Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brave American Rozzer

Started by robhug, December 02, 2021, 02:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robhug

Just heard about then saw this pretty incredible footage of classic American policing. Shooting a guy dead who was in a wheelchair for potential shoplifting- No murder charge, but he did get fired.

If the copper had his time again could he just put a stinger down or shoot out the tyres?

The only way he's going to get properly punished is if the story gets too big for them to ignore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rngerMY-WS8

Ferris

How is that anything except murder?

Warning - that video is pretty explicit so err... be aware.

Shit Good Nose

You can clearly see him trying to speed into that warehouse full of one person at up to 4mph, so who knows what damage he could've done.  Plus what look suspiciously like spliffs on the floor.  Totally justified in my opinion.

touchingcloth

There's a thin blue line between us and these wheelie cunts, thank god.

Rainbow Moses

And handcuffed his obviously lifeless body... just for good measure, I guess?

I've no doubt that this is part of their training since they clearly do this all on reflex. Lazy, entitled, sub-IQ drones.

Ferris

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on December 02, 2021, 03:28:55 PMAnd handcuffed his obviously lifeless body... just for good measure, I guess?

I've no doubt that this is part of their training since they clearly do this all on reflex. Lazy, entitled, sub-IQ drones.

The copper who shot him 9 times then said "I'll get my [first aid kit]" while the other fires one more shot then arrests his corpse was some fine police work Lou.

robhug

Just think - the next time he shoots someone, he could get arrested.

Blumf

Civilian in cone of officers aim too.

Wonderful Butternut

That's incredible, even by the lofty standards police forces in the US set. Couldn't even restrain himself to shooting him once (obviously that would also be unacceptable), but he has to unload the entire magazine into him. Does he think the guy is a cyborg or something? I especially love the little pause between the second last and last shots. Like he's thinking "oh well, might as well use the last bullet. In for a penny, in for a pound." I'm surprised he didn't reload and go again.

Fucking bastards.

Ferris

Most police departments use Glock 17s as standard issue, they have a 17 round magazine capacity so maybe he was saving ammo in case another 61 year old in a wheelchair drove towards him at high very low speeds. I imagine the final shot was "if he survives he could sue us so err don't want that".

Separately, some of the coverage of this incident is incredible.

His police union lawyer is putting out statements that the suspect "fled the scene" at 3mph in his wheelchair and the officer "had no choice" but to use lethal force as he drove slowly into a garden centre. The cop will sue the police department for firing him so there's some more public money into the furnace.

It's mad. How could anyone defend this, honestly? I think there will have to be criminal charges because this is as clear cut and egregious as it comes.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on December 02, 2021, 03:28:55 PMAnd handcuffed his obviously lifeless body... just for good measure, I guess?

Isn't the biggest issue that the US police force receive pretty much no training whatsoever?

At least in the UK they teach the police proper riot baton technique and how to distinguish the goodies and the baddies using classic deductive reasoning (ie are they foreign and/or poor?).

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Inspector Norse on December 02, 2021, 04:30:23 PMIsn't the biggest issue that the US police force receive pretty much no training whatsoever?

At least in the UK they teach the police proper riot baton technique and how to distinguish the goodies and the baddies using classic deductive reasoning (ie are they foreign and/or poor?).

I completely accept that proper training is an essential part of any law enforcement agency, but if you need training to know you shouldn't shoot a man moving slowly away from you in a wheelchair 9 times, then you might not be suitable for a career as a police officer regardless what training you do and don't receive.

I'm inclined to conclude that there may be issues with the quality of the vetting before they get the badge and the monitoring once they're in the job.

There's also the general question of whether letting basically everyone and anyone have a gun cos "MUH RIGHTS!" contributes to making police officers in the US into paranoid, trigger happy lunatics.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on December 02, 2021, 04:17:25 PMI especially love the little pause between the second last and last shots.

I have to say, despite the utter horror of the whole thing, this made me laugh out loud because of its sheer comic timing. i also kept picturing the guy on the wheelchair as Rich Evans playing Mr Plinkett

im terrible I know

Mister Six

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

Hm, was that enough?

BANG

Okay, now I'll get me cuffs out.

poo

Butchers Blind

Wow, look at that dead bastard

bgmnts

Half the comments are the same old "ive been a cop 10 years and never have I ever seen something so unjust" blah blah. I mean, like all of us you surely see the constant abuses of power by various law enforcement agencies shared on social media. The George Floyd thing only recently happened.

I guess it's a bloke in a wheelchair which makes it a bit more incredible but I dunno. Just weird shitheads.

Crenners

Can't be too careful. Maybe he thought the wheelie was like the pram in Lone Wolf and Cub.

Glebe

Fucking hell, should have heeded the 'viewer discretion' warning. That is just shocking and horrific. It's probably hoping against hope that the cop face charges for this.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Glebe on December 02, 2021, 08:14:58 PMFucking hell, should have heeded the 'viewer discretion' warning. That is just shocking and horrific. It's probably hoping against hope that the cop face charges for this.

I got fucked over with one of these the other day, some domestic where a step-father shoots some kid's father in an argument after he was trying to pick up his son.

'viewer discretion' does seem a bit vauge.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh this explains it

I was in a garage earlier this evening buying delicious junk food and there was a Garda in full uniform ahead of me in the queue, back to me, shiny handcuffs on the back of his belt, and all of a sudden I imagined myself kicking the back of his knees to buckle him and then grabbing him in a rear naked choke. Just out of nowhere.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 02, 2021, 05:37:06 PMI have to say, despite the utter horror of the whole thing, this made me laugh out loud because of its sheer comic timing. i also kept picturing the guy on the wheelchair as Rich Evans playing Mr Plinkett

im terrible I know

I, personally, was distracted by the lady police officer responding sounding * exactly* like Cheyanne  from offa " Suprstore". I , too, am terrible.

The video is beyond horrific, obviously.

Ferris

Not worth another thread really (and how grim is that) but it looks like the parents in the Michigan school shooting are being prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter.

They bought their son a firearm, and dismissed reports (including a teacher worried that he was trying to buy ammo on a school computer), and lots of violent imagery and notes like "the thoughts won't stop". It is so egregious, even Americans are thinking "oh bit far that, mate".

Maybe they'll finally get federal safe storage laws like 85%+ of the population want.

Ferris

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Ferris on December 03, 2021, 10:00:15 PMThey bought their son a firearm

I can't come up with a suitable sequence of letters to type in order to represent the exasperated noises I'm making in response to that.

He's fucking 15. Even if you love guns so much that you have sex with them, that's a terrible idea.

Ferris

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on December 03, 2021, 10:12:07 PMI can't come up with a suitable sequence of letters to type in order to represent the exasperated noises I'm making in response to that.

He's fucking 15. Even if you love guns so much that you have sex with them, that's a terrible idea.

To save everyone's blood pressure I didn't post the full findings of the DA filing charges but it's sort of laughably egregious.

chveik

Sebastian Cobb

probably should've pistol-whipped him more or something

Wonderful Butternut

Blumf

"LOL I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."*