Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gentleminions

Started by Blue Jam, July 04, 2022, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Captain Z

QuoteBox office staff told the BBC young people in suits had been "cheering, clapping, whooping" and rising to their feet throughout the film.

Are they sure they didn't just eject Richard E Grant?

Pink Gregory

QuoteA staff member at one venue told the BBC they wanted to ensure the experience was not spoiled for younger children on their first cinema trip.

Mallard Cinema manager Daniel Phillips-Smith: "It's been absolutely heartbreaking. We've had families who won't even go back into the screen when we've tried to sort it out, families leaving before the film has even started, and of course the children have been in tears."

Influencers are *cunts*

Captain Z

Young people wearing suits to the pictures, cheering and applauding art. It's a disgrace. Back in my day youths dressed far more suitably in matching hoodies and trackie bottoms, and had the decency to hang around in the shadows at night out of people's way.

Blue Jam

They're like a junior Bullingdon Club *shudder*

checkoutgirl

They look look like young Republican fascists going to a Turning Point USA convention. I don't have any issue with wearing a suit per ce, as long as they don't march around in packs of 30, making noise and being bellends. Once you start intimidating kids, being antisocial and ruining everyone else's fun you can fuck off entirely.

Outside of being antisocial, where I draw the line is people going to the cinema dressed as wizards. Those people make me sick.

Why did they pick the Minions film? Is that some Reddit thing or some meme or something? Seems a bit of an odd choice for later stage teenage boys.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 04, 2022, 06:08:54 PMThey're like a junior Bullingdon Club *shudder*

Exactly the vibes I was getting.  Utterly bizarre.

bgmnts

"I love being gen z, we have so much power".

What power do you have? You're all bigger slaves to trends than any generation previous.

Quote from: Captain Z on July 04, 2022, 06:07:59 PMYoung people wearing suits to the pictures, cheering and applauding art. It's a disgrace. Back in my day youths dressed far more suitably in matching hoodies and trackie bottoms, and had the decency to hang around in the shadows at night out of people's way.

Well nah they were actually vandalising cinemas but fair enough. Just some stressed out parents wanting to take their kids to a fun film made for babies and these cunts want to try and be internet famous and ruin it for everyone.

idunnosomename

This shit has made more than twice as much as Lightyear did in its opening weekend and has already beat its cumulative gross. Could say it's ironic as the lil green aliens from Toy Story are very like minions (they arent in Lightyear but the cartoon used them as Star Command's lackeys)

Oh yeah and young people are very stupid. To think gen y thought they were post irony, yeesh

Zero Gravitas

They should have more respect for our cultural touchstones.

Video Game Fan 2000

vibes are out and irony's back baby

Video Game Fan 2000

no one shows these eejits Clockwork Orange or that shite will start over again

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 04, 2022, 06:16:00 PMvibes are out and irony's back baby

annihilating your own groinal area with a lump hammer and screaming 'Imagine doing this!  Just imagine it!'

bgmnts

Bring back national service.

Video Game Fan 2000

changed my mind about that Philip Larkin

Blue Jam

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 04, 2022, 06:10:03 PMI don't have any issue with wearing a suit per ce

Probably sixth-formers, lots of schools require their sixth-formers to wear suits to school now.

Not very punk rock though is it, wearing your school clothes to the pictures? They're not the Droogs.

Video Game Fan 2000

Blue Jam

I once saw one of the Bond films in Durham. The screening was full of Durham University students in suits and posh frocks. It struck me that they were trying to stave off a bit of smalltown boredom. They all behaved themselves, mind.

The only time it's acceptable to throw objects at a cinema screen is when The Room is being projected onto it.

canadagoose

Us millennials used to get up to some shite too. I don't know if this is worse but it's probably the same genre of rubbish.

Video Game Fan 2000

happy slapping! now there was a proper moral panic like we used to have in the old days before these blue haired social media moral panics that won't put the effort in

QuoteThere is no need for a moral panic about this. Let's not treat it as an epidemic but use the laws on the current statute book

says Prof Boringdontlistentohim who we've buried at the bottom of the article after seven paragraphs about how it'll definitely happen to you and its the fault of television.

Blue Jam

Quote from: canadagoose on July 04, 2022, 06:28:03 PMUs millennials used to get up to some shite too. I don't know if this is worse but it's probably the same genre of rubbish.

My generation used to do Happy Slapping long before the Millennials, we just used to shout "You've been Tango'd" afterwards.

madhair60

if anyone ever interrupted my enjoyment of any work in the Despicable Me franchise I would be devastated.

I hope the creators make "minions" at the box office! (Millions)

idunnosomename

Oh the tik tok babies have discovered flash mobs. Did your history classes just get up to 2010?!?

Ferris

I've gone to a screening of Withnail and I where everyone was in their big long coats swigging smuggled vodka when the ushers weren't looking.

Ashamed to say I was one of them, but that was very much my vibe at the time and had nothing to do with the film.

jobotic

What the fuck is the Mansfield Chad?

The local paper or Nottinghamshire's most alpha male?

frajer

What a bunch of grunts (Gru cunts).

Glebe

Zero Gravitas

Don't worry, they'll all suffer in the water wars.

Butchers Blind

I very rarely go to the cinema these because people just forgot how to behave.

Basic rules of going to the cinema:

Shut the fuck up
Turn up on time
Don't look at your phone during the film
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

sevendaughters

teenagers with the jaded listless appetites of retired colonels.