Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:45:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

I googled "Danbury Mint", purveyors of fine tat.

Their website has evoked a deep, existential sadness and ennui that I cant really describe. I got this profound sense of being old and lonely and trying desperately to buy "heirlooms". Perhaps via this porcelain statue of Yankees struggling third baseman and utility outfield Miguel Andujar, my grandkids will remember me.

Ferris

Fucking hell they've got some good shit if you keep scrolling.

50 quid well spent.

Edit: the description is unexpectedly very funny:

Quote- Michelle Obama's friendly and confident image has been re-created by top-flight artisans and sculpted in the style of classic Greek masterpieces.
- An incredibly lifelike showpiece capturing all of Michelle Obama's warmth and charm.
- Crafted of cold cast porcelain and finished with a stately bronze patina.

Ferris

Just noticed there's one of Barack too. They're also the only "bronzed" statues available, so draw your own conclusions.

JamesTC

Quote from: Ferris on July 05, 2022, 03:44:52 PM

Scrolling down quickly before reading, I thought this might be Marlene.

peteprodge

Freddie Mercury bear

Quote from: Danbury MintActual size of bear is 11" (27cm) standing.

© 2022 Mercury Songs Limited. Under license to Bravado Merchandising. All rights reserved.

Sorry that this is a little off-topic, but I think it's only the Del Boy and Rodney bears they do for OFAH fans. No sign of yer Grandad, Denzil or Mental Mickey Maguire.

Ferris

That description is pure Partridge:

QuoteIt's one of the most famous rock images of all time... Freddie Mercury stands centre stage, dressed in a yellow jacket and white trousers, with his arm in the air and the crowd in the palm of his hand. The tour was simply called "Magic" and didn't we all know it.

Many of Steiff 's most memorable creations have honoured real people. And now they pay tribute to perhaps the most charismatic and dynamic performer that the world has ever seen.

He's hand-made from the finest mohair – one of the most beautiful and sustainable natural fibres in the world. The very essence of Freddie has been brilliantly captured in teddy bear form – from his trademark chevron moustache to his iconic stage costume.

Of course, his outfit has been crafted with the same care and attention as Freddie himself. Just look at his famous yellow military-style jacket complete with the exquisite buckle detailing of the original, and his smart white trousers finished with the distinctive red and gold stripes down each leg.

Available exclusively from Danbury Mint, Freddie Mercury is being issued in a strict limited edition – only 5,000 bears can ever be made. Considering the singer's iconic status across the globe – this is an incredibly small edition and forever ensures this bear's permanent rarity as a collector's item.

Actual size of bear is 11" (27cm) standing.

Video Game Fan 2000

Rodney bear looks like its seeing its own death

Ferris

Are UK passports actually blue these days? I thought that was a daft election promise.

Glebe

Captain Z

If you go down to Margate today
Beware of the stereo
If you go down to Margate today
It might make your bus explode
For every Trotter that ever was
Is gathered there for certain because
Today's the day the jolly bears have their outing

Fambo Number Mive

The permanent expression of alarm and surprise on Rodney Bear must be a bit disconcerting surely.

I wonder how many people have bought Del and/or Rodney bears.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Ferris on July 05, 2022, 04:41:33 PMAre UK passports actually blue these days? I thought that was a daft election promise.
They're very very dark blue that actually looks black. But changing the colour from evil euro-burgundy was one of the first things Boris did.

idunnosomename

Quote from: peteprodge on July 05, 2022, 03:25:13 PMBloody hell, they've done Rodney as well.
guffawed for nearly a minute straight when I saw that, for some reason. Possibly the utter absurdity of literally anyone wanting to own that

JamesTC

QuoteAvailable exclusively from Danbury Mint, Rodney is being issued in a strict limited edition – only 3,000 bears can ever be made.

There is something I find so amusing about the assertion that only 3,000 Rodney bears "can ever be made."

idunnosomename

They break the mold after 3000. And also pull out the designer's eyes.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JamesTC on July 06, 2022, 06:18:18 PMThere is something I find so amusing about the assertion that only 3,000 Rodney bears "can ever be made."

ITS JUST SCIENCE

Video Game Fan 2000

if scientists ever synthesize plonkonium your Rodney bear is WORTHLESS

Shaky

At 3,000 Rodney Bears Lyndhurst finds out, storms the factory and shuts the whole operation down.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 07, 2022, 02:35:46 AMif scientists ever synthesize plonkonium your Rodney bear is WORTHLESS

DANBURY MINT LEAKED BUISNESS PLAN:

Use dall-e to produce an infinite variety of unique rod-bears

Build a community on discord sharing rodneys, with their own currency, RODNEYCOIN (PLONK)

Maybe see if Ron Pember wants to get involved?

idunnosomename

QuoteOnly Fools And Horses Sculpture David Jason and Roger Lloyd Pack recreating the most loved comedy scene ever from Only Fools and Horses

Hand made and cast and hand painted resin sculpture of the iconic scene from Yuppy Love, voted the funniest scene ever.

Floor and wall are assembled already Del just goes into the wall with a glass rod the bar is freestanding and it goes alongside.
Trigger goes next to Del and is angled slightly so he can't see Del fall over

Del is approx 11" and trigger is 12"
Del tilts as much as you want him to

These are custom made and can take up to 6 weeks

Please ask about delivery as we may have some in stock.

Dispatched via courier

Any questions please ask

£420

5 available

2 sold

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144196338484

SIMPKINS: Mr. Danbury, sir, we've had 7,000 orders for the Rodney bears. This is unprecedented!

DANBURY: I thought I made myself very clear, Simpkins. There can only be 3,000 Rodney bears. No more, no less."

SIMPKINS: But that's almost a million pounds in extra profit. We'd be stupid not t-eurrrrgh!"

DANBURY: *wiping blood from dagger* I'm sorry Simpkins, but you had to go and be a wally didn't you? A dipstick. A plonker. Don't meddle with thing you don't understand. Janice, can you get Mr. Sullivan's people on the phone. Tell them the situation is dealt with. 3,000. No more. No less.

Fambo Number Mive

Releated sponsored items include the bust of a serial killer

For £240 you can have Del Boy falling through the bar without Trigger. If you click on his profile he's selling some rather unPC OFAH badges, replica props, a playing card (ace) signed by John Challis and lots of other OFAH items.

JamesTC

QuoteDel tilts as much as you want him to

More. More! MORE! No that's too much.

Fucking hell @ those badges. Quite enjoyed the item description though:

only fools and horses badge set.

A set of only fools and horses badges

idunnosomename

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 07, 2022, 10:40:26 AMFucking hell @ those badges. Quite enjoyed the item description though:

only fools and horses badge set.

A set of only fools and horses badges

hahah jesus christ i wasnt expecting that

I think those are official robertson's jam merch from before the PC brigade came along.

At least I hope so. Better than there being a continuing underground of making golliwog pins. Imagine. Rick and Morty. Ratatouille. Stranger Things.

JamesTC

JamesTC

A signed copy of The Twelve Dels of Christmas. £49.99

EDIT: Tried to write The Twelve Dels of Christmas but I gave up after "And a photo of Patrick Murray"

bomb_dog

Glebe