Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What Hill Would You Die On?

Started by Dr Rock, November 30, 2021, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

Quote from: icehaven on December 01, 2021, 03:03:30 PMI've also been told by several "drivers" that when on the motorway you have to do the speed limit, in which case why are there fast and slow lanes, because technically everyone should be doing the speed limit (whatever it is) and anyone doing more or less is breaking the law? Or are they bullshitting me?

Completely bullshitting you. Or at best offering an opinion that happens to be wrong.

As mentioned, lorries limit on M-ways is 60mph (40 on A-roads, speed freaks). Cars don't need to do 70 if they don't want to. The cops might pull you for dangerous driving if you go as slow as 30mph but there's no set lower limit. Unless that is you see a white number in a blue circle which does set a minimum speed (eg in dartford tunnel, it's 20mph), but these are pretty rare.

The point about the middle lane is that you use it to go past and then go back left. The problem with this is when there are so many lorries there's no space left in the left lane, so people stay in the middle lane. Under those circs, that's fair enough.

Fr.Bigley

The vote should be removed from anyone who's been around long enough to become bitter about NOTHING

I'm talking to you boomer bastards that had it all, and threw it away because you were terrified some polish plumber would steal your job in the civil service you were vastly unqualified/incompetant for. To all the flag shaggers yearning for something that hadn't ever existed. To reap the rewards off the backs of your parents work and then have the gaul to say to your kids "it's the work ethic" despite a gig economy where most highly educated people are working 50 hours or zero hours in a gig economy your generation rallied for with your selling out.

You cunts need an aptitude test for democracy like a pensioner needs a driving assessment from the DVLA

Dr Rock

Better, everyone gets one vote, but if you can prove you understand politics, economics,sociology, history etc, and have a wide knowledge  of current events, you get more than one vote, Not sure how many more but for instance I reckon I (and most people here, not popcorn obv) should get at least ten votes. Democracy isn't fucking finished!

Johnny Foreigner

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 01, 2021, 08:50:21 PMBetter, everyone gets one vote, but if you can prove you understand politics, economics,sociology, history etc, and have a wide knowledge  of current events, you get more than one vote, Not sure how many more but for instance I reckon I (and most people here, not popcorn obv) should get at least ten votes. Democracy isn't fucking finished!

JS Mill said the same thing over 150 years ago. It's rather a long struggle.

chveik

Hex Triplet

"Food" is shit as fuck, and the sooner we are able to get all of our nutrients and vitamins from either injecting them, ramming them up arse or suckling from bespoke communal udders, the better. Imagine a world where no one is wanking on about spices or what torque of saucepan they have. Bliss. Cardboard, tasteless, perfunctory, unerotic bliss.

Cuellar

Quote from: Hex Triplet on December 01, 2021, 10:20:29 PM"Food" is shit as fuck, and the sooner we are able to get all of our nutrients and vitamins from either injecting them, ramming them up arse or suckling from bespoke communal udders, the better. Imagine a world where no one is wanking on about spices or what torque of saucepan they have. Bliss. Cardboard, tasteless, perfunctory, unerotic bliss.

This is paradise

Johnny Foreigner

Football is lowbrow entertainment for morons with aggression issues.

Cloud

Quote from: Hex Triplet on December 01, 2021, 10:20:29 PM"Food" is shit as fuck, and the sooner we are able to get all of our nutrients and vitamins from either injecting them, ramming them up arse or suckling from bespoke communal udders, the better. Imagine a world where no one is wanking on about spices or what torque of saucepan they have. Bliss. Cardboard, tasteless, perfunctory, unerotic bliss.

Sounds like you'd like Huel!

*runs away*

Bence Fekete

Like when they used to give you stickers at the dentist for being good boy, for every cancer/death diagnosis you should get an unlimited supply of entheogens as a compensatory prize.

The prize of death: mushrooms, LSD, DMT, 5-Meo, HPBCD DMT, DXM, Mescaline, Ket and a replenishing cannabis machine the size of two large fish tanks.   

QDRPHNC

Cuellar

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on December 01, 2021, 10:30:17 PMFootball is lowbrow entertainment for morons with aggression issues.

I wouldn't say I agree with this, but I went to a Vanarama National League South game the other weekend because my brother follows Dulwich Hamlet and they were playing my local team so he came up for the day.

Now I know Dulwich Hamlet fans have a reputation that they lean into, but the amount of, for want of better words, wet-looking South London hipster nerds absolutely BELLOWING abuse at the opposition team, spittle flying everywhere despite the pandemic, was frankly embarrassing and pathetic. The base libidinal need to belong to some sort of tribe and then get angry at anyone who isn't part of that tribe. Feeble fucking idiots.

But they seem to enjoy it, so what do I know.

Endicott

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

That arsehole is an objectively better word than asshole, despite the latter's increasing ubiquity.

Arsehill.

popcorn

Capitalising black or white (as in the skin colour) - eg "a Black woman" - is political correctness gone mad.

Johnny Yesno

William. Because I might get a six.

Johnny Foreigner

Quote from: Cuellar on December 03, 2021, 01:01:43 PMNow I know Dulwich Hamlet fans have a reputation that they lean into, but the amount of, for want of better words, wet-looking South London hipster nerds absolutely BELLOWING abuse at the opposition team, spittle flying everywhere despite the pandemic, was frankly embarrassing and pathetic. The base libidinal need to belong to some sort of tribe and then get angry at anyone who isn't part of that tribe. Feeble fucking idiots.

But they seem to enjoy it, so what do I know.

Football should be like snooker. No shouting, no rowdiness at all; just carefully calculated passes and polite applause in the event of a goal being scored. All them histrionics make the game undignified and immensely irritating. Surely, anyone can see that a game involving an incessant background roar and clowning about when points are scored is deeply uncivilised.