Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Glinutes of Shame: Lying in the Gettr Looking at the TRAs

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 16, 2022, 12:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

Quote from: wrec on January 23, 2022, 07:53:50 PMJust had a quick peek. He said self ID was introduced in prisons first as a way to sneak it into society in general because nobody cares about prisoners. He's in a swivel chair that's too high to get a proper leg jitter going but is having a good old swivel instead.

Until somebody makes an amusing edit of this, I'm forced to imagine him swivelling round in endless circles while shaking with rage and verging on sobs.

phantom_power

Why would you even get Glinner on a show talking about trans issues unless you wanted a bigoted PoV. It's not like he has any background in this stuff or is any sort of expert beyond his obsession

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: phantom_power on January 23, 2022, 08:36:44 PMWhy would you even get Glinner on a show talking about trans issues unless you wanted a bigoted PoV. It's not like he has any background in this stuff or is any sort of expert beyond his obsession

99% of the time anyone interviewed on trans issues is not an expert and yet is positioned as such, see Kathleen Stock for an obvious example

phes

Quote from: phantom_power on January 23, 2022, 08:36:44 PMWhy would you even get Glinner on a show talking about trans issues unless you wanted a bigoted PoV. It's not like he has any background in this stuff or is any sort of expert beyond his obsession

It's worse than that. Their source of great information (which all begins with 'apparently' and 'I have been told' and 'well, it's something like this') is a fucking nincompoop who is repeatedly suckered into reposting satirical accounts and articles (he managed the latest one 24 hours before this appearance) and is constantly having to acknowledge 'getting the wrong person'.

Daniel

Quote from: JamesTC on January 23, 2022, 07:21:34 PMGlinner would be so conflicted watching this video.

I wonder if he was watching Coronation Street the other night - Gemma was excited to get a Tunnock's from Dev's shop, so clearly the actress/writers were giving a subtle wink to all the GC viewers out there.

Pimhole

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 23, 2022, 10:43:56 AMThere's a "the tide is turning" thread titled "When the lawsuits come, who will be held responsible and why?" on Mumsnet because a US legal firm are investigating the possibility of a class action law suit.

https://www.girardsharp.com/work-investigations-puberty-blockers

rabbitwoman discusses how this will play out.

https://soundcloud.com/victor-milton-van-doorn/the-museum-of-curiosity-christmas-special-j-k-rowling-glyn-johns-shazia-mirza

Bridget is perfectly polite to JKR throughout. These people hear what they want to hear.

Kankurette

Considering how many transphobes are homophobes, I'm not surprised Bananacunt is happily teaming up with people defending a Finnish politician for tweeting a Bible verse about how gays are disgusting.

If a Muslim politician had tweeted something similar from the Qu'ran, there would be outrage from them.

Quote from: buttgammon on January 23, 2022, 08:33:40 PMUntil somebody makes an amusing edit of this, I'm forced to imagine him swivelling round in endless circles while shaking with rage and verging on sobs.

I too will not be watching the Going Bananas broadcast but I will be extremely disappointed if we don't get a mention in it.

"And these... these Chris Morris fans... for years... they, they target me... with their TRA tactics... they don't stand with  J. K. Rowling... Please let me see the kids,  Helen..."

(Though with @madhair60 announcing his semi-retirement last thread, I'm not sure if someone else will do it or it just won't happen.)

canadagoose

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on January 23, 2022, 09:16:14 PMI too will not be watching the Going Bananas broadcast
New Saturday morning children's show with Glinner, Moley and Penisland?

wrec

He also said that women in prison were one of the most vulnerable groups and 60% of them had suffered blunt force head trauma. Doyle questioned that statistic but BC promised that whoever he got it from knows their stuff.

RicoMNKN

Graham's found a new fan of Count Arthur Strong!

I mean, he goes by the name of Offendomong, follows Steve Bannon, Paul Watson and people with MAGA profiles, but I'm sure Steve Delaney will be delighted to have this new fan.

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: wrec on January 23, 2022, 09:27:16 PMHe also said that women in prison were one of the most vulnerable groups and 60% of them had suffered blunt force head trauma. Doyle questioned that statistic but BC promised that whoever he got it from knows their stuff.

Is that 60% of all women prisoners? Or 60% of the 33.3% of women prisoners who are locked up for TV License evasion?

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 23, 2022, 10:43:56 AMrabbitwoman discusses how this will play out.

"And the sky shall be full of rainbows only we can see and our enemies will live in a world of perpetual smog!

"We're gonna build a whole new world for ourselves. You know where? Underground! You should see it down there. Hundreds of miles of drains, sweet and clean now after the rain. Dark, quiet, safe. We can build houses and everything, start again from scratch. And what's so bad about living underground eh? It's not been so great living up here, if you want my opinion.

"We'll build shops and hospitals and brunch cafés right under their noses. Right under their feet! Everything we need: banks, single-sex prisons and schools... We'll send scouting parties to collect books and stuff, and good ally men like you'll teach the kids. Not poems and rubbish! Very basic 1950s science, so we can get everything working and make sure everyone knows what a woman is. We'll build villages and towns and... and... we'll play each other at cricket!

"Listen, maybe one day we'll capture a BBC, eh? Or learn how to make one ourselves and then wallop!"

wrec

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on January 23, 2022, 10:04:03 PMIs that 60% of all women prisoners? Or 60% of the 33.3% of women prisoners who are locked up for TV License evasion?

Shockingly, 73% of women who failed to pay their TV license had forgotten to do so due to severe concussion.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 23, 2022, 10:10:13 PM"And the sky shall be full of rainbows only we can see and our enemies will live in a world of perpetual smog!

"We're gonna build a whole new world for ourselves. You know where? Underground! You should see it down there. Hundreds of miles of drains, sweet and clean now after the rain. Dark, quiet, safe. We can build houses and everything, start again from scratch. And what's so bad about living underground eh? It's not been so great living up here, if you want my opinion.

"We'll build shops and hospitals and brunch cafés right under their noses. Right under their feet! Everything we need: banks, single-sex prisons and schools... We'll send scouting parties to collect books and stuff, and good ally men like you'll teach the kids. Not poems and rubbish! Very basic 1950s science, so we can get everything working and make sure everyone knows what a woman is. We'll build villages and towns and... and... we'll play each other at cricket!

"Listen, maybe one day we'll capture a BBC, eh? Or learn how to make one ourselves and then wallop!"

Bahaha I need to listen to that album again

The Late Satoru Iwata

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

buttgammon

The chances of Pope Ted coming from him are a million to one.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 23, 2022, 10:52:54 PMThe show's touring in March and April.

Not a huge fan of some of the changes they made in the newer version, luckily I got to see it the first time it toured with the giant winking Richard Burton head. What I really want to do is see the vr experience thing that's on in London but I'm not hopping on a train for 5 hours to go see it.

bgmnts

Quote from: phantom_power on January 23, 2022, 08:36:44 PMWhy would you even get Glinner on a show talking about trans issues unless you wanted a bigoted PoV.

Answered your own question there.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: buttgammon on January 23, 2022, 11:06:02 PMThe chances of Pope Ted coming from him are a million to one.
So you're saying, there's a chance....

Jumblegraws

Would love for bunnygal to be outed as a Glinner sock

The Late Satoru Iwata

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: buttgammon on January 23, 2022, 11:06:02 PMThe chances of Pope Ted coming from him are a million to one they say

DAH DAH DAAAAAAH

da da-da,
da da-da,

DAH DAH DAAAAAAH

da da-da,
da da-da,

buttgammon

jobotic

Linehan wouldn't notice the Martian invasion - there's so much going on!