the other Buckfield gets up to.

Oh yes, and happy birthday Bernard & Serge.

ziggy starbucks

the musical mavericks Keith Moon and Bobby G from Bucks Fizz

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Bruce Willis and the war in Afghanistan.

Also: Urusula Andress, Tommy Cooper, Patrick McGoohan, and not one but TWO major Nazis (Speer and Eichmann).

Cerys

Ginger Joe

I LOVE HIM ID FUCK HIS FACEHOLE AND WRECK THE BUTT

Tokyo Sexwhale

Terry Wogan
Martin Sheen
Ossie Ardiles
James Hetfield
Evangeline Lilly
John Landis
Tom Brady
John C McGinley