Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:34:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shooting #24601

Started by bgmnts, May 15, 2022, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Alberon on May 24, 2022, 10:27:16 PMNow's not the time to talk about gun control.

Good point. Let's give it three, four weeks so people can heal, and then we can talk about how to prevent things. Fingers crossed no one does a guns in the meantime, as then we'll need to start the three, four weeks over again!

Captain Z

No doubt yet another looney left wing extremist.

Cold Meat Platter

Cue the YouTube gun choads going into a frenzy telling you what guns to buy before the woke stasi ban them.
And then unironically complaining about the 'ammo shortage' while pumping hundreds of rounds into bottles of pop.

Absurd culture.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Feel a bit bad for the supermarket guy now. So little time to revel in infamy before the next one usurps him.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Shot his grandmother first. A few handy hook parallels it seems. They've named him already.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

@Martin Van Buren Stan

Please don't edit the typo in your post. Leave it like that.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 24, 2022, 10:45:23 PM@Martin Van Buren Stan

Please don't edit the typo in your post. Leave it like that.

Hadn't even noticed. I'll leave it since you asked so nicely!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He shit himself before he shot himself

touchingcloth

If you're feeling despondent about this sort of thing, not absolutely everything in the world is going to total shit: I've just read that car accidents are no longer the leading cause of death for US children and teenagers.

Wonderful Butternut

But if we gave Elementary School kids guns, they might have been able to stop him.

Arm toddlers!

jobotic

What did we do after the Plymouth shootings?

The government told Prevent to leave the far-right alone.

JesusAndYourBush

Alberon

Hold up, the Texas Attorney General might have an answer.

QuoteIn response to the shooting in Uvalde, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton says the solution may be arming teachers.

Speaking to conservative news outlet Newsmax, Paxton said that "having potentially teachers and other administrators be armed" would help stop future attacks while authorities arrived.

"First responders typically can't get there in time to prevent a shooting. It's just not possible unless you have a police officer on every campus," he said. "I think you're going to have to do more at the school."

Nope. Guy's a cunt.

Surely having the kids carry small guns would stop this kind of thing?

jobotic

Whatever lies in store for my six year old daughter at school tomorrow I guarantee that she won't be murdered by a man with a firearm.

Yet as far as I know her teachers aren't strapped.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 24, 2022, 10:42:04 PMFeel a bit bad for the supermarket guy now. So little time to revel in infamy before the next one usurps him.
ooh he drove three hours! that's like me driving to Peterborough! what a useless cunt. he deserves to be mocked and shit on for all eternity for what a cowardly cunt he is

Cold Meat Platter

Give the guns AI and little guns of their own so the good gun with the gun can take down the bad guy with the gun with the gun.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 25, 2022, 12:39:11 AMGive the guns AI and little guns of their own so the good gun with the gun can take down the bad guy with the gun with the gun.

"Guns don't kill people, guns with guns do."

Cold Meat Platter

Or invent bullets that don't affect children.
I shouldn't have to do these boffins' work for them, surely? What do we pay our taxes for?

imitationleather

Make all kids go to school in one of those old diving suits.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: imitationleather on May 25, 2022, 01:37:23 AMMake all kids go to school in one of those old diving suits.

Reckon you'd need at least 3.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 25, 2022, 01:36:19 AMOr invent bullets that don't affect children.

I think you're onto something there, but I'd go a step further and have some sort of built-in image recognition so it wouldn't fire if aimed at a person.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 25, 2022, 01:46:01 AMI think you're onto something there, but I'd go a step further and have some sort of built-in image recognition so it wouldn't fire if aimed at a person.

I'm afraid this is pie-in-the-sky thinking.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: imitationleather on May 25, 2022, 01:37:23 AMMake all kids go to school in one of those old diving suits.

Nah, have teachers in the diving suits protecting the students, who are all dressed like little girls.

Mobius

Why don't they simply just make children out of whatever those black boxes in planes are made of.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Mobius on May 25, 2022, 03:22:33 AMWhy don't they simply just make children out of whatever those black boxes in planes are made of.

Ironically, those are made out of bits of old children!

evilcommiedictator

4chan have grabbed the profile of a trans woman and are saying it's the shooter, idiots conservatives are jumping all over it, because of course, you shouldn't politicize a tragedy and try and enact change

Mister Six

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 25, 2022, 03:35:31 AMIronically, those are made out of bits of old children!

So adults, then?

Cold Meat Platter

steve98

The NRA's holding it's annual get-together on Friday in Houston, not far from this. Trump and Ted Cruz and Governor Abbott are due to speak; and (as of 2 hours ago) there'd been no word of them cancelling. Should be a grim spectacle - 3 horrible bastards trying to convince us they give a fuck.

The shooter's (as always) a moody, weird-looking fucker. Puts me in mind of the actor that played Kevin in We Need To Talk. (Also, like Kevin, he left a murdered family member back at the house before he went on his spree.)