Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner XIV: CALOOH! CALLAY! IT'S GC COMING OUT DAY!!!

Started by madhair60, December 19, 2021, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on December 19, 2021, 10:09:34 AMSome NI TERF has written a piece for the SGB:

What is a 'Sky server'? And how would one 'doxx them to London'?  Also love that hollywood style 'let them come', which kinda torpedoes his GC coming out day, as the writer was already out before.

That is the wife of Ceri Black, their new Marion Millar hopeful, who pulled this face when Graham went to hug her at a protest in Belfast:

So yeah, it's the wife of someone who is so into all this that she's been reported to the police over Twitter shit, like Graham.

Also yeah, this whole bit is extraordinary:

Quote from: Transphobic glincelMy wife was more sure than I was. I will never forget sitting on my back step with her at home. The sun was going down and I worried aloud, "what if they come for us?" She put her red hair over her shoulder in the light of the setting sun and as it flashed in her eyes she resolved, "let them come."

We came out in our own names the next day.

The most cringey Hollywood fucking Terminator bullshit I've ever read. Fucking Sarah Connor over here.

Dr Rock

I had a little look on Twitter andfound lots of already out terfs promoting GC Coming Out Day, many acting as if they were coming out that day despite being called terfasauus_rex, but no genuine 'I was afraid to say anything before, but from now on I will be openly critical of gender, by which I mean I will be openly bigoted to trans people'  - can you point me to a believable tweet?

Sonny_Jim

I had a look, honestly I couldn't find a single genuine 'I wasn't out before but now I am' tweet.

buttgammon

Even if there are any closeted transphobes, the fact that they're not already spewing vitriol on social media means they won't have heard his rallying cry, seeing as his audience has dwindled to a handful of hardcore weirdos.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on December 19, 2021, 10:13:26 AMOn Monday, someone is going to be guzzling Tunnock's Teacakes at work while wearing a dinosaur badge and desperately hoping a colleague will notice.
god that's so cringe

and some stupid asshole in their 50s with zero self-awareness will do it and all

posting a Twitterpic of a teacake and a cup of tea next to a plastic dinosaur on their desk

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Glinner in the Daily MailIn almost every company I've worked with there are now young employees who are ferociously authoritarian. They seem to think that unless you believe the same things as them then you have no right to take part in society.
I mean, at some point he's going to get it.  What's that phrase?  If everyone you bump into all day turns out to be an arsehole ferociously authoritarian, maybe it's yourself that's 'ferociously authoritarian'?

Barry Admin

Aidan Comerford makes a great point that the Daily Mail article advertises GC Coming Out Day as "make yourself an unemployable pariah like me, Graham Linehan."

Cuellar

Quote from: Kankurette on December 19, 2021, 10:13:26 AMOn Monday, someone is going to be guzzling Tunnock's Teacakes at work while wearing a dinosaur badge and desperately hoping a colleague will notice.

...while WFH

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on December 19, 2021, 10:43:14 AMI mean, at some point he's going to get it.  What's that phrase?  If everyone you bump into all day turns out to be an arsehole ferociously authoritarian, maybe it's yourself that's 'ferociously authoritarian'?

I think he gets that part, honestly. What he doesn't get is that "not getting his way all the time and being questioned by plebs who don't even have BAFTAs" isn't an aberration to be corrected, it's the new normal, because everything that ever gave him clout - money, career, connections, reputation, social media presence - is gone forever.

It's not that "young people are authoritarian" it's that people (young and old) don't want to deal with a single-minded bigot who can't shut up about how they hate this group or that group.

shoulders

Quote from: Deranged Mentally Ill DisasterIn almost every company I've worked with there are now young employees who are ferociously authoritarian. They seem to think that unless you believe the same things as them then you have no right to take part in society

Remind me which group wants to police toilets, empower women to harrass women who don't look traditionally feminine enough on the basis of their own individual prejudices... and which group just wants to let people go to the fucking toilet?

bgmnts

Random thought but have Tunnocks come out and said anything about them now being the chosen food of the transphobic?

phes

frajer

4pm?! I thought he'd have been up and streaming for hours on this most special of days.

Symptomless Covid

I know the true meaning of TERFmas isn't about presents, it's about pointing and laughing at bigots, but is there a charity donation thing going on?

Quote from: Symptomless Covid on December 19, 2021, 11:46:01 AMI know the true meaning of TERFmas isn't about presents, it's about pointing and laughing at bigots, but is there a charity donation thing going on?
Thread here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=90851.90

petril

Quote from: madhair60 on December 19, 2021, 12:28:13 AMGlinner XIV: CALOOH! CALLAY! IT'S GC COMING OUT DAY!!!

he gets the ball,
he scores own goals

JaDanketies

She should try speaking with ASOS. I don't think most employment tribunals cost 130k

Dr Rock

Quote from: Barry Admin on December 19, 2021, 11:57:56 AMWhat it's really all about:

More evidence that the number of active terfs, open or in the closet, is about 4000 individuals. Noting that foreign donors may have inflated that number of idiots.

somersetchris

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 19, 2021, 11:59:59 AMShe should try speaking with ASOS. I don't think most employment tribunals cost 130k

Also if she won, why's she paying legal fees..?

Gusty OWindflap

Literally how Graham thought today would go. Literally.

phes

I hope they're running a live twitter link up on the mess like some horribly bleak children in need where they're announcing that $u$an from Derby has just pledged to hang a tunnocks on her front door

wrec

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 19, 2021, 11:11:19 AMIt's not that "young people are authoritarian" it's that people (young and old) don't want to deal with a single-minded bigot who can't shut up about how they hate this group or that group.

He's bullied and harrassed countless people for merely disagreeing with him, or for being trans, and encouraged his minions to do so. What would happen if he encounters a trans person in the workplace, or even someone who's not comfortable working with him? He's a clear danger and no responsible employer would allow him around people.

mippy

Quote from: Pimhole on December 19, 2021, 03:45:54 AMSo he thinks Jimmy Mulville is being pushed around by a bunch of blue-haired interns?

Didn't Mulville sign the letter he and Arthur Matthews (sic) also signed?

Also, lol at the examples he chose, many people working there wouldn't even have been born when either of those two programmes first aired, it's like asking Jim Davidson for an example of black comedians forcing dessicated old racists off the telly and only coming up with Lenny Henry.