Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:18:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Threads you can't be arsed to start

Started by Blue Jam, November 26, 2009, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tater pie

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on January 29, 2010, 12:02:55 PMI very much enjoy that avatar of the slightly lazy eyed Blair

*gazes up, bleary eyed and decides life is worth living again*

Blue Jam

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on January 29, 2010, 12:02:55 PMI laugh every time I read.... "God as a thing or whatever it is".

Even though I know who said that quote, I can't read it without hearing it in Peter Cook's Arthur Streeb-Greebling voice.

My favourite username is still Trotsky Assortment, it makes me smile whenever I see it (and I hear that one in the correct accent). My least favourite username is mine, it's rubbish and it's about time I changed it.

On the subject of avatars, I've seen one of my TTOI ones popping up all over Livejournal, which is flattering but also rather worrying. It's not me on there, honest.

Ginyard

daimoniac

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 26, 2009, 12:50:17 PM
I wanted to start a thread called "Whom do you consider pleasing to the ear?" as a sister thread to "Whom do you consider pleasing to the eye?" and "The best faces of all time", to list people with sexy voices and just plain good voices. I was going to suggest a list of people who should be Tube announcers- John Cleese on the Central Line, Tom Baker on the Circle Line etc- but then I realised that BRIAN BLESSED should just do them all, and this rendered my entire thread pointless.

now this is a thread i'd have jumped on straight away!

voices that can induce the "pitching a tent" state -

charlotte green (from radio 4)

carla mendonca (except when she's doing the "essex bird" although the vocal from the mark steel lecture on the russian revolution made up for that)

anne clark (she can sing/talk about anything and make it sound sultry as hell)