Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red food colouring

Started by The Mollusk, December 01, 2021, 11:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Mate, it's made out of crushed fucking beetles. What the fuck.

Was planning on making a rainbow cake at some point this week just for a fuckin laugh like. Now the laughter has turned to screams. Got a tiny bottle of liquefied bugs on my kitchen worktop. I know it's not actual literal blood but that's all I can think of looking at it now.

WHY

imitationleather

One day all food will be crushed beetles. Get used to it.

bgmnts

Yup. Cochineal, lanolin, gelatine, fish innards, baby cow stomach lining. All used.

The Mollusk

Quote from: bgmnts on December 01, 2021, 11:40:30 AMYup. Cochineal, lanolin, gelatine, fish innards, baby cow stomach lining. All used.

Actually all the colours of the rainbow there in itself. No need for the other dyes in my cake.

If it were big enough, a beetle wouldn't hesitate for one second to crush you to use as food colouring. Think of this as a pre-emptive strike.

Dex Sawash

Not even the best colour in the beetles

Captain Z

Everything's made out of something.

idunnosomename

Get a load of this load of babies whining the paprika extract version made their red velvet cake brown. Or green! Who fuckin cares

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/284863563

shoulders

I saw a vegan thing which was red, convincingly red, so beetles can be taken out of the process now, cheers.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: imitationleather on December 01, 2021, 11:28:24 AMOne day all food will be crushed beetles. Get used to it.

They made a film out of it.

Quote from: shoulders on December 01, 2021, 12:56:47 PMI saw a vegan thing which was red, convincingly red, so beetles can be taken out of the process now, cheers.

Fuck that. We're apex predators, mate. Top of the fucking food chain. Get it killed and get it down you.

idunnosomename

I wonder if you collected enough of those little red spider mites that run about on window sills you could colour your cakes for free

thenoise

My mum used to buy dull coloured "smarties" from the health food shop. The "red" ones were a dull shade of pink, coloured with beetroot apparently.

Sadly the chocolate filling was made of "carob", which tastes like actual human shit.

The Mollusk

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 01, 2021, 01:06:41 PMI wonder if you collected enough of those little red spider mites that run about on window sills you could colour your cakes for free

What makes you think they'll work for free?

Sebastian Cobb

Or that red cum they had on that metallica album

JamesTC

My aunt once made me a TARDIS cake and I shat blue.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JamesTC on December 01, 2021, 01:47:50 PMMy aunt once made me a TARDIS cake and I shat blue.

Disappointing ending to that sentence. Was hoping for '...on a dinosaur.'

boki

Is it still not vegetarian if you use your own blood?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 01, 2021, 11:20:13 AMI know it's not actual literal blood but that's all I can think of looking at it now.

I can tell you're disappointed. Chin up: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1083007.stm

shiftwork2

E127 also makes it hard for those people on low Iodine diets.  They basically have to avoid anything unnaturally red (glace cherries, chicken tikka masala, Glebe's red-raw bellend).

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 01, 2021, 11:20:13 AMMate, it's made out of crushed fucking beetles. What the fuck.

what the fuck

Beagle 2

They're asking for it, going out dressed like that.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I thought we were all meant to be eating insects now to save the planet or something. Thought you'd be dead into it.

the science eel

wait til you find out what they make the BLUE out of of

of

JesusAndYourBush

I was under the impression they'd found a non-beatley substitute for red food colouring about 3 or 4 decades ago.  Is that not the case then?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: JamesTC on December 01, 2021, 01:47:50 PMMy aunt once made me a TARDIS cake and I shat blue.

I once made roast beetroot soup and I pissed and shat bright red for a few days.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 01, 2021, 04:11:09 PMI was under the impression they'd found a non-beatley substitute for red food colouring about 3 or 4 decades ago.  Is that not the case then?

Perhaps they've still not made it cheaper.

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 01, 2021, 12:14:20 PMNot even the best colour in the beetles

Laughed.

Beetroot powder is the vegetarian way to make things bright fucking red. It is to red what turmeric is to yellow.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on December 01, 2021, 05:24:23 PMBeetroot powder is the vegetarian way to make things bright fucking red. It is to red what turmeric is to yellow.

Does it taste of beetroot though? I want to make a cake that tastes sweet, not like the fucking shitty ass dirt all full of worms and that.