Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The CaB Album - Ha Ha Tape 4

Started by the, September 18, 2019, 06:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

In case some readers of Oscillations have steered clear of the long-running project thread:

Ha Ha Tape 4 - a collaborative album made by CaBbers - has now been released, and can be downloaded for free from Bandcamp:

https://cookdandbombdcollective.bandcamp.com

Two years in the making, 16 tracks, using the silent film Aelita: Queen Of Mars as a source of inspiration. We hope you enjoy it.

The album can be listened to and downloaded for nowt, but if you do decide to name a price for your download, that will go towards the hosting costs of CaB Radio and/or CaB.

The previous 3½ collaborative CaB albums are also still available from the Bandcamp page.

NoSleep

P.S. We don't mind if you grab the album for free and make a contribution to Cook'd and Bomb'd directly as that means more money gets to Barry (as Paypal as well as Bandcamp take their cut).

NoSleep

Once I've juggled with it a bit there will be a version of the film uploaded (to youtube, probably) with a soundtrack comprised exclusively of music from the album. We watched the rough cut last Sunday and it's already quite good fun; more of an extended music video than a film with a soundtrack.

boki

Just a quickie to say that I'm loving the album so far, but have only really had it on whilst traipsing about, so I'll add more thoughts once I've given it a proper listen.

NoSleep

greencalx

I'm loving it too. I'm always mightily impressed by the production values of these albums, and also how well they hang together despite the tracks being produced more or less in isolation. This one really does feel like a soundtrack album (and a bloody good one at that).

The cat liked Beagle's number.

hummingofevil

Hey. Just listened through to the whole record and you are some talented cunts. Bravo. Have to confess that Falafel  smashed it once again but absolutely adore the vibe of Fragment/ Swich Licour and the full on blast of The Empire.  Just absolutely beautiful stuff. But everyone else is at least ace. Bravo.

Dr Syntax Head

No sleep you are a star for doing this. Great work from everyone you bunch of talented bastards

Dr Syntax Head

Man there is some fantastic work here. Other Mirror is a favourite so far

NoSleep

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on September 22, 2019, 12:51:39 PM
Other Mirror is a favourite so far

That's jonnycuba's track "Mystery of Mars"; nice David Axelrod feel. You may recall that you sent him an m4a demo of your track back at the beginning of this project. Jonny still had a copy and forwarded it to me, which is how it came to be on the album.