Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:49:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Franz Ferdinand have just emailed me to say that their drummer has left the band

Started by holyzombiejesus, October 21, 2021, 05:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

His food column for The Guardian was one of the most needlessly florid and self indulgent things I've ever read.

I never quite figured out if it was deliberately so and he was taking the piss but I think it was genuine.

Terence Bowl

Quote from: imitationleather on August 06, 2022, 09:25:45 PMHe... Err... I'm pretty sure he didn't used to talk like that.
It seems he's done the mandatory course that all Scottish TV presenters and radio DJ's get sent on.
I'm assuming it contains modules like 'Getting your jock accent BBC ready' and 'How to come across as friendly but insincere'.

kngen

I'd like to say I have an opinion on his personality (I've been told he served me drinks on many, many occasions while working at the 13th Note, is one of my bandmate's friends as they'd been in a band together previously, and even did our sound a couple of times, apparently), but I cannot recall him in the slightest. Some might say this was more to do with the volume of alcohol I'd consumed on these occasions rather than the singer of one of Glasgow's most notable bands of the past few years being a total charisma void, but I politely disagree.

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 06, 2022, 06:21:47 PMWhat the fuck, it's like a POV video where you're a woman he's trying to chat up in a bar

"So, how old do you think I am? No seriously! 50?!?! Well...yeah, it's just that people normally... oh forget it."

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: kngen on August 07, 2022, 01:20:38 AMHe always reminded me of Peter Richardson playing the part of an unctuous smoothie (can't quite recall from where, though - maybe several things. He did it very well.) That clip has done nothing to dispel this feeling.

Wonderful phrase

PaulTMA