Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Kunt and the Gang bid for Xmas No.1 to be downloaded today the 17th

Started by ajsmith2, December 17, 2021, 11:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 24, 2021, 07:26:52 PMTerribly classist. And we wonder why more Nottingham graphic designers dont post here

Edit this is him here innit

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mhoyle

Christ, he's a marketing cunt. Says it all.

Johnny Yesno

A normal person's response to the existence of food banks is to think 'It's true: Boris Johnson is still a fucking cunt' but these psychopaths are pleased because they've found a deserving poor to patronise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWyMmIHaBMg (TW: griftbaby link)

RicoMNKN

Just looking at their videos.  The first time they mentioned food banks this year was 12 days ago.  They stopped mentioning them last year as soon as they got to number one. In the meantime, its all hawking sausage roll merch that doesn't seem to have any charity connection.

I did actually feel slightly sorry for them with the Kunts trolling, but he was spot on.

Jollity

It could be worse, it could be twice a year. Or more!

The LadBaby songs are bad though. Or, rather, the clips of them I've actually heard are. I'm not about to go listening to a whole one.

(I am glad Kunt decided to parody "Rock & Roll part 2" in his song. It seems like something that obviously needed to be done. I mean, of course I know why LadBaby didn't want to, but it was still a big conspicuous gap in the sausage roll parody song list.

Also, I just remembered a thing in Smash Hits in about 1994 titled "Sweets and mugs and sausage rolls". It was a thing with Zig and Zag. Remember Zig and Zag? I just did, so now I'm going to make you think about them too. Not technically relevant to the thread, but not completely irrelevant either)

H-O-W-L

Just to throw my two pence in, I am truly working class filth and never even finished secondary education. With this in mind, with my Crown Of Shit firmly in place, I can safely say that hating Ladbaby is not only not classist, it is class union at its core, because everyone can acknowledge what shite his records are.

idunnosomename

if he did a degree in graphic design learning the Adobe suite 2005-8 at Loughborough he really isn't working class. at least he only paid 3k a year for that, his sausage-roll-engorged spawn will have to take at least 9k a year in debt

Kunt is a genuine grafter painter/decorator for fucks sake. his single was DIY all the way through, not someone comping you crying over a foodbank in a former church (thats still making me feel ill)

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Jollity on December 25, 2021, 12:00:02 AMRemember Zig and Zag? I just did, so now I'm going to make you think about them too.

Well, if we're going to be thinking about Zig and Zag, I have the perfect soundtrack. Merry Christmas everyone!

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 25, 2021, 12:25:40 AMKunt is a genuine grafter painter/decorator for fucks sake. his single was DIY all the way through, not someone comping you crying over a foodbank in a former church (thats still making me feel ill)

That said, he did go to the same school as me and it was a bit posh. Not private and they didn't make you wear a hat like where pancreas probably went, but you did have to pass exams to get in.

idunnosomename

oh of course I'm not saying Kunt is working class and Mark Hoyle isn't, they're both basically comfortable middle class who work between independent creative and skilled labourer, but the difference is one is funny and the other is a grifting tory arsehole who seems to think poverty is something that should be managed rather than eradicated

also not saying knowing how to do Adobe isn't a proper skill but also, the Babiest of Lads was privileged to go to university to learn it rather than working it out himself like other wannabe YouTubers

imitationleather

I know, I know. I just wanted to mention that we went to the same school.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Chris Malla @not_chris_mallaThe Kunts getting cumulatively more streams/sales than LadBaby but LadBaby still getting Xmas number 1 is a perfect illustration of why we need PR and not FPTP

11:25 am · 24 Dec 2021

https://twitter.com/not_chris_malla/status/1474340524131766282

RicoMNKN

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 25, 2021, 02:32:41 PMhttps://twitter.com/not_chris_malla/status/1474340524131766282

I believe the sales are combined, which is why Kunt releases so many versions.  iTunes wasn't like that for most of the week.

I do wonder if LadBaby only started releasing two versions of his song when Kunt got him rattled last year by abusing the same loophole.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: RicoMNKN on December 25, 2021, 05:08:05 PMI believe the sales are combined, which is why Kunt releases so many versions.  iTunes wasn't like that for most of the week.

I do wonder if LadBaby only started releasing two versions of his song when Kunt got him rattled last year by abusing the same loophole.

Ah, right, that was mentioned upthread now I think about it. It is quite satisfying seeing 'Boris Johnson is STILL a fucking cunt' daubed all over that chart, at least.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on December 24, 2021, 09:00:30 PMbig flame, steve ignorant, mccarthy, ladybaby

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

Also, as is blatantly clear, even at Christmas, food banks aren't about 'sausage rolls for everyone' (and why didn't they sing that to Shaky's Merry Christmas, Everyone, which would at least scan?) - they're about a cheap bag of dry pasta and a tin of beans for everyone. Merry fucking Christmas. Just what is your current estimated financial value, Ladbaby, you leeching piece of unfunny shit?

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 25, 2021, 12:25:40 AMif he did a degree in graphic design learning the Adobe suite 2005-8 at Loughborough he really isn't working class.
Not trying to be #provocative or a troll, honest, but I dunno about that.  I spose it really does depend on your definition of "working class", and I'm finding it hard to exactly articulate what I mean, but I feel like while there are plenty of cultural and economic (more the former) barriers to higher education for people from a working class background, I'd say going to university is hardly enough to make you NOT working class.

He's still a twat though.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on December 25, 2021, 07:37:47 PMNot trying to be #provocative or a troll, honest, but I dunno about that.  I spose it really does depend on your definition of "working class", and I'm finding it hard to exactly articulate what I mean, but I feel like while there are plenty of cultural and economic (more the former) barriers to higher education for people from a working class background, I'd say going to university is hardly enough to make you NOT working class.

I think you're right. It's more relevant what class he is now, but even that wouldn't matter if he wasn't such an austerity-laundering grifter dickhead.

Retinend

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on December 25, 2021, 07:37:47 PMNot trying to be #provocative or a troll, honest, but I dunno about that.  I spose it really does depend on your definition of "working class", and I'm finding it hard to exactly articulate what I mean, but I feel like while there are plenty of cultural and economic (more the former) barriers to higher education for people from a working class background, I'd say going to university is hardly enough to make you NOT working class.

I'll articulate what I think you're getting at, since I think I agree: "being working class" is to belong to a culture you're born into. It's more akin to a "caste" than an "income bracket". That is, it's more about the perception of others, than it is about any objective criteria.

Caveats are obligatory. The boundaries are extremely fuzzy. Our three classes exist because people on the respective sides of the upper/middle/working class lines agree that these distinctions exist, and associate, often unconsciously, mainly with "their kind". These distinctions won't exist when nobody thinks they do, any longer.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: Retinend on December 25, 2021, 08:27:11 PMI'll articulate what I think you're getting at, since I think I agree: "being working class" is to belong to a culture you're born into. It's more akin to a "caste" than an "income bracket". That is, it's more about the perception of others, than it is about any objective criteria.

Caveats are obligatory. The boundaries are extremely fuzzy. Our three classes exist because people on the respective sides of the upper/middle/working class lines agree that these distinctions exist, and associate, often unconsciously, mainly with "their kind". These distinctions won't exist when nobody thinks they do, any longer.

I enjoyed your post, but you're giving me far too much credit.  I meant more in terms of, dunno...if your family was skint as fuck when you were growing up and you managed to go to university, it's not really fair to use the latter to minimise the former.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Retinend on December 25, 2021, 08:27:11 PMThese distinctions won't exist when nobody thinks they do, any longer.

That's so trivially true as to be meaningless. Income disparity, on the other hand, won't be so easily imagined away.

Retinend

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 25, 2021, 08:43:41 PMThat's so trivially true as to be meaningless. Income disparity, on the other hand, won't be so easily imagined away.

What I meant is that the social classes are not mere income brackets. They are identities you are born and raised into. Other nations somehow get along without the identities of "working class" vs "middle class", as we have them. And that's true, even if all these nations have income disparity just as we have.

Anyway, derail. It's shit that the sausage roll cunts have thwarted Kunt again - but the silver lining is that Kunt seems to have given up on giving up. He was about ready to retire from comedy a few years back, IIRC.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Retinend on December 25, 2021, 09:07:54 PMWhat I meant is that the social classes are not mere income brackets. They are identities you are born and raised into. Other nations somehow get along without the identities of "working class" vs "middle class", as we have them. And that's true, even if all these nations have income disparity just as we have.

Aye, fair enough. However, I'd say the class system is alive and well in the US, although it is masked to a greater extent by the focus on wealth.

QuoteAnyway, derail. It's shit that the sausage roll cunts have thwarted Kunt again - but the silver lining is that Kunt seems to have given up on giving up. He was about ready to retire from comedy a few years back, IIRC.

Yeah, and at least some things were said that needed saying. It's a pity they didn't reach a wider audience but hopefully the those vandalised charts will make people curious, if they haven't heard about this already.

Fambo Number Mive

Spotify has suggested I listen to Ladbaby's latest song. Listening to "Have a Wank" by Kunt and the Gang instead.

RHX

Heads up for anyone still interested in all this, Kunt has announced another run for number one, in the wake of all this Boris/party stuff that's come out in the last few days. I'm doing the 24/7 stream again cos, sod it, why not? All the info on their social media or www.borisjohnson.info

Fambo Number Mive

Good idea.

I think there is a new remix up as well - the "!2 of Boris mix"

beanheadmcginty

Ladbaby has been filmed groping a girl in a club that isn't his wife. Needless to say, Kunt is fucking loving it on his Facebook page.

boki

It's pretty funny. I think that his latest post is just a joke, but it wouldn't take much more material to make it a reality.