Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best tag

Started by Backstage With Slowdive, November 03, 2007, 12:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who broke your heart?

You did you did
8 (17%)
Well, ok, so long as it's one for blokes, like.
2 (4.3%)
What? Be a real man and hope it goes away!
2 (4.3%)
Chap's dick more like, eh lads?
8 (17%)
I fucked a cat and I liked it, the taste of that Jelly chap's dick
3 (6.4%)
my nuts ache (anagram)
3 (6.4%)
It's totally unacceptable, unless accompanied by a ladybox.
0 (0%)
Use of lipsalve or lip balm is addictive. Once you start you are unable to stop using it or your lips will become intolerably dry. If you do not start using it then your lips will adjust to the colder conditions and will soon no longer be dry.
2 (4.3%)
ADOLF NAMBLA PAEDOPHILE 2000 goes to work with bright red lips after embarrassing bathroom cabinet mix-up
3 (6.4%)
It should be compulsory.  Compulsory!
3 (6.4%)
Chopstick, not chapstick.
0 (0%)
Safety in numbers bullying
7 (14.9%)
Clanger's testicles
3 (6.4%)
Mary Ellen Moffat
1 (2.1%)
Someone talking about me in tags, and a sharp edge on a rusk.
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Backstage With Slowdive

In the "Great 70s films" thread in Picture Box, someone has added the tag "a list of films from a particular decade".

I'm sorry, but it just made me a giggle a great deal.

Part Chimp

Most disturbing was this, from the Bangles thread in Stereo Excursions (and yes, its a real site):

http://tcraymondmentionsthegoodies.blogspot.com/

Stop the madness!

shiftwork2

In the de Menezes thread someone tagged "Comin' over 'ere with their nuts and waxes" which made me laugh for about 10 mins.  Thank you whoever it was.

Geraint

the 'marvin piking' thread in CC has some great ones

Famous Mortimer

"Mom and Dad, this is TC, TC, this is my Mom and Dad...now mention the Goodies"

From the Bloodhound Gang thread.

Mr. Analytical

I think "putting the willies up Waspy's wife" in the ghost story thread takes some beating. As indeed does Waspy's Wife.

CaledonianGonzo

'Raise your glasses for the bride and groom' is a particular favourite. 

I'm also a fan of 'Consider my willy, aahh' on the Marvin Piking thread.

I also liked 'Arsebanjo' on the 'Pictures of [banned troll]'s Guitar' thread.

I love tags, me.  They may be 'reductive and 'gallery-playing', but Christ they can be funny.

Captain Crunch

'Def Lepard at a funeral' made me snort tea through my nose so thanks to the shady chap behind that one.

Jack Shaftoe

'Watching your shirty Linehan in public' was very fine.

Cupid Stunt

In a thread a while back about terrifying 1980s nuclear doomfest Threads, someone tagged "that lady done a wee".  That was pretty grate.

Charles Charlie Charles

I like "I want to see t_Kingpin in uniform, prison uniform"

Catalogue Trousers

For superlative churlishness, "fuck off kids, you get NOTHING" from the Hallowe'en thread takes some beating.

Groundless one that made me smirk? "Freema Agyeman looks like a fish finger!" from the Old Doctor Who thread.

(Oh - and as a SpongeBob fan - "woooooh I'm the Flying Dutchman!!!" from the Hallowe'en thread also made me chuckle.)

Marvin

The scary thing is that I first used tcraymondmentionsthegoodies.blogspot.com as a tag in a thread a few weeks ago, actually probably one of my only TC-related tags, in a thread which read like a blog post, and since then someone has made the real blog which is just, I dunno, stupid? Much like a certain posters constant baiting of TC which ironically is much more annoying than TC thesedays.

But yes, the Piking thread is great, as was that Bloodhoung Gang one.

My favourite tag ever is still 'Emily tries but misunderstands' added to the BB thread the day Emily told a black girl she was pushing it out 'you n**ger' by, I think, Huzzie?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's only just struck me, but I can't believe that t_kingpin's gbh thread didn't feature a tag along the lines of, "you wouldn't hit a man with glasses, would you?"

Vitalstatistix

That TC joke Blog is awful. Who would put the effort in, then not post in a manner at all similar to TC? Why!?

A recent tag I like for its viciousness is "dormant internet slugs need media prodding" (or something similar) in the Wowzers TV thread. Bitter, unnecessary but very funny.

Wolski

I like 'my police partner shot me' in the 'Worst Cover Ever' thread.

wheatgod

Quote from: Vitalstatistix on November 03, 2007, 06:41:43 PM
That TC joke Blog is awful. Who would put the effort in, then not post in a manner at all similar to TC? Why!?

[banned troll] has gone and been super-ironical and done that blog himself. I thought it was obvious?

Small Man Big Horse

"Cassandra's Miscarriage" from the random tv moments that make you smile thread made me laugh a lot, and most of the other tags there are great too.

non capisco

Quote from: Mr. Analytical on November 03, 2007, 10:58:48 AM
I think "putting the willies up Waspy's wife" in the ghost story thread takes some beating. As indeed does Waspy's Wife.

Yeah, that one was the only recent inspired Waspy's wife tag. A bit like in Seven when that corpse suddenly appears to breathe out.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Marvin on November 03, 2007, 06:00:20 PM
Much like a certain posters constant baiting of TC which ironically is much more annoying than TC thesedays.
I've barely baited him for ages!

Quote from: Wolski on November 03, 2007, 06:50:22 PM
I like 'my police partner shot me' in the 'Worst Cover Ever' thread.

Ha ha ha, that's excellent!

Always liked 'huzzie would like a bung' in the football thread

The Widow of Brid

"Not the coal hole, Mother!" from the 'disturbing trends in modern 'literature' thread. There are wittier tags but that really made me laugh for some reason

Don_Preston

Quote from: Mrs Trousers on November 04, 2007, 11:26:50 PM
"Not the coal hole, Mother!" from the 'disturbing trends in modern 'literature' thread. There are wittier tags but that really made me laugh for some reason

Similarly, I loved this: "My Bottom Was My Stepfather's Plaything"

samadriel

Hoh, that was ME!  I win!
<BOOOO!>
Damn!  DAMN!</Rik>

steven583699

From 'Northen Rock' thread:

'This is boring can we have some other news please'

I liked the lack of punctuation, which really emphasised the childishness of the demand.

TC Raymond

In short, you enjoy watching someone with Asperger's Syndrome and severe depression being baited by smug student cuntskulls. How sad.

Do you have some inside information as to who did the tag then?

Marvin

Quote from: [banned troll] on November 05, 2007, 02:39:12 PM
In short, you enjoy watching someone with Asperger's Syndrome and severe depression being baited by smug student cuntskulls. How sad.

There were only two tags referencing you mentioned positively in this thread and both were so silly they were barely related to you at all.

You actually have received a lot of supportive comments in the past relating to your asperger's and depression, which you've generally ignored, and you have often deliberately baited and annoyed other posters so you can't really have it both ways.

There have only been a few instances at all where somebody has been negative about you because of your aspergers (as for the depression, well from some of the threads here in the past, that's half the board) and myself and others have actually stuck up for you, and even in this thread there are references to unpleasant tiresome baiting of you, but silly tags like that Bloodhound Gang thread one aren't bullying, they're just not. It's silly jokes. Look at how waspy, despite whatever anger issues he may have had previously, could laugh at the ridiculousness of the thousands of waspy's wife tags.

Hank_Kingsley

Aspergers isn't a get-out clause for being a douche. Not saying you're a douche. Just saying it's no excuse.
Didn't Brutus Beefcake have aspergers? He wasnae a douche.

Marvin

Well, that's a dubious statment but still. The thing is, there are times where people do seem to attack TC for something that IS aspergers related, like someone attacking him in CC recently for not being able to understand emotional context. Which is a bit like calling a blind person a stupid cunt for not appreciateing Picasso's use of colour.

But yeah, that's one thing, and ultimately silly jokes about Goodies obsession or genuine annoyance at millions of new threads or Viz for Tories cartoons and nasty comments is quite another.