Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Request] Japanese music thread of yore on CaB

Started by Crenners, August 05, 2022, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

I suddenly got a hankering for a track which was linked in a fifteen-year-old CaB thread on Japanese music, called something like "Electronic Tones and Beeps for _______". I feel like it was a pseudonym of Tomita, but I can't find anything relevant. Might have been called Dr Whoopee's Eectronic Beeps and Tones or something like that.

Other recommendations in the post were Hermann H & The Pacemakers, Polysics and Plus-Tech Squeeze Box. I remember downloading loads of albums afterwards but I've lost this one track and can't remember the name.

It was just some spacey, kind of weepy synth tone with some bleeps and I think it had a sample toward the end with a Japanese slightly robotic female voice saying "this is really beautiful music" or something like it.

@lazyhour I half remember you started it or were involved?

Any help much appreciated.

Crenners

The deeper I dig into my memories, the more I think it was on a Japanese music 'compilation' mix by lazyhour or a former poster who was really into Japanese music and culture.

Famous Mortimer

Plus-Tech Squeeze Box got their own thread here, and there's a few discussions of other bands which might trigger your brains.

Crenners

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 05, 2022, 06:22:19 PMPlus-Tech Squeeze Box got their own thread here, and there's a few discussions of other bands which might trigger your brains.

Cheers! This specific track isn't there but nice to get a few more memories of the likes of Macdonald Duck Eclair and Usagi Chang records. Also mad how much I remembered the conversations in that thread when I started reading.

lazyhour

That particular track doesn't ring a bell, but it may well have come from me.

I'll have a think!

lazyhour

It couldn't have been a Doopees track, could it?

Crenners

Quote from: lazyhour on August 05, 2022, 10:19:03 PMIt couldn't have been a Doopees track, could it?

Yesss! Thank you!

"Dr Whoopee" ~ Doopees 😆

I'm sure I'll be able to find it now. Cheers!

Crenners

Gorgeous!

I wasn't so far off hehe.

Yann Tomita & Doopees - "Dr. Domestic's Physical Effect #2 - Electronic Colored Tone and Strings"

Crenners

Quote from: lazyhour on August 06, 2022, 09:54:05 AMI'm the best.

You are da best. Thank you for the reminder and the initial share!

Love this whole Doopee Time album and been listening all morning.