Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Richard Dawson album

Started by Peacock Johnson, September 14, 2021, 01:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://pitchfork.com/news/richard-dawson-and-circle-announce-album-share-new-song-watch/

A collaboration album with Circle (Finnish metal group).

Out on 26 November. The single (in the link above) is great.

AzureSky

Excellent, thanks. 2020 was an amazing piece of work.

Cuellar

Ah good news! Been revisiting Richard Dawson quite a bit recently.

Gregory Torso

Cheers, enjoyed that. Love me a bit of RD. He's playing Sheffield in a couple of months but I can't go :(

Pink Gregory

Really, thoroughly enjoy the band photo there.

Cuellar

selectivememory

gib

loved his early stuff but can't really see how he can come back after the God Delusion

Dusty Substance

Don't get him at all.

The video for Jogging clogged up my Facebook feed when it was released a couple of years back but to me it just sounded like a rip-off of the drumming from Running Up That Hill, with the lyrics being sung like some improv Radio 4 panel show.

The Mollusk

selectivememory

This is out now, Dawsonheads. Need to give it a proper listen later on, but very much enjoyed what I heard of it earlier when I had it on in the background.

Chicory

He's a nice guy and I liked 'Jogging' a lot.  I just wish he sounded a bit less like a calf that's been set on fire.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I love his voice, very Robert Wyatty.

I think this great, love "Cooksonia" and "Silene" could be on In Rainbows easy enough. Hope they tour, Circle were meant to be at Dawson gig back in 2020 that got Covid-ed.

Apropos, Hen Ogledd released a new mini-album yesterday - centrepiece "Tip Trip" pretty great.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Peacock Johnson on November 30, 2021, 10:16:20 AMHope they tour, Circle were meant to be at Dawson gig back in 2020 that got Covid-ed.

They're playing together at Supersonic festival next year! I got a ticket the other day.

iamcoop

This is great but is it just me or is it mastered incredibly quietly? I know it's fairly considered music but it seems to lack a little bit of bite. Maybe it's my shit set up.

Pink Gregory

I always struggle to listen to double albums in their entirely, but I went right through this.

Just about prog enough, with Dawson cutting through beautifully.

There's a video out for Ivy (I think?) which is just Dawson boredly watching Steve Davis play snooker.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Yeah I liked this a lot too. The middle section of Methuselah is an absolute banger.

I know absolutely fuck all about Circle though, despite liking their instrumentation on this. Does anyone have any recs on where to start with them?

Dirty Boy

I also really like this and really liked 2020 an'all.

Where listen next?