Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Holly Willoughby stuns

Started by Porky, December 02, 2021, 12:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb_dog

Get your free Holly Willobooby razor kit for £4

non capisco

Quote from: flotemysost on December 02, 2021, 08:35:50 PMMy favourite of these is Peter Kay Is So Skinny Now And Looks Gorgeous, We Can't Stop Staring. I know there's a few variations on that template, but the idea of someone actually being so transfixed by a newly lissom Peter Kay that they can't tear their gaze away, walking into lampposts and through traffic, mesmerised, just really tickles me.

Can't find it now but I saw one a few years ago that said something like "10 celebrity drug transformations that will shock you" with a photo of Chris O'Dowd next to a photo of Shane MacGowan.

Porky

MEGAN STUNS DAILY MAIL REPORTER

TommyTurnips

I saw one of these once that said "why you should always put a plastic bottle on your car tyre when parked". I didn't click the link but checked snopes and apparently the link takes you to a car maintenance tips page that doesn't even mention a plastic bottle on the tyre. I can only assume that most of these click bait ads work in a similar bait and switch manner.

Fambo Number Mive

It's interesting how many "reputable" media outlets make money from these bullshit clickbait ads at the bottom of their stories. I suppose it's a reflection of how difficult it is for much of the media to make money.

pigamus

Why can't they just say you have to watch X amount of adverts to watch/read Y amount of content? Wouldn't that make far more sense as a system? Then you wouldn't have to piss about with ad blockers

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: TommyTurnips on December 05, 2021, 10:38:11 AMI saw one of these once that said "why you should always put a plastic bottle on your car tyre when parked". I didn't click the link but checked snopes and apparently the link takes you to a car maintenance tips page that doesn't even mention a plastic bottle on the tyre. I can only assume that most of these click bait ads work in a similar bait and switch manner.

Is that so it doesn't roll back if you've forgotten to put the handbrake on or something? I don't get why you'd put a bottle there.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 05, 2021, 04:53:22 PMIs that so it doesn't roll back if you've forgotten to put the handbrake on or something? I don't get why you'd put a bottle there.

An empty or full plastic bottle on a tyre isn't going to stop you rolling back. It was just a bit of bait and switch internet rubbish. A load of fiddlesticks and flap doodle.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bottle-tires-parked/

kalowski

This was a personal favourite
QuoteThe Reason Why Honey Dippers Exist Will Blow Your Mind...
They were invented in ancient China to keep honey from making a mess whenever you dip it out
Mind not quite blown...

Dex Sawash

Quote from: TommyTurnips on December 05, 2021, 05:10:15 PMAn empty or full plastic bottle on a tyre isn't going to stop you rolling back. It was just a bit of bait and switch internet rubbish. A load of fiddlesticks and flap doodle.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bottle-tires-parked/

I clicked through those 72 slides a few weeks ago and confirm the bottle wedged in tire was missing. Googled and ended up on that snopes page. I did find r/savedyouaclick which summarizes clickbaits.

72 uses for pool noodles is a good one though. It seems they have resilient properties in adition to flotation so you can fuck pad things with them.

15 stars you didn't know were gay. Number 9 will alarm you!

JesusAndYourBush

Is the bottle on the tyre so the clampers have to remove the bottle to put the clamp on, and them removing the bottle means they've tampered with your property meaning they acted illegally, or something?

Blumf

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 05, 2021, 11:50:53 PM15 stars you didn't know were gay. Number 9 will alarm you!

Zeta Geminorum? Bet Rigel is on the list too, we all know!

Dex Sawash

Not sure if this goes here or CaB irl

40 things boomers won't give up, #2 cable tv packages

Chiropodists hate her! Holly's Athlete's Foot secret revealed!

JaDanketies

Enough people Google "what is Holly Willoughby wearing on This Morning" every day for it to be a little SEO cottage industry. Get some affiliate links on your blog, dig out whatever Holly Willoughby's wearing, and bingo bango, untold wealth. Except for someone already got there before you.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 06, 2021, 12:03:57 AMIs the bottle on the tyre so the clampers have to remove the bottle to put the clamp on, and them removing the bottle means they've tampered with your property meaning they acted illegally, or something?

Clampers hate her for using this one weird trick to avoid parking tickets. But they can't stop her!

Johnny Foreigner

So, is this a television person or something?

Psybro

Why Hollywood Won't Cast Holly Willoughby Any More

Hollywoodoughby

Butchers Blind

Philip Schofield won't have sex with Holly Willoughby, and here's why.

Johnny Yesno

Holly Willoughby, a chainsaw and Philip Schofield's skin. The life hack that is leaving unsuspecting travellers in bits.

TommyTurnips

The general public thought that prince Phillip was dead, but on the day of his funeral they discovered that he was staying alive by using this one weird trick. Coroners hate him!

Icehaven

Quote from: TommyTurnips on December 05, 2021, 10:38:11 AMI saw one of these once that said "why you should always put a plastic bottle on your car tyre when parked". I didn't click the link but checked snopes and apparently the link takes you to a car maintenance tips page that doesn't even mention a plastic bottle on the tyre. I can only assume that most of these click bait ads work in a similar bait and switch manner.

Yep I saw a similar one about putting a cardboard toilet roll under the toilet seat or something, but in the actual article there was no mention of said 'hack'. And even when there actually is they're still frequently ridiculous, "Why Mums are gluing pennies to their kid's shoes" eventually reveals they're doing so to stop them skidding on ice, although no one is actually doing this and even if they were it wouldn't work.

JaDanketies

Quote from: icehaven on December 08, 2021, 03:17:58 PM"Why Mums are gluing pennies to their kid's shoes"

"Cause lifelong problems to your child's gait and muscular-skeletal development with this one easy trick!"

Johnny Yesno

Why Holly Willoughby is gluing penises to kids shoes.

JamesTC

My new favourite clickbait is this YouTube channel's thumbnails which disguise some pretty pedestrian and unexciting recipes by showing stuff like beer being poured onto a stack of raw chicken thighs in a tiny pan:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuRbnfyS-Ht5IIh_hulEMgw

THE FOOD POISONING YOU'D GET OFF OF THIS WILL SHOCK YOU

Gordon the Gopher breaks silence on what REALLY happened in the broom cupboard.

*photo of Schofield ashen faced*

seepage

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on December 10, 2021, 12:53:16 PMMy new favourite clickbait is this YouTube channel's thumbnails which disguise some pretty pedestrian and unexciting recipes by showing stuff like beer being poured onto a stack of raw chicken thighs in a tiny pan:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuRbnfyS-Ht5IIh_hulEMgw

THE FOOD POISONING YOU'D GET OFF OF THIS WILL SHOCK YOU

It's like the voice of the ship's computer in some video game or other. "WARNING WARNING: toilet paper supply is running critically low"

Psybro

I watched twenty seconds of one of those and enjoyed the contrast between the quiet, soothing female voice and the chopping/grating being apparently captured by a mic inside the knife itself turned up to 20.

It makes me sad when YouTubers I like such as Ryan George use shitty thumbnails for algorithm purposes which are obscure to me, but I guess it's like how I was sure I'd hate The Inbetweeners based on the obnoxious C4 trailers and bookending segments.