Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joanson as Policeman

Started by Icehaven, December 06, 2021, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Twit 2

Excellent pun.

Hope they send out BJ on grim missions and he develops severe PTSD.

jobotic

Looking for a women's vigil so he can crack some heads.

Catalogue of ills

Domestic violence call out? Right up my street.

Butchers Blind

Coming to Ch5 this December a new cop drama - "Johnson".
He doesn't play by the rules and he doesn't get results.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Butchers Blind on December 06, 2021, 08:18:22 PMComing to Ch5 this December a new cop drama - "Johnson".
He doesn't play by the rules and he doesn't get results.

Johnson, you're off the case!
But I-I-I-I was only moments away from levelling up the cracking down we were going to give these oiks, I mean er, ruffians. I-I-I believe it was Arthur Conan-Doyle, the inventor of the great British detective Sherlock Holmes, who once said that...  or maybe it was Marcus Aurelius...
JOHNSON!!!!!

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on December 06, 2021, 08:23:39 PMJohnson, you're off the case!
But I-I-I-I was only moments away from levelling up the cracking down we were going to give these oiks, I mean er, ruffians. I-I-I believe it was Arthur Conan-Doyle, the inventor of the great British detective Sherlock Holmes, who once said that...  or maybe it was Marcus Aurelius...
JOHNSON!!!!!

[waves fist about] Hmm, that usually works

Kankurette

I'm just here for the thread title.

PlanktonSideburns

Looks line a goth garden gnome

Buelligan

I'd love to make the cunt chase me.  Round and round until he fell down dead.

Kankurette

I'm amazed he went into Liverpool dressed as a policeman and came out alive.

shoulders

I hope this absolute fucking cunt dies in front of his family

Glebe

Enzo

I did see a tweet yesterday evening of him arriving in Liverpool and people wondering why he was there.

Of course he thought it would be the perfect place to gurn in front the cameras while bluffing about drug crime.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 06, 2021, 08:06:22 PMExcellent pun.

Quote from: Kankurette on December 06, 2021, 09:10:08 PMI'm just here for the thread title.

I thought I was being thick but I have to say I've never heard of
Spoiler alert
Joan As Police Woman
[close]

Jittlebags

Even when his face is 3/4 covered, he still looks shifty, like he's knocked one off into his grandmother's teapot

idunnosomename

he really is a fucking awful cunt isnt he

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 07, 2021, 12:06:56 AMI thought I was being thick but I have to say I've never heard of
Spoiler alert
Joan As Police Woman
[close]

Nor have I - I thought it was some weird 'Allo 'Allo allusion!

DrGreggles

Retinend

Joan as Policewoman is essential indie pop. Hang your heads, not-pun-getters.

Johnny Yesno

In my experience, 'essential' rarely means good when it comes to culture.

Paul Calf

In this case, it's the derivative, decaying end of indie pop so yeah.

Retinend

Paul Calf

Er...not really. Indie pop was new and relevant for about three years months in the early 90s and even then it was largely Beatles/Cure/The Who tribute acts. Since then everybody with a guitar and a singing voice has claimed to be indie rock/pop. Music has moved on, despite the efforts of the Camden Town posse to retard its progress.

Retinend

In my opinion, good music is still good regardless of when it was made 🤷

"Joan as Policewoman: worth checking out if you like indie pop", was all I was trying to say

Paul Calf

Quote from: Retinend on December 07, 2021, 09:39:14 AMIn my opinion, good music is still good regardless of when it was made 🤷

Is that you, dad? ;)

Quote"Joan as Policewoman: worth checking out if you like indie pop", was all I was trying to say

Fair enough. I'll have a listen.

Cuellar

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 07, 2021, 12:06:56 AMI thought I was being thick but I have to say I've never heard of Joan As Police Woman

...but you do love you some Angie Dickinson?