Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,363
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

those machine-generated art things

Started by Menyatta Zondatta, December 06, 2021, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Been seeing a lot of these recently, where you enter a prompt and it churns out a picture suited to it. Tried it experimentally with 'cookdandbombd' and voila!

https://imgur.com/a/bPyGxI5

Not a lot of blue, but it does look like a microwave dinner for one, so I'm forced to admit these things know their stuff. So what do we think. harmless distraction? Or the downfall of art as we know it?

DJ Bob Hoskins

Can't believe it's been 20 years since them slags smashed into some baked potatoes it still freaks my nut out to this day.

thenoise

Like most artificial "intelligence", I don't think professionals need worry yet. Or even amateurs.
Scare stories since the 60s but machines remain annoying, slow, stupid, limited and annoying.

The "artwork" is shit.

Tikwid

Quote from: thenoise on December 06, 2021, 04:54:52 PMLike most artificial "intelligence", I don't think professionals need worry yet. Or even amateurs.
Scare stories since the 60s but machines remain annoying, slow, stupid, limited and annoying.

The "artwork" is shit.
The HS Art thread for AI art says otherwise - the pictures generated there (mostly through https://neuralblender.com/) still have an abstract quality to them, but to my eye they're a lot more recognisable as what you've typed in than the odd, flaky images that wombo.art generates. Probably generates more accurate looking Noel Edmondses too

mothman

Fucking Twitter is full of these bloody things. One of the two things I wish I could auto-block right now, along with anyone twatting on about NFTs.

olliebean

My current avatar is AI generated, fwiw. I used something called VQGAN+CLIP on Google Colab - some info about it here, although it seems a lot slower and a bit harder to get working than it used to be.

The Bumlord

Quote from: Tikwid on December 06, 2021, 07:50:52 PMThe HS Art thread for AI art says otherwise - the pictures generated there (mostly through https://neuralblender.com/) still have an abstract quality to them, but to my eye they're a lot more recognisable as what you've typed in than the odd, flaky images that wombo.art generates. Probably generates more accurate looking Noel Edmondses too

Ooh I dunno, I find Wombo much quicker and it gives good Edmonds.

thenoise

They're all terrible, if it wasn't for the novelty of them being made by A so-called I. I created dozens of images like that farting about with photoshop 20 years ago, and none of them were worth sharing either.