Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mickey Mouse is up for grabs as copyright expires.

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, July 03, 2022, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

JamesTC

bgmnts

I want to see Mickey Mouse as a ruthless capitalist buying up everything in the film, basically a Daniel Plainview type, and ends the film raping and draining every property on earth, leaving him lying in bed hardly able to breathe.

Glebe

Lemming

Just biding time until Clarabelle Cow's copyright expires. I have future plans in place that will require this.

Glebe

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit will go out of copyright first so Mickey has that to gloat about.

Glebe

bgmnts

Can someone get photoshop going? I want to see Mickey Mouse slouching in the chair next to a huge bowl of company logos.

JamesTC

A shirt with Mickey Mouse smoking a blunt and the caption "Mickey is moused".

idunnosomename

This will completely revolutionise the ice cream-selling world

imitationleather

Am I still allowed to call the Europa Conference League a Mickey Mouse competition?

Buelligan

I hear the Labour Party is considering asking him to stand as leader.

Kankurette

Fambo Number Mive

The first thing the Labour PR team would do would be to make him exchange those red shorts for burgundy ones.

touchingcloth

When does copyright expire? I thought it was after 50 years meaning that Mick would have been public property decades ago.

Glebe

Spudgun

Quote from: bgmnts on July 03, 2022, 05:10:37 PMCan someone get photoshop going? I want to see Mickey Mouse slouching in the chair next to a huge bowl of company logos.

Not Photoshop, but even better:

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 03, 2022, 06:43:58 PMWhen does copyright expire? I thought it was after 50 years meaning that Mick would have been public property decades ago.

I think that's in Britain, whereas in America it's 95 years.

Goldentony

thead titles that double as Pop Will East Itself choruses

madhair60

Mickey Mouse, in his house, pulling down his trousers

lazyhour

Can't wait for the inevitable reprints of this!

Replies From View

This is quite bonkers really, considering it's their corporate mascot.  (I assume, unless it's been phased out over time?)

Will McDonald's eventually lose the right to use their double arches logo?  I've never really thought about this and I suppose that relatively speaking all this corporate branding shite has been around for a very short time.  Really funny if it turns out that quite soon any fucker could start putting a Nike tick on their products.

kalowski

Quote from: JamesTC on July 03, 2022, 05:10:49 PMA shirt with Mickey Mouse smoking a blunt and the caption "Mickey is moused".
I tried

Edit: Ah, others had the same idea.

Video Game Fan 2000

Disney are laughing because Mickey Mouse is so obviously a minstrel stereotype that if anyone else draws him they can be arrested for massive racism, but if Disney do it they just can say "its a mouse, you nutcase. and so telling that your mind went straight to race"

Fishfinger

Quote from: Replies From View on July 03, 2022, 08:07:18 PMThis is quite bonkers really, considering it's their corporate mascot.

Mascot A is actually Walt's severed head, frozen in the moment of delighting in the mirth of death.

JamesTC