Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New posters intro thread

Started by Barry Admin, June 16, 2022, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Thought it might be nice to have a space for new posters to quickly introduce themselves, if they so wish.

Please feel free to tell us a bit about your interests :-)

Incy Wincy Mincey

Go on then, I'll bite.

Long-time lurker, first(ish) time poster. Glasgow-based, late 30's with 2 cats, a wife and toddler.

Phimosis kept at bay thus far, but been balding since my mid-20's so now an unashamed slaphead. Hopefully that's enough for me to slip into the CAB crowd unhindered before slinking off muttering something about needing to catch the last bus.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Pink Gregory

the Incy Wincy Mincey
climbed up to check us out

Incy Wincy Mincey

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 22, 2022, 02:30:53 PM@Incy Wincy Mincey

Give us your bastard rating out of ten.

A solid seven, on a good day.

(liquid seven otherwise)

Stigdu

Joined here about a year ago when I heard it mentioned on Inside No. 9 but haven't posted much until recently.

48, married with 2 girls and a cat. I have a girl's name (dad was a fan of Stacy Keach) which according to some posters on here apparently makes me a woman. Go figure. Also, my profile pic of Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura makes me transphobic. Go figure, again. Changed now to Dumb and Dumber.  :)

dontpaintyourteeth

Oh hello. I didn't know this was here. Been here for a few weeks now, I introduced myself in one of the Glinner threads but to anyone who's not keeping up with those I would like to simply say... hi. Just "hi".

pancreas

Would you say you put the 'hi' in 'phimosis'?

Ray Travez

Quote from: Stigdu on June 22, 2022, 05:30:26 PMJoined here about a year ago when I heard it mentioned on Inside No. 9 but haven't posted much until recently.

so are you loving it on the cookdandbombd forum?

Stigdu

Quote from: Ray Travez on June 23, 2022, 02:00:31 AMso are you loving it on the cookdandbombd forum?

Wouldn't say I'm loving it, as there have been some right judgmental people on here, but for the most part, yeah, it's good to engage.

My dad always told me, "It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice" - something I think some people on here haven't learnt yet.

Paul Calf

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: pancreas on June 23, 2022, 01:24:29 AMWould you say you put the 'hi' in 'phimosis'?

And the "bald" in... I don't know, something that has those letters in it

Stigdu

The Mollusk

Quote from: Stigdu on June 23, 2022, 10:36:53 AMWhat the fuck?

Sorry pal, there is a general consensus on here where people will respond to accusations of cruelty by being even more of a wanker, mostly for their own amusement I guess? Either way I don't think it's the best way to speak to someone who's clearly having a hard time fitting in here as it is.

For what it's worth I thought the shite about you being called a troll in the Gervais thread simply for liking his work and explaining why to the best of your ability was completely uncalled for. The sad truth is we've had people act that way before simply to antagonise the forum but that doesn't mean everyone who signs up and says they like Gervais should be treated with extreme caution and prejudice. It's embarrassing. The best way to create a harmonious world is to speak to others of different beliefs and understand one another better, not to cast them aside and try and build an exclusive utopia. This is a place for discussion after all and I'm glad you stayed and spoke your mind. I hope you stick around, most of us are actually really nice people. Except me, I am a cunt.

the science eel

CaB is full of wankers, sadly. There's a level of articulacy and cultural awareness/knowledge that can't be found on most boards, and it's the liveliest forum I know, but unfortunately alongside all that you've got sneering, arrogant cunts, tedious in-jokes, and obsessive, closed-shop consensus views on every major comedy figure. Dare represent a different opinion and you'll be pilloried.

Stigdu

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 23, 2022, 10:45:37 AMSorry pal, there is a general consensus on here where people will respond to accusations of cruelty by being even more of a wanker, mostly for their own amusement I guess? Either way I don't think it's the best way to speak to someone who's clearly having a hard time fitting in here as it is.

For what it's worth I thought the shite about you being called a troll in the Gervais thread simply for liking his work and explaining why to the best of your ability was completely uncalled for. The sad truth is we've had people act that way before simply to antagonise the forum but that doesn't mean everyone who signs up and says they like Gervais should be treated with extreme caution and prejudice. It's embarrassing. The best way to create a harmonious world is to speak to others of different beliefs and understand one another better, not to cast them aside and try and build an exclusive utopia. This is a place for discussion after all and I'm glad you stayed and spoke your mind. I hope you stick around, most of us are actually really nice people. Except me, I am a cunt.

I appreciate that, cheers bud. Had a similar private message from another member on here, giving support.

Fuck 'em. I stand by my values and opinions and won't feel intimidated. That Paul Calf character (not Steve Coogan, I quite like him) can go do one.

JaDanketies

I saw you going against the CAB consensus in the Gervais thread Stigdu and I did feel like you got piled on a bit, but yknow it happened to me when I joined here too, I didn't feel like I belonged because I had wrongthink, but stick here long enough and the other posters will hammer non-conformity out of you and you'll hate Gervais' new special too

Paul Calf

Quote from: Stigdu on June 23, 2022, 10:51:23 AMI appreciate that, cheers bud. Had a similar private message from another member on here, giving support.

Fuck 'em. I stand by my values and opinions and won't feel intimidated. That Paul Calf character (not Steve Coogan, I quite like him) can go do one, the fucking idiot.

https://www.disboards.com/

You're welcome.

Stigdu

Paul Calf

Nearly. I'm not really allowed on the internet but I do it while my dad's not looking.

He's a cunt too.

JaDanketies

this isn't a very welcoming new posters intro thread Paul

Martin Van Buren Stan

I mean Paul's post was obviously a joke? He was ironicing @Stigdu I think. "Someone says it's good to be nice so I'll jokingly call them a cunt" is a pretty standard gag

Paul Calf

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 23, 2022, 11:01:50 AMthis isn't a very welcoming new posters intro thread Paul

I don't see the word 'welcoming' in the title 😁

I'd argue that it's a fairly accurate intro.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 23, 2022, 11:03:49 AMI mean Paul's post was obviously a joke? He was ironicing @Stigdu I think. "Someone says it's good to be nice so I'll jokingly call them a cunt" is a pretty standard gag

I mean, it's there if you want it.

I was emulating my hero, Richard Gervisa, who was horrid to famous people at the BAFTAs or something. Everyone sucked his knob raw because he was so brave and daring.

Paul Calf

OK, I don 't want to drive new posters away.

@Stigdu : I was joking mate. As @Martin Van Buren Stan points out above, it's quite a common joke format. If I upset you, I am very sorry.

Dr Rock

jobotic

Quote from: the science eel on June 23, 2022, 10:51:02 AMCaB is full of wankers, sadly. There's a level of articulacy and cultural awareness/knowledge that can't be found on most boards, and it's the liveliest forum I know, but unfortunately alongside all that you've got sneering, arrogant cunts, tedious in-jokes, and obsessive, closed-shop consensus views on every major comedy figure. Dare represent a different opinion and you'll be pilloried.

You make this post weekly

Stigdu

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 23, 2022, 11:12:15 AMOK, I don 't want to drive new posters away.

@Stigdu : I was joking mate. As @Martin Van Buren Stan points out above, it's quite a common joke format. If I upset you, I am very sorry.

OK, fair dos. Appreciate the apology. Seemed a bit harsh and out of left field is all!

Cerys

Welcome, lovely people.  And cunts.  And lovely cunts.  It's all good.

dontpaintyourteeth

my dad's a right cunt, if anyone wants a pop at him, I won't mind