Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,479
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minor 6 Music Shake-Up

Started by Sebastian Cobb, April 03, 2021, 02:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

DJ Maddie Draclea must be bricking it right now

Sebastian Cobb

I see 6 music are still doing fawning Bowie grief. Like someone with a dead parent who can never quite make it through the acceptance stage.

Afrodeutsche seems to have calmed down a bit now and is pretty good sitting in for Jamz. Played a decent Roxanne Shante track earlier.

greencalx

I've caught Afrodeutsche a couple of times recently, and quite liked it.

We've been reduced to Crematorium Steve with dinner a few times recently, as Radio 3 inflicted Words and Music on us, the most deathly programme on British radio. Yes, even more so than Crem Steve.

good times

The "People's Playlist" shite on Lauren Laverne has basically ruined 6music in the morning, I don't know who all these nutters are texting/ringing in (although to be honest, you probably have to be a bit mad to ask a radio show to play a song in 2022 when you could have it up on youtube in under than a second) but the station for an hour or something is like a shit mash up of Kiss FM and Radio 2.

edit: just remembered I said largely the same a few weeks ago, need to get over it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 08, 2022, 02:48:07 PMI see 6 music are still doing fawning Bowie grief. Like someone with a dead parent who can never quite make it through the acceptance stage.

How long has Peel been dead? And they're only just over that.

gilbertharding

Quote from: good times on January 13, 2022, 09:24:28 AMmad to ask a radio show to play a song in 2022 when you could have it up on youtube in under than a second

How would your friends and acquaintances (assuming they also listen to 6 Music) know that you were bopping round your kitchen to New Order if you did that?

shiftwork2

Regarding 6 Music bopping around the kitchen, I always thought you had to be a teacher marinading a curry during the Funk And Soul Show and that you had to do it 'like a loon'?

Have I been going wrong?

the science eel

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 13, 2022, 11:02:30 AMRegarding 6 Music bopping around the kitchen, I always thought you had to be a teacher marinading a curry during the Funk And Soul Show and that you had to do it 'like a loon'?

oh fuck that's me exactly

you've depressed me thoroughly

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 13, 2022, 11:02:30 AMRegarding 6 Music bopping around the kitchen, I always thought you had to be a teacher marinading a curry during the Funk And Soul Show and that you had to do it 'like a loon'?

Have I been going wrong?

Craig Charles and Tom Robinson's #nowplaying shows appear to be the favourites. But then they are both weekend teatime shows.

amateur

Quote from: good times on January 13, 2022, 09:24:28 AMThe "People's Playlist" shite on Lauren Laverne has basically ruined 6music in the morning, I don't know who all these nutters are texting/ringing in (although to be honest, you probably have to be a bit mad to ask a radio show to play a song in 2022 when you could have it up on youtube in under than a second) but the station for an hour or something is like a shit mash up of Kiss FM and Radio 2.

edit: just remembered I said largely the same a few weeks ago, need to get over it.

It was good today. Loads of 90s remixes including Andrew Weatherall's remix of Soon by MBV. Seven minutes!

Quote from: amateur on January 13, 2022, 12:46:22 PMIt was good today. Loads of 90s remixes including Andrew Weatherall's remix of Soon by MBV. Seven minutes!
That would have had me bopping round the kitchen grinning like a loon.

amateur

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on January 13, 2022, 04:24:25 PMThat would have had me bopping round the kitchen grinning like a loon.

It is, as the kids say, "a certified bop".

Sebastian Cobb

Does anyone else find it amusing when Charles does his Spinage au Trois feature and almost instantly loses all interest in everything the caller has to say?

Jockice

Quote from: What Doth Life? on January 07, 2022, 10:43:07 AMA lovely few weeks where I thought it was Liz Kershaw who died and not Janice Long, ruined :(

I really did tell someone that Liz Kershaw had died before realising my error. Bloody northern female DJs with famous brothers, they're all the same.

poodlefaker

I always imagine those people bopping round the kitchens while making thai curry to the Craig Charles Sunken Foal Show have just come back from wild swimming in their VW camper vans. #bunting.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2022, 06:32:45 PMDoes anyone else find it amusing when Charles does his Spinage au Trois feature and almost instantly loses all interest in everything the caller has to say?

If I'd ever heard it happen I suppose I would.

I love that whenever he plays a playlist track and says anything about the artist, his disinterested tone betrays that he's blatantly reading it off their Wiki.

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 13, 2022, 10:15:05 PMI always imagine those people bopping round the kitchens while making thai curry to the Craig Charles Sunken Foal Show have just come back from wild swimming in their VW camper vans. #bunting

Over on Radio 2 (at almost exactly the same time) Liza Tarbuck at least takes the piss out of that sort of thing with the running joke that everyone's making spaghetti bolognese.

Quote from: amateur on January 13, 2022, 12:46:22 PMIt was good today. Loads of 90s remixes including Andrew Weatherall's remix of Soon by MBV. Seven minutes!

Agreed, I picked a good day to paint the bathroom like a loon.

Even lamacq was tolerable while I walked to get the kids from school like a loon

poodlefaker

Listening to #6Music while being sectioned under 136, grinning like a loon

Norton Canes

Steve Lamacq's album club album today is Gossip's Standing in the Way of Control. I never heard it before - must admit I thought it was a new studio album, not just ten remixes of Standing in the Way of Control. Nice of them to change some of the lyrics I suppose.

Pauline Walnuts

Garage Rock is known for its experimentation of course.

Hat fondling news time: The last The Gossip album was produced by one of those Xenomania guys, Wonder if it sounds like?

Standing in the Way of Control half heartily produced by someone out of Xenomania.

Chicory

Next week on Lamacq's classic albums: 'The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes' by Babylon Zoo.

Norton Canes

Heads up! It's Songs from the 00's day today!

gilbertharding

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 14, 2022, 09:50:00 AMOver on Radio 2 (at almost exactly the same time) Liza Tarbuck at least takes the piss out of that sort of thing with the running joke that everyone's making spaghetti bolognese.

*squeaking noise*

Does she really get in trouble for pissing about instead of reading the station ident properly?

Kevin Shields is the guest on The First Time With Matt Everett on Sunday at 1300. Should be interesting, I just hope Matt can hold back on the constant sycophantic laughter for once.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 20, 2022, 11:24:52 AMHeads up! It's Songs from the 00's day today!

And today, seemingly. Could someone tell the people at 6 music that Aphex Twin did release more than just Avril 14th in the 2000's.

The Mollusk

Craig Charles plays some seriously piss weak rubbish doesn't he? Can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've heard a seriously deep groove on his shows as opposed to a load of mediocre disco wibble and absolutely wretched nu-swing bile. Christ he played a cover of "Lithium" by Nirvana yesterday that was beyond atrocious.

Every tune it's "YEEEESSSSS QUEEG" from the man. I swear once most people pass 40 the culture bit of their brains rot into mulch and any vague semblance of the halcyon days is lauded as a roaring success. Mate it's just a fucking saxophone and some lads going azooby-zooby-waaoowww. Play some afrobeat for fucks sake.

jimboslice

Craig Charles' time machine feature makes me switch off. Such an obvious, lazy, load of shite that's been done to death by a billion other DJs.

"Can yer guess what year it is?" "Googlin's cheatin!"

sweeper

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 22, 2022, 02:19:57 PMAnd today, seemingly. Could someone tell the people at 6 music that Aphex Twin did release more than just Avril 14th in the 2000's.

Yeah. When o when will 6 music daytime drop Cock/Ver10 or Backdoor.Ranky.S?

Tsk

the science eel

Quote from: jimboslice on January 27, 2022, 09:57:29 AMCraig Charles' time machine feature makes me switch off. Such an obvious, lazy, load of shite that's been done to death by a billion other DJs.

"Can yer guess what year it is?" "Googlin's cheatin!"

Marc Riley stuffs his shows with half-arsed stuff and he's been doing it for a long long time.

I dunno. I suppose they think they can get away with it because they're CHUMMY NORTHERNERS

lazyhour

Marc Riley's quirky segments and conceptual interviews are fucking dreadful. Just play good music and tell us about it! Just interview people properly!

Sake