Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB IRL

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, November 28, 2021, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

I think that one originated in one of Shoulders' posts.  Maybe about a friend or housemate who wasn't bothered that there was a hurricane because he wanted to go out and get some - wait for it - cigarettes.

Edit - I went hunting, and it comes from some comics by Goldentony.  So not Shoulders, and no hurricane-braving housemate.  Unless the comics were inspired by the event in question.

vanilla.coffee

In conversation where I'm describing people being cunty I'll refer to them as basketball heads.

Goldentony

Quote from: Cerys on November 30, 2021, 05:29:58 AMI think that one originated in one of Shoulders' posts.  Maybe about a friend or housemate who wasn't bothered that there was a hurricane because he wanted to go out and get some - wait for it - cigarettes.

Edit - I went hunting, and it comes from some comics by Goldentony.  So not Shoulders, and no hurricane-braving housemate.  Unless the comics were inspired by the event in question.

yeah arsed cigs were me and shoulders just chatting, was gonna be a bloke going to the moon, hurricane etc and just fucking off in the middle to go for a smoke and killing everyone accidentally or another one where he was on the toll road bit of the motorway, fuck knows at this point if it was inspired by anything real. I hope so. Might redraw these now i've got better at biros.

Yeah it also became shorthand for not being fucked about something which is good, often say 'cigs' to myself instead of arsed. Sometimes motion to a shop that isnt really there.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I fancy Jodie Comer in real life, too.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 30, 2021, 05:02:13 AMI think that'll do. :-)

As always, I'm indebted. Listen fella, I hope Neil gives you at least a per diem if not a laqer and a wank-off for your services as forum archivist.

Laqer was birthed four years to the day after the 9/11, then. That chap was extremely disrespectful for gifting Balls o' Steel to us.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 30, 2021, 05:02:13 AMSixteen years ago, when the forum was giving infamous Channel 4 prank show Balls of Steel a well-deserved kicking, one, if not two, of the creators turned up, and this is what they said (my bold):

Oof, they'd got the measure of us, hadn't they. 16 years ago! Could have been written today.

Shoulders' Legend Gary has been used in my family for years now and my daughter's colleagues in the hospitality industry where LGs are often seen in their natural habitat, use it too.

Cerys

Quote from: Goldentony on November 30, 2021, 07:02:20 AMyeah arsed cigs were me and shoulders just chatting, was gonna be a bloke going to the moon, hurricane etc and just fucking off in the middle to go for a smoke and killing everyone accidentally or another one where he was on the toll road bit of the motorway, fuck knows at this point if it was inspired by anything real. I hope so. Might redraw these now i've got better at biros.

This must happen.  No pressure or anything  - it just has to be done.

QuoteYeah it also became shorthand for not being fucked about something which is good, often say 'cigs' to myself instead of arsed. Sometimes motion to a shop that isnt really there.

Heh - I do the motioning thing too.

mothman

I often feel like using "arsed, mate, cigs" but don't because it's not the way I talk and I don't smoke so it'd cause even more confusion than you'd expect.

Norton Canes

'AIDS tier' to describe anything on telly I don't like

Barry Admin

'AIDS tier' to describe the new forced meme this thread has inspired 😩

Jittlebags

Going 'Not looking good for him/her' whilst watching the Halloween films back to back with Mrs J recently.

Attila

Not sure if it counts, but we have a portrait of each cat done in the style of Heroic Hans, by the same artist who did Hans's portrait. Getting those sorted was inspired by the whole Hans phenomenon.

Cerys

Oh, it counts.  It would count even more if you provided photos done in the style of the original.

touchingcloth

I always have that Hulk portrait behind me, wherever I go.

flotemysost

The Lurker

Quote from: flotemysost on November 28, 2021, 08:04:09 PMChalk me up as another who says "dead soon" quite a lot. Once, years ago, a mate and I said it at the same time then looked at each other in an "err..." sort of way.

Oh God, that reminds me of the time I said it to a group of people forgetting I wasn't on the internet. I got the most horrified looks and a response of "you can't say things like that, you could be dead soon!". I am still alive and well though so the joke's on them.

flotemysost

Ha, I suspect said mate may have been of this parish (at some point anyway, or at least been aware of it).

I have noticed my IRL use of the word cunt has skyrocketed since being on here, which I should probably review.