Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stella Street

Started by Stevie81, February 14, 2014, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otisberg

Oh no, the Devil's Dandruff. Five hundred pounds of nose candy in the god-damn Bex Bissel.

Otisberg

Al Pacino: I'm a great fan of Ikea furniture. Had I not been the greatest actor in the world, I think I would have been the greatest carpenter.

Stevie81

LOL! Great stuff.

Al - Awound the wagged wock, the wagged rascal
Jimmy - No, its around the WRWWRWAGGED WRWROCK

Jimmy - Now, getting to the point, without beating...around the bush.

Dirk - It's cologne, you cockney cow.

Famous Mortimer

Thanks to our very own Jackson K Pollock (and some kind Youtube uploader) enjoy season 4 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQGva6HnXhc&feature=youtu.be

Stevie81

Quite hard to enjoy season 4, it's not up to the standard of seasons 1&2, plus only 6 episodes?

Ignatius_S

This was annouced a while ago and is getting nigh now:

QuoteStars Over Stella Street
Comedy - 4 Apr

at Komedia Bath

A night celebrating the cult comedy TV series

Starring Phil Cornwell and John Sessions

Cult TV comedy, Stella Street is set to make a return as part of the Bath Comedy Festival. Creator Peter Richardson (of Comic Strip fame) will present highlights from the BBC comedy, followed by a rare stage appearance of two of the show's favourite characters performed by character comedy legends Phil Cornwell and John Sessions.

Stella Street is a cult British television comedy programme, originally screened in four series on BBC Two between 1997 and 2001. Taking the form of a mockumentary filmed on a camcorder, based on the fantastical premise that a group of British and American celebrities have all decided to move into Stella Street in Surbiton. The shows characters played by Cornwell and Sessions included Micheal Caine, Robert De Nero and Marlon Brando with a corner store run by Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood.

The show at Komedia Bath on the 4th April will run for 90mins and include a producers introduction and Best of Stella Street film followed by Phil Cornwell and John Session performing live as characters from the TV series

Running time - 95mins in two parts:

Part 1 - Producers introduction and Best of Stella Street film - 65 mins

Part 2 - Phil Cornwell and John Session in character – 30 mins
http://www.komedia.co.uk/bath/

Stevie81

Done their research clearly. Mick Jagger and RONNIE WOOD?

De Niro was never done either

It's a bit late for me to go to this now, but it sounds great

lauraxsynthesis

Hi Stella Street fans, I'm doing a project to rectify the fact that the internet isn't full of gifs and memes of this awesome programme. There's this:
https://twitter.com/StellaStreetGif
And I'm uploading gifs to Tenor so they are available in the Twitter gif library. Series 1 and 2 gif examples here: https://tenor.com/search/stella-street-gifs

Feel free to take the bases and adapt.

robhug

I request a gif of Bowie practising his stand up "im not saying she's fat but she answer the door from the kitchen"

Blumf

Jackson K Pollock

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 20, 2022, 11:40:33 AMHi Stella Street fans, I'm doing a project to rectify the fact that the internet isn't full of gifs and memes of this awesome programme. There's this:
https://twitter.com/StellaStreetGif
And I'm uploading gifs to Tenor so they are available in the Twitter gif library. Series 1 and 2 gif examples here: https://tenor.com/search/stella-street-gifs

Feel free to take the bases and adapt.

Proud to be your first twitter follower!

Not entirely sure how/where/why to use GIFs to be honest, but it'll be nice to see a few SS clips popping up on my timeline.

I was thinking just yesterday how Stella Street continues to be a huge subconscious influence on my life - in fact me and my 3 year old boy say "Well alright!" to each other in a Mick Jagger style pretty much everyday, so if you were able to capture that moment in GIF-form at some point, that would be beautiful.

Famous Mortimer

The one where Sessions wants a cake, and says a line that involves "shit-cake-fuck", please (my memory is bad)

Yussef Dent

In anger I sometimes shout out John Hurt's "Oh Johnny FUCKING Walker, I'm off down the pub."

"Where's our Lemsip I said where's our Lemsip? We want our Lemsip and we want it NOOOOOOOW!"

"It's the distribuderrrerrr!"

Rizla

This is a good idea. I don't know how to do a gifs though. These would be good though -

Anthony Hopkins - "yer fucking mad, Alec"
John Lennon - "remember when we came in here and told them they were fucking crap"
Dustin Hoffman going "aoww god, aow no" about the asteroid
Jack going "Jesus Fucking Christ" about the asteroid
Des Lynam "I can take you to paradise, for a price". In fact every line of Des's.
"The sausage brigade" - that's bound to have been done though.

I love SS so much. Just the other week I obtained the movie, which they seem to have done their best to bury. It's fascinating, such a spectacular misfire on all levels, all that effort, why did they do it? I want to talk about it with someone.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 20, 2022, 02:42:30 PMThe one where Sessions wants a cake, and says a line that involves "shit-cake-fuck", please (my memory is bad)

Here ya go - did that one last night as it happens

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Yussef Dent on January 20, 2022, 02:57:45 PMIn anger I sometimes shout out John Hurt's "Oh Johnny FUCKING Walker, I'm off down the pub."

"Where's our Lemsip I said where's our Lemsip? We want our Lemsip and we want it NOOOOOOOW!"

"It's the distribuderrrerrr!"

Yep, that's one of my faves!

lauraxsynthesis

If anyone else wants a go, there are probably more efficient methods but here's what I've been doing:

I do a screen record on Youtube, use this site to make a gif: https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif then add the captions at http://www.gifntext.com/

markburgle

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 20, 2022, 08:53:00 PMHere ya go - did that one last night as it happens

That was my favourite moment. It's in response to Jimmy Hill asking to borrow a cake nozzle from Al Pacino. I once quoted this bit drunkenly to a bunch of people who rewarded me with blank stares, the cunts

Harry Badger

This is brilliant, and I can't believe it's not been done before.

Bowie - during the Monopoly game - "It's just the way things are, Joe"

Michael Caine - after the house party "They've got a term for that down the hospital. ALCOHOLIC POISONING"

Jimmy Hill - after his house is raided for 'cannabis' "Fuck you copper. Fuck you copper. Wank-wank-wank"

Famous Mortimer

It was an oft-repeated phrase among my friend group too, although it's been a while, as I didn't remember it very well.

non capisco

Jack Nicholson peering over his shades saying "I can't believe he tipped mange touuuuut all over her."

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I loved this when it was on. My best friend and I used to write it back and forth at each other, like a prototype version of meme culture. Yeah, we were cool.

Joe Pesci's mum: "You are a loser. L E W S A H!"

No quote to go with it, but Mrs Huggett excitedly watching Joe beat up a debt collector always stuck in my memory.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Harry Badger on January 20, 2022, 10:39:45 PMThis is brilliant, and I can't believe it's not been done before.

Bowie - during the Monopoly game - "It's just the way things are, Joe"

Michael Caine - after the house party "They've got a term for that down the hospital. ALCOHOLIC POISONING"

Jimmy Hill - after his house is raided for 'cannabis' "Fuck you copper. Fuck you copper. Wank-wank-wank"

Oh yes I will DEFINITELY do that Jimmy Hill one. Ace

Mobius

Excellent work! Those gifs are much better quality than when I watched this online many years ago, I think on Youtube.... is there somewhere official to watch Stella Street?

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Rizla on January 20, 2022, 05:38:28 PMI love SS so much. Just the other week I obtained the movie, which they seem to have done their best to bury. It's fascinating, such a spectacular misfire on all levels, all that effort, why did they do it? I want to talk about it with someone.

I'm up for that though I'd have to bring myself to watch it again :/

Why are Richardson's feature films so ropey?

wrec

My Bowie knowledge was patchy when I saw it, so I had to look up whether White Suited & Booted was a real song.

Not very giffable, but a small bit that somehow stuck with me: everyone watching EastEnders, Brando having missed the results of Peggy's cousin's yoghurt allergy test, Dustin Hoffman assuring him it was negative, "he can eat the yoghurt".

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 21, 2022, 09:42:39 PMI'm up for that though I'd have to bring myself to watch it again :/

Why are Richardson's feature films so ropey?

He's rubbish at story structure and isn't great with dialogue. He's good for an interesting, entertaining premise, but isn't often able to sculpt it into a satisfactory shape.

Stella Street works so well because it's essentially a sketch show built around Cornwell & Sessions strengths as improvisers, where any story ideas are only very loose. The brevity of the episodes also helps.

Vitamin C

Quote from: Mobius on January 20, 2022, 11:44:04 PMis there somewhere official to watch Stella Street?

I want to know this too. It seems like no. But why?

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Mobius on January 20, 2022, 11:44:04 PMis there somewhere official to watch Stella Street?

It's not currently on iPlayer, Netflix or Prime. They're all on Youtube though. And recently repeated on London Live which is a channel on Freeview, at least if you live in London!

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: wrec on January 21, 2022, 09:52:53 PMeveryone watching EastEnders,

God I loved that scene. And the Mitchell Brothers bits.