Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel to tell us about online abuse

Started by Famous Mortimer, August 02, 2021, 05:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I wish they'd genuinely shipped off Sue Lawley to an uninhabited atoll and left her there

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pimhole on January 15, 2022, 11:21:31 AMIf Morwenna Banks would do a sex with me, even just one time, my self-belief would be through the fucking roof.

Yes, I can't help thinking 'Morwenna, what have you unleashed?'

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 14, 2022, 05:57:05 PMbe much better if they were.

Indeed. I don't think anyone here would be complaining if David Baddiel had to spend the rest of his days on a desert island with only his own songs for company.

Quote from: DeathYOU HAVE PERHAPS HEARD THE PHRASE THAT HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE? IN TIME, YOU WILL LEARN THAT IT IS WRONG.

ProvanFan

Quote from: Ray Travez on January 14, 2022, 05:15:46 PMReminds me of this exchange between Frankie Boyle and his son

-Daddy, what's your favourite thing in the whole world?

-why, of course it's you, son!

-for me it's sausages

Baddiel had a similar bit to this in his stand up. "Sausages" being his eventual answer to a woman in bed repeatedly saying "tell me what you like".

I remember another moment in that set where he'd mentioned Michael Jackson then said "speaking of Michael Jackson, there's a rapper called Ice T..." and went on to joke about the latter's name. It made six year old me* think there must be some connection between the two, but there's not is there? It's just a lazy link innit?

*Yes, fans, this was from the same video as the Rob Newman Magritte stuff.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ProvanFan on January 15, 2022, 02:42:46 PMI remember another moment in that set where he'd mentioned Michael Jackson then said "speaking of Michael Jackson, there's a rapper called Ice T..." and went on to joke about the latter's name. It made six year old me* think there must be some connection between the two, but there's not is there? It's just a lazy link innit?
Reminds me of Marcus Brigstocke's pretty awful routine about drum and bass pirate radio.

robhug

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on January 15, 2022, 07:04:38 AMHe's a true renaissance man. Actor, comedian, singer  songwriter, glasses-microwaver. The man can do it all.
I bet he's even deluded himself into thinking he's handsome. I've no idea where he gets his self belief from

he self belief cost his parents about 6 grand a term. they certainly got their moneys worth.

somersetchris

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on January 15, 2022, 01:17:52 PMThat reminds me - Nick Hornby chose an iPod as his luxury item when he went on the show 2003. Had to explain to Sue Lawley what it was.

That was 20 fucking years ago, if it was 2003 i-pods had only been around for about a year. I'm relatively tech friendly and got my first MP3 player in 2007. In 2003 I might not have known what an i-pod was and I was still in my 20's.

olliebean

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on January 15, 2022, 01:17:52 PMThat reminds me - Nick Hornby chose an iPod as his luxury item when he went on the show 2003. Had to explain to Sue Lawley what it was.

Not exactly in the spirit of the programme, unless he was only planning to put his eight chosen tracks on it and nothing else.

Ferris

Like saying the luxury item you'll take is the UK.

Not exactly inkeeping with the spirit of proceedings.

chveik

Video Game Fan 2000

Instead of going to a desert island, can I go to the Fall (music group) instead?

I promise to only Weekend with Bernies a little bit with Captain Sir Moore's corpse, I won't distract anyone.

Midas

buttgammon

I've just started reading Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor (no, not the mega famous one) and was dismayed to find a blurb from Baddiel praising it on the back. Surely he's never read a book he hasn't written? It's a good thing I liked the first few chapters before seeing that because I'd have binned it otherwise.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Ferris on January 14, 2022, 02:50:25 PMIncluding 2 of his own songs on desert island discs is the most David Baddiel thing I've ever heard.

Three lions playing on a wobbly tape deck as baddiel gulps up water from the sea in great handfuls

kngen

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 15, 2022, 04:28:35 PMReminds me of Marcus Brigstocke's pretty awful routine about drum and bass pirate radio.

I wonder what has enriched British cultural life more – D&B pirate radio or Marcus Brigstocke?

Pink Gregory

You'd think Marcus Brigstocke would be a bit less lame about music considering that he used to be a professional club dancer

gilbertharding

Quote from: Ferris on January 14, 2022, 02:50:25 PMIncluding 2 of his own songs on desert island discs is the most David Baddiel thing I've ever heard.

There was a question about people who'd chosen their own stuff on DID on Only Connect yesterday evening. Even though Baddiel did not feature, thanks to this thread, I managed to get it on the third clue, while the contestants needed all four.

*henman fist*

jobotic

I only tuned in halfway through. I did complete the wall that the Animal Lovers couldn't get though - fancy not knowing the bicycle manufacturers!!! Total Baddiels.

DavidJatt

I suggested (forced) my class to sing 3 lions in the singing competition at school. We lost and so I suffered not only the ignominy of defeat (they sang English country garden (sick and vile) but I suggested it so I felt responsible.

In a way that was the day a lot my dreams, hope and happiness died. To put it bluntly Baddiel ruined my life.

MrsWarboysLover

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 15, 2022, 01:50:21 PMIndeed. I don't think anyone here would be complaining if David Baddiel had to spend the rest of his days on a desert island with only his own songs for company.

Seeing how thick he was on taskmaster, I doubt he would survive long on a desert island. Then again, he obviously has ridiculously good luck in his life to get as far as he has with zero talent, charisma, or intelligence, so maybe crates of fresh food and water would miraculously keep landing on the shore.

robhug

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on January 28, 2022, 07:20:28 AMSeeing how thick he was on taskmaster, I doubt he would survive long on a desert island. Then again, he obviously has ridiculously good luck in his life to get as far as he has with zero talent, charisma, or intelligence, so maybe crates of fresh food and water would miraculously keep landing on the shore.

Come on mate, even he admits he's got great intelligence so you cant throw that one at him.

Sebastian Cobb

I hope the island he ends up stranded on is populated by a tribe of violent cannibals in all honesty.

idunnosomename

David is back to bestow wisdom from the one authority on racism, his book! Well done David. You educate Whoopi Goldberg about racism.

gilbertharding

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 02, 2022, 01:16:27 PMDavid is back to bestow wisdom from the one authority on racism, his book! Well done David. You educate Whoopi Goldberg about racism.

I think she already knows

robhug

I bet dave doubled his appearance fee's a couple of days ago, always one to maximise a revenue stream.

dead-ced-dead

My mum said that I looked like David Baddiel over Christmas. Time to stick her in a home, I think.

robhug

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on February 02, 2022, 01:57:43 PMMy mum said that I looked like David Baddiel over Christmas. Time to stick her in a home, I think.

On his last Bowie podcast he mentioned that there were professional David Baddiel lookalikes to which Tim Hinks rather incredulously said "are there??" to which Dave replied "there must be"

I'm just saying its potentially something to fall back on.

idunnosomename

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on February 02, 2022, 01:57:43 PMMy mum said that I looked like David Baddiel over Christmas. Time to stick her in a home, I think.
david did some bizarre radio four programme couple months ago about sending your senile folks abroad to Thailand or something. Maybe do that