Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

May 27, 2022, 02:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

The Alexei Sayle Podcast

Started by Endicott, December 01, 2020, 09:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought Elton showed some self-awareness in his Saturday Live compering days but that disappeared as soon as soon as he got his own BBC show.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on December 15, 2021, 12:58:05 PMI thought Elton showed some self-awareness in his Saturday Live compering days but that disappeared as soon as soon as he got his own BBC show.

No it didn't.

dissolute ocelot

I kind of feel the more self-aware Elton got the less funny he was. Much better ranting at 900 words a minute and writing nonsense than when he was going on about farties or decided he was going to be part of the classic British tradition of mainstream sitcoms.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

The latest episode is a nice rambly chat with Diane Morgan. Alexei is a fan. Quite right too, she's a naturally funny person.

Plus there's a CaB-friendly comment during Alexei's intro (obviously recorded while Morgan wasn't present), where he lists some of her TV credits: "After Life, a show I have never seen and will never watch."

Which might sound a bit arsey when you're introducing a guest, but it's mitigated by the fact that he obviously really likes some of the other stuff she's done. And Morgan was just a jobbing actor on After Life; it's a pointed dig at Gervais, not at her. Anyway, it made me laugh.

olliebean

A bit disappointed with her asking him a Herring question ("Have you ever seen a ghost?"), and then rehashing some stuff about being a gas that must be material as I've heard it before - but otherwise a decent listen.

Pink Gregory

Diane Morgan is the source of one of my favourite podcast moments - being interviewed by Adam Buxton and, during a lull in the conversation blurting out "WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SMELL?"

Johnny Yesno

A new episode went up on 6th May:

Mighty Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crMSW5S2O3U

I definitely prefer the episodes with more Talal, of which this is one. The stuff about 24 Hours in A&E is really interesting.

Pink Gregory

I like Talal a lot as a co host, he contributes more than just being a facilitator for Alexei's stories and it only does good.