Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Being insensitive but not on purpose really

Started by keith bland, January 27, 2010, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith bland

Hello.

Last night I was over at my girlfriend Charlotte's place and we ended up getting drunk and then I went to buy more alcohol and then when I got back Charlotte was upset because almost two years ago her Dad died from drinking too much so I put the alcohol behind her armchair so that she couldn't see it and then I went to the sofa to comfort her and she started crying properly and so I hugged her even more but then I accidentally got sexually excited and for a long time she didn't know about it but it wouldn't go away and then she moved and found out about it and then she stopped crying and told me to go home. I told her that I really wasn't trying to get sexually excited and that I was trying to be a good boyfriend for her but she wouldn't listen to me so in the end I told her that she shouldn't wear shorts then which was a stupid thing to say but I was pretty drunk. When I got home I snapped one of my CDs in half because I was so angry at myself and then I went to bed. Has something similar to this ever happened to you and if it has then what did you do to make everything ok again?

Keith

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteLast night I was over at my girlfriend Charlotte's place and we ended up getting drunk and then I went to buy more alcohol and then when I got back Charlotte was upset because almost two years ago her Dad died from drinking too much so I put the alcohol behind her armchair so that she couldn't see it and then I went to the sofa to comfort her and she started crying properly and so I hugged her even more but then I accidentally got sexually excited and for a long time she didn't know about it but it wouldn't go away and then she moved and found out about it and then she stopped crying and told me to go home.

Use some punctuation you stupid idiot.

Sorry.

QuoteHas something similar to this ever happened to you and if it has then what did you do to make everything ok again?

Yes, very recently.

I apologised, but I'm not really sure whether it will be okay.

Johnny Textface

Baxter

Wiggy

For the snapped CD, you could perhaps illegally download it, as you have already paid for it. Next time you're angry snap something less important like a twig or a pen that doesn't work anymore.

buttgammon

I snapped "Strangeways, Here We Come" by The Smiths in a rage once but it was okay because I had it on my computer anyway. I'd have downloaded it otherwise. I also wrecked my mobile phone in an outburst around the same time which was far worse.

I'm afraid I have little useful advice to offer but keep copies of all of your music and try to keep yourself away from anything which you wouldn't want to break if you get angry.

Good luck with everything!

Mr_Simnock

I once smashed an old mobile after loosing a league chess game very cheaply ( and quickly ) to someone I consider to be a weaker player than me. Its actually my biggest let down, getting overly annoyed at loosing chess games sometimes.

rudi

Have you tried dying through drinking too little? That'll show her.

An tSaoi

I'm accidentally insensitive loads, in real life and online. I don't intend to do it, and because don't realise I'm doing it, I have no idea how to stop doing it. I'm not very good at reading people, which often leads me to say something I consider to be innocent hat they find callous/offensive etc.

massive bereavement

Quote from: keith bland on January 27, 2010, 02:41:39 PM
she started crying properly and so I hugged her even more but then I accidentally got sexually excited and for a long time she didn't know about it but it wouldn't go away and then she moved and found out about it and then she stopped crying

You should have said "I thought erections made girls feel better. It stopped you crying didn't it?"

hornshang

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 27, 2010, 02:44:12 PMYes, very recently.

I apologised, but I'm not really sure whether it will be okay.

Tell me more.

You should've tucked it up behind your waistband you dozy bastard. Come on.... I learnt that one in primary school!

Cold Meat Platter

Milo

I can't remember how Larry David made up with Nana in Curb Your Enthusiasm when something similar happened to him, but whatever it was, do that.

Peter Gabriel

You can blow out a candle...

... But you can't blow out a fire.