Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,489
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:39:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your summer cocktail recipes

Started by Greg Torso, July 19, 2021, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 20, 2021, 01:50:00 PM
A negroni - get one of these vermouths (good choices trenter), all are great for a negroni, some Campari and a decent gin (Gordon's or better, but not too good) - measure doubles of each over ice (or singles, important thing is each spirit is in equal measure) - give it a stir enjoy a nice grown up cocktail - I'm having one right now (time of writing)

Mmm, sounds good, already got the stuff for Martinis.

Catalogue of ills

Negronis are great, as is the Americano, another Campari based cocktail. Dead easy to make.

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on July 20, 2021, 01:56:41 PM
You should - if you ate meat, which I know, neither of us do - try vitello with that.  Rare-roasted beef, very thinly sliced once cold, arranged on a plate with capers and a cold fish sauce, made with homemade mayo liquidised with tuna, capers and lemon juice.  I always think this has echoes of garum and ancient roman recipes.

I shall go and pick some figs now.

Obviously if I ate fish products I'd love to give garum ago, but fermented fish sounds rancid to me regardless!

Cuellar

seepage

Quote from: bgmnts on July 20, 2021, 02:48:41 PM
Obviously if I ate fish products I'd love to give garum ago, but fermented fish sounds rancid to me regardless!

I think Worcestershire sauce and nam pla are similar.

I thought Vitello tonnato was made with boiled veal rather than roast beef.

JesusAndYourBush

A glass of water and some ice cubes. It's surprising me just how quickly they melt.

holyzombiejesus

Don't people find that campari really repeats on them? Lat time I had some, I could taste it well in to the next day, even after several toothbrushings and gum.

GG Allin's Shitted Breeks:

Take one straight sided glass, pour a can of Tetley into said glass. Consume.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 20, 2021, 03:33:48 PM
Don't people find that campari really repeats on them? Lat time I had some, I could taste it well in to the next day, even after several toothbrushings and gum.

Sometimes if I've drunk a fair amount but am not shitfaced whisky comes back on me despite be having plenty of room for other boozes, both spirit or beer.

Catalogue of ills

Buelligan

Quote from: seepage on July 20, 2021, 02:59:05 PM
I thought Vitello tonnato was made with boiled veal rather than roast beef.

Maybe it's regional, certainly, I know a lot of Romans who pot roast the beef.  Veal is probably the wealthier, less sensitive, more epicurean, option.

mrpupkin

dog bowl stella (bowl must say DOG)

Sebastian Cobb

Gin + Tonic but in sorbet form.

Sebastian Cobb

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

My housemate recently made a very nice Summery cocktail. I can't remember the exact recipe, but I think it was a combination of peach schnapps, white wine and soda water.

seepage

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 20, 2021, 04:51:26 PM
Gin + Tonic but in sorbet form.

Got some gin & tonic ice cubes in the freezer.

seepage

Ginger ale + cucumber = homemade non-alcoholic lager [sort of].

flotemysost

Quote from: mrpupkin on July 20, 2021, 04:39:08 PM
dog bowl stella

Haven't seen her in years! How is she these days?

Quote from: Cuellar on July 20, 2021, 02:48:53 PM
Negronis? What is this, 2016?

I thought Aperol Spritz was the cocktail that became the basic bitch (or cheugy, as the kids say these days) default option circa a few summers ago? From retro Neopolitan chic to the preserve of brunching Instagrammers everywhere.

Negronis hold a certain Proustian nostalgia for me, as they were being sloshed out in abundance at the last pre-COVID house party I went to (hosted by a group of Italian friends) in early 2020.

Buelligan

You're on the button about the Aperol spritzes, I think pancs pooh-poohed me over them a few years ago.  Leading the wave, as ever and I don't even drink or talk to people, any more.

wooders1978

Don't compare "aperol spritz" to negronis you heathens

seepage

Don't put up with nasty acrylic glasses for your summer cocktails in the garden - get some nice thin Tritan ones instead.

Buelligan

Why do people need pretend glasses out of doors?  Is the environment harder?  Or do they become children again, crashing and bumbling about once the walls are gone?

seepage

Life's too short for sweeping up broken glass off the patio.

Ditto, shoe laces

Ditto, fasteners on your duvet - they don't make a blind bit of difference.

Buelligan

Only murderers have patios, seepage.  Only children have plastic drinking receptacles.  These are the pillars of a civilised society.

seepage

But riddle me this: I don't remember murdering anyone; I have a patio [is "decking" the same thing?], I do have a plastic drinking receptacle, but I'm not a child.

Weird, innit?

Buelligan

Sherringford Hovis

A 'Civilisation' non-alcoholic punch:

Pop open a Rockstar Xdurance Blueberry Pomegranate 500ml can.
Stir to de-carbonate and refrigerate overnight. For breakfast, in a 2-pint glass or stein, mix with a can of Nurishment then add a Berocca or similar effervescent vitamin tablet. Down as quickly as possible.
45 minutes later, your stream of piss will glow an ethereal ochre akin to Rey's lightsaber and boast similar cauterising capability if splashed on exposed flesh; some imbibers will be able to travel between dimensions, or forward/back in time, depending on the flavour of Nurishment employed.

shiftwork2

Gin and tonic.  What's better than a gin and tonic in the alcohol firmament?

chveik

an internal bleeding on the rocks please bartender

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on July 21, 2021, 12:54:21 AM
A 'Civilisation' non-alcoholic punch:

Pop open a Rockstar Xdurance Blueberry Pomegranate 500ml can.
Stir to de-carbonate and refrigerate overnight. For breakfast, in a 2-pint glass or stein, mix with a can of Nurishment then add a Berocca or similar effervescent vitamin tablet. Down as quickly as possible.
45 minutes later, your stream of piss will glow an ethereal ochre akin to Rey's lightsaber and boast similar cauterising capability if splashed on exposed flesh; some imbibers will be able to travel between dimensions, or forward/back in time, depending on the flavour of Nurishment employed.

Seeing Nurishment reminds me I want to try Guinness Punch.