Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retsuza

thewomb

JamesTC

100% certain he will set up a "parody" Glinner account at some point to spew his comments at people.

retsuza

Someone should really keep a record of his socks, seems like its nearing double digits, if it hasnt already (at least of the ones that were found and then determined to definitely be him).

I had a Twitter List going but it gets pruned when I'm blocked or the account gets deleted.

pigamus

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on November 04, 2021, 10:21:05 AM
This is one of those ideas which is so good that it seems obvious as soon as it is first mentioned, so kudos to @Kankurette for having the initial flash of inspiration. Which is a long-winded way of saying I'm in.

Yes me too

There's lots of postmen but we need a letterbox

retsuza

thewomb

[spam removed, again].

Really sick of thinking about this cunt, but that new account was the most personally abusive to date (insulting specific trans women about their appearance) in this of all weeks.

damien

QDRPHNC

Quote from: thewomb on November 04, 2021, 11:25:31 AM
[Spam removed, again]

Really sick of thinking about this cunt, but that new account was the most personally abusive to date (insulting specific trans women about their appearance) in this of all weeks.

You are doing valuable work.

thewomb

I can't really be bothered to sift through any more of his tweets (there's thousands...) but I just wanted to screenshot enough to undermine his legal threats at Laurie Penny. Knock yourself out if anyone else can be arsed though.

Kankurette

Has he started cryarsing about that school in Scotland letting boys wear kilts yet? Mumsnet, of course, are reacting as you'd expect and claiming it's 'grooming', and citing Lawrence Fox as one of the people who's complained about it, which means that it must be a good thing if that smelly posh twat is mad about it.

Just to reiterate: if you're supposedly gender critical, WHY THE SHITTING FUCK ARE YOU UPSET ABOUT BOYS WEARING SKIRTS? Are clothes gendered or are they not?

ETA: I am cagey about posting about the idea of fundraising in GB because 1) I am not exactly popular with some of the regs there and 2) I'm worried it'll devolve into yet another argument about class and why identity politics is a bad thing and blah blah.

g0m

JaDanketies

Quote from: retsuza on November 04, 2021, 11:15:59 AM
Someone should really keep a record of his socks, seems like its nearing double digits, if it hasnt already (at least of the ones that were found and then determined to definitely be him).

The Twitter account that records this is auto-replaced as 'spam' whenever you post here, so this post intended to tell you the account name but now is worthless

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on November 04, 2021, 12:29:50 PM
Has he started cryarsing about that school in Scotland letting boys wear kilts yet? Mumsnet, of course, are reacting as you'd expect and claiming it's 'grooming', and citing Lawrence Fox as one of the people who's complained about it, which means that it must be a good thing if that smelly posh twat is mad about it.

Just to reiterate: if you're supposedly gender critical, WHY THE SHITTING FUCK ARE YOU UPSET ABOUT BOYS WEARING SKIRTS? Are clothes gendered or are they not?
THEY'RE NOT EVEN "SKIRTS" THEY'RE KILTS. KILTS. why why WHY would you even. it's Scotland. tá na Sasnanaigh á dhéanamh arís[nb]if anybody can think of a more correct Irish phrase for "The English are at it again" please let me know because we need it[/nb]

QuoteETA: I am cagey about posting about the idea of fundraising in GB because 1) I am not exactly popular with some of the regs there and 2) I'm worried it'll devolve into yet another argument about class and why identity politics is a bad thing and blah blah.
Maybe a pinned, locked thread by Barry with a list of trans charities and instructions to PM him if anyone has suggestions for others?

Barry Admin

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 04, 2021, 12:54:18 PM
The Twitter account that records this is auto-replaced as 'spam' whenever you post here, so this post intended to tell you the account name but now is worthless

It's replaced as spam now, yes, because I'm not going through this same argument with thewomb again over his constant self-promotion, 14 years later.

As said before, post direct links to the info if they're pertinent, i.e. post the archive.org links or hotlink the screenshots.

What's not acceptable on here is to go e.g.: 'oh, good topic guys, I put my thoughts about this together on my blog/twitter account/Facebook profile if you wanna check it out', or anything equivalent to that.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 04, 2021, 09:05:25 AM
"The real reason they hate Mumsnet" is Grahams latest.

I don't hate Mumsnet?  The 'feminism' subforum which is basically TERF city can fuck off though.
Has anyone actually tried to 'shut the site down'?  Or is this Graham just seeing fucking everything as about him and his little crusade?

It's yet another post where the content is just something written by someone else he's lifted off another site without asking permission. Does he actually bother writing anything other than GLINNERS TWITTER anymore?

buttgammon

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 04, 2021, 12:58:09 PM
THEY'RE NOT EVEN "SKIRTS" THEY'RE KILTS. KILTS. why why WHY would you even. it's Scotland. tá na Sasnanaigh á dhéanamh arís[nb]if anybody can think of a more correct Irish phrase for "The English are at it again" please let me know because we need it[/nb]

My partner speaks Irish and she'd say "tá drochsheoladh faoi na brits ar an athuair", which is more "the Brits are up to no good again". Surprisingly, she's not not aware of a stock phrase!

retsuza

The stock phrase in english is usually "The Brits are at it again". My irish is extremely poor so I'm afraid I can't verify the above - tá brón orm.

Quote from: buttgammon on November 04, 2021, 01:31:03 PM
My partner speaks Irish and she'd say "tá drochsheoladh faoi na brits ar an athuair", which is more "the Brits are up to no good again". Surprisingly, she's not not aware of a stock phrase!
There probably isn't a stock phrase as Gaeilge, but that one does sound better than mine, which is "The English are doing it again".

JamesTC

Find it funny how Glinner thinks all that Reddit drama is big news that he needs to cover with more journalisms. Nobody gives a shit about some fucking Reddit moderators. His world has become so pathetically insular.

wrec

Quote from: JamesTC on November 04, 2021, 02:04:08 PM
Find it funny how Glinner thinks all that Reddit drama is big news that he needs to cover with more journalisms. Nobody gives a shit about some fucking Reddit moderators. His world has become so pathetically insular.
It's like Daniel "DJ Keemstar" Keem calling his gossip show "news". It's not news Daniel. It's gossip. Nobody cares.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Graham's slipping into insanity feels like Owen Benjamin's (An american comedian, been on Joe Rogan's show,etc) slide into insanity. They are so similar, tho' Benjamin has slid a bit deeper than Graham.

Barry Admin

Quote from: JamesTC on November 04, 2021, 02:04:08 PM

He kept banging on about Aimee Challenor during the Blanchard interview too, and making out it was some kind of explosive story that everyone should be going nuts about.

I suspect the Feminist Current article about Challenor he submitted back in 2019 is one of the few things he's actually managed to write in recent years, and that's why he's so consumed by it?

HamishMacbeth

Clothes aren't gendered, until it benefits trans people.
Gender is a social construct, until it benefits trans people.
Gender neutral words are good, until it benefits trans people.
Turning off replies is bad, until it benefits trans people.
Being a twitter troll is bad, until it benefits us.
Trying to get people fired is bad, until it benefits us.
Talking to organisations directly and circumventing popular opinion is bad, until it benefits us.
Conversion therapy is bad, until it benefits us.

Mister Six

ETA: I am cagey about posting about the idea of fundraising in GB because 1) I am not exactly popular with some of the regs there and 2) I'm worried it'll devolve into yet another argument about class and why identity politics is a bad thing and blah blah.

How would it work? If it's through GoFundMe or one of those things, you could set it up and put it here and then Barry or someone can put a pinned post in GB with the link and a suggestion people contribute, and not mention your name.

That way if it does turn into some wank tankie thread, you don't have to be involved.

(I'd suggest not locking the hypothetical GB thread because seeing people comment that they've contributed will encourage others to join in.)

Mister Six

So don't say what the inappropriate behaviour was, or what the blog post said? Cowardly.

GoblinAhFuckScary

so what is the bbc actually operating under an actual transphobic directive now? why would they do this?