Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In praise of the Polski sklep

Started by Catalogue of ills, December 02, 2021, 01:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rack and peanut

Quote from: The Ombudsman on December 02, 2021, 09:38:36 PMI love the Jaffa Cake style things with blueberry and raspberry fillings.

Was going to post these but I can't remember how to spell their name! Deliszkie or summat.

Quote from: badaids on December 02, 2021, 07:52:41 PMNo one has mentioned the amazing Kielbasa sausages, and the best Polish food ever which is Bigos.

I can't recommend the jarred bigos because once you've had a homemade one, they taste shite.

Whilst you'll never beat one that's been made in a big cauldron by a Polish grandmother, this one by the Hairy Bikers is pretty good:

https://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/bigos-stew

Gurke and Hare

shoulders

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on December 03, 2021, 09:48:01 AMI can't recommend the jarred bigos because once you've had a homemade one, they taste shite.

Whilst you'll never beat one that's been made in a big cauldron by a Polish grandmother, this one by the Hairy Bikers is pretty good:

https://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/bigos-stew

I'll vouch for this it's great.

I like the Bikers' approach to cooking books in general, it's inauthentic, basically "rough engineering" but is always tasty as fuck and doesn't stress you out with "where can I find that?" and if you want to try something new that's great, you can always refine it later, or not bother if it's great anyway (like their bigos and goan lamb vindaloo).

Fr.Bigley

The big garlic sausage and pierogi are noteworthy foods indeed. I'm fat enough, I need no Sklep near my house.