Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:47:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Defunctland video about queuing and whatnot

Started by H-O-W-L, December 02, 2021, 08:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Not promoting, but I felt I'd share this vid (more of a full length documentary really) because it's fascinating. I'm not a fan of Disney (infact I find theme parks disgustin') but Defunctland always does really good in-depth looks at the history of their parks, and this video is astronomical in its intrigue and production value. Real scary late-stage capitalism shit.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Oh I watched that on the big telly when it came out. Really excellent video.

BritishHobo

Yeah, I really enjoyed this, very engaging stuff. Great to get a peek behind the curtain at how it all works. From everything I've read, the Disneyland/World experience seems increasingly to be becoming a mad bloated nightmare.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 02, 2021, 11:31:33 PMFrom everything I've read, the Disneyland/World experience seems increasingly to be becoming a mad bloated nightmare.

Yeah, it's genuinely scary because it, like this video says, basically seems to be a monster that eats people and wastes hundreds of quid and ruins their holidays.

buttgammon

Despite having little or no interest in theme parks, I love these videos. The Action Park one is predictably great, but I also really liked the Nickelodeon Hotel one.