Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:47:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Insane Women's Magazines

Started by DuncanC, January 15, 2010, 08:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuncanC

Someone just linked me to this incredible piece of journalism from "Pick Me Up" magazine:

I Breastfeed My Dog (not work safe)

I remember a big thread of cover scans from these kinds of magazines a while ago. Does anyone remember these and/or still have any? I had a look for the thread with Google but no luck.

I was looking desperately through my bookmarks for that blog you mention, no such luck though. I usually give the covers a glance at the checkout or in the newsagents. Some sublime stuff on there. It's incredible how the bleakest stories become instantly comedic thanks to the bubblegum pink arial italics.

candlelightoptometrist

[voice] Er, I think you'll find that since search engine access to the forums was turned off at that point, you wouldn't find it by using a search engine.[/voice]
Thread.
or blog, which sadly seems abandoned..

DuncanC

Thanks!

(I don't understand the [voice][/voice] bit - I used Google, as recommended by the message at the top of the broken search page: "please use Google to search the site in the meantime".)

massive bereavement

"My boob exploded whilst breastfeeding my dog in Morrisons"

candlelightoptometrist

Quote from: DuncanC on January 15, 2010, 10:29:08 PM
Thanks!

(I don't understand the [voice][/voice] bit - I used Google, as recommended by the message at the top of the broken search page: "please use Google to search the site in the meantime".)

I don't know, I was being a dick obtuse. Sorry about that.
My opinion could be that I think the Google robot spider would not crawl down threads that it had been previously told not to crawl down; despite the threads being made re-available to the web crawling robot spider.

If a new thread links to a thread active during the period that that thread was active, and yet also inactive, in the sense of being unavailable to third party file index providers; I would imagine this validates the latter thread in the eyes of the Google Crawling Robot Spider, and makes it searchable; in this sense one might say that he thinks some posts were not indexed by the thread crawling robot spider, and with the aforementioned in mind, I'd imagine that soon enough the spider would crawl down everyone's posts, and simultaneously subsequently index the act of doing so.

If not, then not so much so..

BernieMac

Yeeeeeeeeeeeheheeeeeeeeeeah.

All these post-feminists rattling on about the duracell battery life. They chose to evade the tentpole. Y'know what I'm sayin' folks?

That Shulemith Firestone! I gave a little roger to her one night. Yeah, we had a boy Roger because o' that! She never told no-one though. She probably knitted the bastid.

So yeah, women's rags ain't much really.

Just get on that internet, there's a whole crop o' messy things you wouldn't even care to imagine boys.

AsparagusTrevor

Is this a thread to post only actual woman's mag headlines, or can we chuck in a few Photoshopped stuff like the old thread?

Whatever, I felt inspired and I've just spend the past couple of hours on this:

Small Man Big Horse

Heh, nice work sir.

One of my friends work's on one of the women's magazines, this is her facebook status from earlier on in the week:

Quote...is working on the problems page today. First letter of the day "Every time I see my boyfriend, I cum in my knickers and it shows through my trousers" Advice = take the trousers off, love. Ha ha

She's lovely (and incredibly hot) but has no qualifications for giving advice whatsoever. As you might've guessed.

DuncanC

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 16, 2010, 01:50:35 AM
Is this a thread to post only actual woman's mag headlines, or can we chuck in a few Photoshopped stuff like the old thread?
Yeah, sorry, I didn't define the parameters of this thread very well, did I? I like Photoshops, bring 'em on!

AsparagusTrevor

Great stuff, I enjoyed doing it quite a bit so I might produce more in the near future. And I encourage others to do the same, cos it's a right lark.

Cerys

Quote from: DuncanC on January 15, 2010, 08:50:04 PM
Someone just linked me to this incredible piece of journalism from "Pick Me Up" magazine

The journalist in question clearly has a sense of humour:

Quote'You liked that, didn't you girl?' I said, as she gently pawed my chest.
Despite having a mouthful of sharp teeth, she didn't bite me and 10 minutes later, I gently pulled her off.

AsparagusTrevor

glitch

trashmag might be down but Take a Weird Break is still going strong!

An tSaoi

tater pie

I like the 'free will for all our readers'.

AsparagusTrevor

Haha! Nice one. I especially like "One of Britain's Magazines" and the "Spermos" which reminds me of something one of my schoolmates once did.

I printed one of mine out (the February edition) and when I went to visit my nan the other day I Pritsticked it to the front of one of her mags, knowing full well she passes them onto a friend after she's read them. I think I took one from her 'read' pile. Hopefully she won't notice but the next reader will.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nothing anyone does could compare to:

Reality. I had to do a double-take just to check whether than cushion was a potato.

Blumf

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 22, 2010, 01:44:01 PM
I printed one of mine out (the February edition) and when I went to visit my nan the other day I Pritsticked it to the front of one of her mags, knowing full well she passes them onto a friend after she's read them. I think I took one from her 'read' pile. Hopefully she won't notice but the next reader will.

In 6 months time you'll be at the dentist/doctors for a check-up and it'll be there on the reception table, mixed in with all the others.

AsparagusTrevor

Seeing that would complete my life, seriously.

buntyman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 22, 2010, 01:47:41 PM

Reality. I had to do a double-take just to check whether than cushion was a potato.

Is that a genuine one?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 22, 2010, 01:47:41 PM

That mask is freaky, stick a phallus on the top of his head and he'd look like something out of a Giger painting.

rudi

I've read that one; it's not very good.

AsparagusTrevor

George Oscar Bluth II

I liked the juxtaposition of the awful and outlandish "RAPED! while I was in labour" with the absurd "sexist ghost in the pub!".

AsparagusTrevor

Haha, I read it as "Sexiest Ghost in Pub" as though it was a contest.

gmoney

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 23, 2010, 03:28:16 AM
Haha, I read it as "Sexiest Ghost in Pub" as though it was a contest.

Haha, so did I. I'm not sue which is better.

That's a great mong, LMC. I particularly like "Your Genuinely Alarming Letters"